Mark Wiedmer smells something burning in the kitchen...

Recruiting really hasn’t been that great.....he’s brought in Wanya, Wright, and Henry T. Only 1 of those players is really a star.
Dude Wanya and Wright held their own as FR last year in the SEC. They're doing a decent job this year but still they're only SO with poor QB play.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
JG's interceptions gut punch our offensive players. We were moving the ball much better than Kentucky until we gift wrapped them 14 points. Our defense kept battling but our O never got going and we finally wore down our D. If we get decent qb play today we would have won. We got behind and got timid with our play calling, we were running well to start the game but you could tell the offense just lost confidence after JG was reduced to handing off and throwing short passes that went nowhere. It's time to change directions at QB. Give Shrout more time than one bad throw, or give it to Bailey. Both bring more energy to the team that JG. Its time to go another direction at QB! GBO!!!!!

Spot on

Dude Wanya and Wright held their own as FR last year in the SEC. They're doing a decent job this year but still they're only SO with poor QB play.
Last 2 games they have been terrible and just stinking the whole place up. You can smell It all the way to Interstate 40 in Knoxville even from Athens.

This is the same type of stuff we were hearing when we lost to Georgia state, then we almost beat bama and went on an 8 game win streak. Remember, this team did beat usce who beat auburn today and killed mizzou who beat LSU. Went toe to toe with #3 Georgia for a half. We have a good team and the potential to win more games this year, just need a spark on offense.

It’s a long season. The jury is still out.
Talent is here in the 2 deep. But the coaching is lacking severely!!

At my 60+ year old small, family business in downtown Nashville loss of walk in / foot traffic due to the initial COVID shutdowns along with bogged down cash flow from customers in my receivables dept. either slow paying or going out of business and nightmarish logistical issues in shipping and receiving made the decision to opt out of my tickets this year an easy call. I personally have not missed a season where I did not attend at least one game @ Neyland since 1986 when I was 8 years old . I had a customer wanting tickets to today’s game and I was able to buy them @ ALLVOLS so I will most likely keep my streak alive but performances like today coupled with the fact that another pay period went by and all my employees got checks but I did not confirm that I made the right decision with my households finances .

I never see myself getting to the point where I completely check out but every time I see something as offensive as I saw today makes the decision to stay in Nashville on Saturdays in the fall that much easier . It is actually a little but painful to read what I just typed but it is where I am right now and I have a pretty good idea that I am not alone .
Thinking of the song: "Beer never broke my heart". Yesterday was the worst day I have ever spent in Neyland. Not saying the most heartbreaking ( I was in the end zone for the Gaffney Catch ). and a few others. This one just stunk it up. We should have been up by 10 in the 1st quarter. Back to back pick 6's gave me chest pains.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
If you're in year 3 and questioning the effort and dedication of your players after what should have been a winnable game, then you probably aren't doing something right as a coach.

Not just a "winnable" game. It was a "automatic win" type of game. Seriously this just as bad as GA State last year. You don't lose to Kentucky. Especially at home. That's written in stone around here.

Last edited:
No just a "winnable" game. It was a "automatic win" type of game. Seriously this just as bad as GA State last year. You don't lose to Kentucky. Especially at home. That's written in stone around here.

Well...it was written in stone.

Now its apparently scribbled in cornbread batter and slung to the wall.

KInd of like what this offense looks like it is doing with crap and seeing if anything sticks as opposed to an actual gameplan.

Pruitts teams are getting really good at skipping halves of football.

Either not showing up for a first half or not coming out of the locker room for the second.

Last 2 games they have been terrible and just stinking the whole place up. You can smell It all the way to Interstate 40 in Knoxville even from Athens.

They struggled against a good UGA DL and their quarterback can't move the ball. The issue isn't the OL even though they've had their struggles.

They struggled against a good UGA DL and their quarterback can't move the ball. The issue isn't the OL even though they've had their struggles.
I’m talking specifically about the two 5 star tackles. They are compromised with anyone coming off the edge with a little speed. It’s like they are not on the field.

Reactions: MADISONGAVOL
I think you are absolutely right. I noticed as did the announcers, that no one, not one player talked to jg after his mistakes, that is very unusual. If you remember last year, the team played much more inspired football when jg was replaced, and it continued because Maurer was injured and couldn't play. If Jg isn't replaced we may win one more game against Vandy, we just do not score enough with jg as qb

Wrong. Go back and watch when It came off the field after the 1st INT. There was a defensive player, I believe it was #48 that came up to him. Also, the punter was the 1st to approach him. He was terrible and stunk it up, but what you and others are saying is inaccurate. A few did comenuo to him.

Maybe Alabama and UGA's QB and Staff trust their receiving corps. It appears JG trusts none of his receivers to make tough catches. He can't throw them open either. We don't know how many plays JG changes or what is called. What I do know is that he doesn't see the field well or read defenses well.
Which is ridiculous because both Palmer and Johnson are clutch. They've proven they can go up and get those contested balls. Jones has shown he has upside, so has Hyatt. Keyton has been meh and we haven't seen the others. All in all I think Tee has done a decent job with them considering they're a relatively new bunch. Doesn't matter tho when like you said, you have a QB that can't consistently deliver them the ball.

I agree with your assessment of JG and I think that Pruitt knows his shortcomings too. Pruitt seems to emphasize that "JG gives us our best chance to win." I've not noticed Pruitt saying much about how great a quarterback JG is or his great quarterbacking skills, just the fact that he gives us our best chance to win. From what I've observed, Pruitt is right. There is not another quarterback in the house at this point in time that gives us as good a chance to win as JG. At this point, it is what it is.
If that is the case, the fact UT hasn’t brought in a SEC QB in three years is squarely on CJP. Not good.

Recruiting really hasn’t been that great.....he’s brought in Wanya, Wright, and Henry T. Only 1 of those players is really a star.

Coaching wise I think sace to say they need a new and well proven oline coach, and someone who can coach dbs. I feel like we are behind again on strenghth and conditioning which is huge

Right now? We’ve been in a bad place for 3 1/4 seasons. How many teams with a winning record has Pruitt beaten? How many games has Pruitt blown? He’s a ****ing loser that needs to be shown the door along with the POS that hired him.
You should be ashamed of your ignorant self for referring to the best football coach at this university in your pathetic lifetime as a POS. Go away

Reactions: kcvols1
The wheels are definitely off the Tennessee football team......... when fans see lack of effort, they want to throw in the towel as well

If you're in year 3 and questioning the effort and dedication of your players after what should have been a winnable game, then you probably aren't doing something right as a coach.
Can't help but wonder who the head coach continues to trot out to play QB has something to do with that.

VN Store

Back