Marta Suarez Rodriguez Interview

Thanks for posting this. Great interview!

Marta will feel right at home here with all the cows and mountains she's used to seeing.

Also liked Maria C.'s comment about Kellie looking for players with not just talent but the right character to fit the culture.

Still not sure if Marta will be introduced/listed as Suarez or Rodriguez.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting! Sounds like a great kid. Nice high release on game video.

“I really don’t like to lose, but I want to compete and grow as a player. At the end it was all about the feeling I had with the people and how much did I trust the coach.”

“When people ask what position I play, I always answer, ‘I just play basketball,’ ”

She sounds like my kind of player! That article gives me great hope. She sounds very mature for such a young woman. Seems she shares coach Harper’s competitive streak and hatred of losing!

There are parts of her game that she will have to adjust to, (speed of the game, physicality of SEC) but the good things she brings (unselfishness, good skills and footwork, high release and good shooting touch, good vision, desire to improve, humble yet confident) far outweigh the negatives

Her first lesson as a US players has to be, stay away from social media except the ones in which, she can dictate who posts!
EUREKA! Finally! Exactly! Whew, when did this 180 happen? It is, btw, the first lesson most players and parents of any elite level activity learn at about age 12. Failure or refusal to learn this (Mom Westbrook) should be a big ole red flag. We can argue endlessly (and probably will) whether this necessity is or is not a moral tragedy of our time, but the fact it is a necessity is undeniable.

I thought this player would be very mature being willing to live internationally at such a young age. I also agree, God help me, with CJ's assessment of the strengths and opportunities for improvement she brings. I believe she's a solid addition who hopefully will be a vital role player right off the bat. Welcome!

VN Store

Back