Marta Suárez commits to Lady Vols

Yes, and 34% 3 pt. I thought I said that.

Oh heavens no! Who would think that. Jordan=the new Mimi.

Jordan Horston starting to remind me of Chuck Norris! Lordy by next fall they'll have her in the Hall of Fame.

I give KJH credit for apparently making a bold decision. She agrees JH is Chuck Norris, and she's fully investing in her as PG. As goes Jordans improvement goes the next version of the LVs. KJH been coaching a little longer than me, so hopefully she's making the right call. I really, really hope so. But I'll be honest, it's terrifying to me.

So I also really hope there's that steady, experienced PG out there just busting to transfer to the LVs. Just a little margin for error. Another recruiting need we talked about during the season that they've yet to address is an upgrade in quickness, especially on the perimeter. So that magical transfer PG can be quick too.

Mimi, I believe she transferred to Maryland

From an outsider point of view, she is in no way a combo guard. I like her moves around the basket. Good with both hands. She seemed a little slow, so I’m not sure how much guard she will play at all.

No one has mentioned her defense, but it’s a big transition to college ball.
Yeah hope she balls out but question the level of competition. We will see.

Reactions: glv98
Who is the backup is the main worry. I am looking for a breakout season from Jordan she needs a solid backup at that position. Right now as I look at the roster who is that Salary or Darby nobody else on the present roster can play there.
Tess Darby’s Coach said one of the highlights of her game is that she’s a great communicator. That would be especially important for a point guard, plus she’s a fine 3 point shooter.

Tess Darby’s Coach said one of the highlights of her game is that she’s a great communicator. That would be especially important for a point guard, plus she’s a fine 3 point shooter.
Experience in the college game is vital we saw that with Horston. Of course she is an option as is Salary and the article says Rodriguez can play there so I will take them as being reliable with that information.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Believe it or not our team will be similar to Kellies at mo state but with better player in all positions. We will see bigger and better shooters in at least 3 positions and will move the ball up the court with more speed. May be 2 more years of her recruiting to get there but that is what I think. The Key girls are the key to our success.
Yeah, we gotta get Teonnie.

Yes, and 34% 3 pt. I thought I said that.

Oh heavens no! Who would think that. Jordan=the new Mimi.

Jordan Horston starting to remind me of Chuck Norris! Lordy by next fall they'll have her in the Hall of Fame.

I give KJH credit for apparently making a bold decision. She agrees JH is Chuck Norris, and she's fully investing in her as PG. As goes Jordans improvement goes the next version of the LVs. KJH been coaching a little longer than me, so hopefully she's making the right call. I really, really hope so. But I'll be honest, it's terrifying to me.

So I also really hope there's that steady, experienced PG out there just busting to transfer to the LVs. Just a little margin for error. Another recruiting need we talked about during the season that they've yet to address is an upgrade in quickness, especially on the perimeter. So that magical transfer PG can be quick too.
🤣🤣🤣

I hope the staff and the upperclassmen will put Tess at ease with being the same level of communicator as a freshman at Tennessee as she was as a senior in high school — when she’s had time to learn the plays, of course.

It can be extremely difficult for a freshman to come in and be vocal because they don’t want any returnees to think they’re telling them what to do. But any truly “team first” upperclassman will be more than happy to hear the voice of a freshman if that freshman’s voice is strong and confident and can help them win. If I were a Lady Vol upperclassman I’d be thrilled to know I’ve got help coming from a vocal freshman!

I suspect that Darby will be, if her class/study schedule permits, one of those kids who will also lead by example when it comes to getting into the gym and putting in extra effort. From all I’ve read she has pretty much dreamed of this opportunity her whole young life, so I’m confident she’s going to give it her all.

I couldn’t be happier just thinking about that first time she’ll run out onto The Summitt for her first home game. I can’t wait for next time we’ll get to watch our Lady Vols play in person!

I hope the staff and the upperclassmen will put Tess at ease with being the same level of communicator as a freshman at Tennessee as she was as a senior in high school — when she’s had time to learn the plays, of course.

It can be extremely difficult for a freshman to come in and be vocal because they don’t want any returnees to think they’re telling them what to do. But any truly “team first” upperclassman will be more than happy to hear the voice of a freshman if that freshman’s voice is strong and confident and can help them win. If I were a Lady Vol upperclassman I’d be thrilled to know I’ve got help coming from a vocal freshman!

I suspect that Darby will be, if her class/study schedule permits, one of those kids who will also lead by example when it comes to getting into the gym and putting in extra effort. From all I’ve read she has pretty much dreamed of this opportunity her whole young life, so I’m confident she’s going to give it her all.

I couldn’t be happier just thinking about that first time she’ll run out onto The Summitt for her first home game. I can’t wait for next time we’ll get to watch our Lady Vols play in person!

She's already leading by example

Here is a great workout video. It's a good reason besides having great skills that Azzi Fudd is the best HS player in the country.

That bird in the background, may be a woodpecker would drive me nuts. Azzi, go ahead and commit to UConn and be done with it. Could Ivey lure her to ND?

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure every player on a Div I team is working out on their own.

I tell my players "When i ask you to practice, what you say to me matters less than what you show me...in basketball,, your tongue is 28.5 in circumference and made of leather"

Reactions: GameTime
Like I said before, I'm pretty sure every player on a Div I team is working out on their own.

That may, or may not, be the case. It’ll take about five minutes into the first team workout for the staff to see which players struggled to work out on their own on and which didn’t. We all have to hope they all use this time wisely, but I know from personal experience that it is not easy to stay in basketball shape on one’s own.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Kellie finds that there’s a fairly wide gap between the best- and worst-prepared players when they return. It’s difficult even under normal circumstances, but the pandemic has a lot of peoples’ priorities in flux.

That may, or may not, be the case. It’ll take about five minutes into the first team workout for the staff to see which players struggled to work out on their own on and which didn’t. We all have to hope they all use this time wisely, but I know from personal experience that it is not easy to stay in basketball shape on one’s own.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Kellie finds that there’s a fairly wide gap between the best- and worst-prepared players when they return. It’s difficult even under normal circumstances, but the pandemic has a lot of peoples’ priorities in flux.
Well, I didn't say they would be doing a good job of it....lol.

But in some way, shape or form, they are all working out.

Reactions: glv98

The biggest issue IMO will be conditioning. Shooting around is not the same, especially for players with conditioning issues like Key or KK.

Unless society soon reverts to pre-Covid-19 comfort-in-contact levels following a miraculously swift vaccine discovery or, at least, a rock-solid treatment that results in far fewer coronavirus-related deaths, I predict there will be NO teams next season that will start the season looking better than they looked starting this past season. It seems to me that there almost has to be a drop-off in performance across the board given how long it will have been before players and staff were even close to approaching normality.

I'm not going to be expecting the Lady Vols or anyone else to blow my mind with how much improvement they've made since the end of last season. NOBODY.

Unless society soon reverts to pre-Covid-19 comfort-in-contact levels following a miraculously swift vaccine discovery or, at least, a rock-solid treatment that results in far fewer coronavirus-related deaths, I predict there will be NO teams next season that will start the season looking better than they looked starting this past season. It seems to me that there almost has to be a drop-off in performance across the board given how long it will have been before players and staff were even close to approaching normality.

I'm not going to be expecting the Lady Vols or anyone else to blow my mind with how much improvement they've made since the end of last season. NOBODY.

No doubt people will be a bit more out of shape. It may also give people more time to reflect and review though. Plenty of film to watch I’m sure!

I do worry that international players may be delayed though. Who knows when that will normalize.

VN Store

Back