Marta Suarez and Jaiden McCoy

I don’t understand why Kelly hasn’t been asked about when Jaiden will come back. I remember when Ariel Massengale had a head injury and she sat out for majority of her Senior year I believe. Jasmine Jones career ended due to a head injury, as her and her mother decided it was in their best interest to pursue track and field instead.

I think you answered your own question. Exactly, what will be gained by asking CKJH about a player with an injury where it is uncertain if and when she might be back? If ask, Coach's answer would most likely be "I don't know:.

Interesting how it is gone from "Kellie will never be able to win against top teams because she keeps playing too many players" to the current situation.

With Marta out, Kellie is down to a seven player rotation: the original starting four + KK, JW and Destiny.

Signs are that Kellie will roll with that 7 unless forced to go deeper by foul problems or injury circumstances.

That 7 should be able to get the job done but we are now on the knife's edge in terms of depth.

We may see Emily more and Tess ? We have FL next game i`m sure Kellie will try and get the two some playing time in that game .

She looks slow at times. It would help with her quickness. It's a good point. Quit crying when someone makes an observation!!

Reactions: NoBackBoard
what a weird thing to say. what’s with people on this forum and making personal jabs at these girls. it’s very weird to see grown men do that, but hey that’s just my opinion.

It's posters coming in from other forums that are doing the majority of jabbing. They normally only show up after poor performances and seem to have little regard for the team or coaches.

Don't understand why Rennie does not get any minuets. She is not a liability when she is in. Needs to be more consistent with the 3 shot as that is what she is noted for but otherwise hustles and plays hard. And she doesn't turn the ball over much. That in itself should get you some minuets.

Don't understand why Rennie does not get any minuets. She is not a liability when she is in. Needs to be more consistent with the 3 shot as that is what she is noted for but otherwise hustles and plays hard. And she doesn't turn the ball over much. That in itself should get you some minuets.

At this point, we know that if Kellie thinks a player is ready for game time, that player will get minutes. So, the indication is that Kellie has not considered injured Tess, Rennie, and Emily ready for games against tougher comp. She sees them in practice everyday; all us arm chair coaches don't.

Also, Player "X "(who hardly plays) does not make many mistakes is a tricky rationale. If Player X had more time on the court, the mistakes might add up quickly. The coaching staff see everyday in practice what kind of decisions players make under pressure; how effective they are in executing plays; matching up under different defensive schemes. If Kellie is not calling a player's number, I would infer that player is not ready for prime time.

Now, I do hope that Tess and/or Rennie get healthy, make the development leap etc. needed in the very near future because this team desperately needs more outside shooters.

Last edited:
The truth of the matter is that there are only so many minutes to go around. So who gets the minutes? If Marta is available, definitely Marta. She does everything well except for TOs being a little high. The offense flows nicely when she's in the game.

If Marta is out Tess may be a plug and play. We haven't seen her much, but my guess is that she is a better 3p shooter than Marta but not as effective inside on offense, defense, or rebounding. Overall defense is slight advantage Marta and Tess may not direct the offense when it gets stuck like Marta does. Tess may be more conservative in trying to make things happen and have fewer TOs. BUT I wouldn't want to overplay Tess and aggravate her shin splints.

Whatever Tess can't provide in minutes, I'd like to see Rennie put up some shots. Rennie knows her job: don't be a defensive liability, no turnovers, shoot when open. There's no versatility but she can certainly fill a niche, especially when she gets hot.

maybe your heart needs some work? marta looks fine to me.[/QUOTE

Good God... its has NOTHING to do with looks. This is about PEFORMANCE. Her issues are 1. Lack of mobility. 2. Problems with her feet. 3. Lack of endurance.
So tell me again how losing weight won't help these issues?

Wait, so Kellie knew Marta had a significant foot injury, but started her anyway? Possibly making the condition worse? I can't believe she cares more about winning than her player's health! What a toxic culture!
Depends on what the condition she has.

If Marta is out, I would like to see Walker at the point and try Horston at the 4 spot
I’ve been thinking the same thing. Horston is no point guard and she seems comfortable around the rim. She’s athletic and tall enough to be a problem for most teams. Cant hurt to try. It may work.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I’ve been thinking the same thing. Horston is no point guard and she seems comfortable around the rim. She’s athletic and tall enough to be a problem for most teams. Cant hurt to try. It may work.

Problem is I think she wants to be the PG. I’m not sure she’ll ever settle for playing where she’s better suited.

Ok. Dont need to, but if I was a D1 athlete woefully out of shape and competing in the highest level of my sport, I'd probably want to lose weight to reach my potential. This isnt a "fat joke." But I guess it's just too sensitive a topic. It's the SEC!!

Who the hell are you to say someone hat you've only seen on TV is "woefully out of shape?" And who are you to judge the size that she was recruited to play at and the size they want her to play with?

Ignorance, plain and simple.

VN Store

Back