Mark Wiedmer smells something burning in the kitchen...

I have never heard such a terrible post game presser as I did today. Pruitt should be ashamed of himself. He religiously defends JG in ways that require mental gymnastics to follow (the fumble this week and last week were not his fault??? He's the QB, protecting the football is his responsibility, the INT was the result of a bad play call????). and the only reason Pruitt is defending JG is because Pruitt continues to play him - it's not about defending JG for JG, it's about trying to convince others Pruitt was right to play him.

which in NO WAY is good leadership.

And his coaching staff and players know it. and Pruitt's lost them, I fear.

Like so many others here, I'm so worn out cheering for a dumpster fire of a team. Pruitt - like Jones and Dooley - appears to be in over his head. I wish the players well, and hope those that can are able to transfer successfully.
Pretty funny he blames bad play call; the QB is supposed to read the defense. You don't throw the ball blindly without knowing the coverage unless you are JG. Does JP know that the JG doesn't have to make the throw? SMH

Anyone missing blocks on purpose should be buried on the bench. It isnt a players choice who they want to play for.
Oh, but it is. New transfer rules that are likely to pass this year are the ability to transfer without sitting. So, coaches better do an excellent job of identifying their talent. I love this rule, good for the player and hold coaches accountable—no reason for H.B. to not be taking reps.

JP is safe until Jones is paid off. After that no telling. The payoff money is in the budget and so is his salary, so he gets until when ever that is.

QB play is what got Jones fired and it looks like the same is going to happen to JP. Mostly the same QB too.
JG gonna get two coaches fired, 2 losses to KY as a starter, and part of the worst (and possibly second worst) teams in UT history.

Next year is gonna be his year though!

CPF is also part of the problem right now. He botched this head coaching hire and I have a feeling he did the same with the Lady Vols hire.
Not sure if botched is the word here, but considering the sh__ storm he walked into, there wasn't much of a choice. I don't understand the contract extension at the beginning of a weird season.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Not sure if botched is the word here, but considering the sh__ storm he walked into, there wasn't much of a choice. I don't understand the contract extension at the beginning of a weird season.
I am less and less surprised by Fulmer's choice as time goes by. Fulmer never really evolved as a coach after '98 and that's what cost him his job. He probably still looks at the game the same way, i.e. the field is the same length and width and you still play with 11 players so what worked once must work again if you just get the right guys.

Right now? We’ve been in a bad place for 3 1/4 seasons. How many teams with a winning record has Pruitt beaten? How many games has Pruitt blown? He’s a ****ing loser that needs to be shown the door along with the POS that hired him.
All solid points and I have no disagreement other than I would like to keep Fulmer but at this point I don't care either way. I'm tired of mediocre play from 5* players and stupid decisions from multi-million dollar coaches

Just think about what makes a guy like urban meyer it Nick Saban. They aren’t just great recruiters and great at helping kids become better at their individual positions. They are intelligent. This extends to understanding the importance of the ability position and understanding momentum etc. Pruitt seems to have the former but none of the latter. Us fans were all able to recognize within just 5 or 6 starts that Jg didn’t possess the intangibles necessary to win at this level. Yet Pruitt stubbornly keeps sending him out there

Pruitt is the head of UT football and all mistakes made by his coaching staff are ultimately his responsibility to correct. He can override them at any time. Yet he doesn’t. JG plays because Pruitt allows it. Simple as that.
For me, when our player kicked the UK kid in the nuts was the last straw. No major reaction out of coaches. Toss the kid in the locker room and make him run stairs til he pukes afterwards.

I really don’t want to watch any more. It’s kinda ceased to be fun. If we had a new QB, we could at least have some interest in seeing the kid develop. I’ve seen enough of #2
You and everyone but Pruitt it seems, that probably includes Chaney too. He wanted to retire here, he's going to get fired if we keep seeing this trash every week..

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Maybe Alabama and UGA's QB and Staff trust their receiving corps. It appears JG trusts none of his receivers to make tough catches. He can't throw them open either. We don't know how many plays JG changes or what is called. What I do know is that he doesn't see the field well or read defenses well.
JG is doing the best he can do. It is what it is. No amount of coaching, wishing, or cussing is going to make him a competent SEC QB. The fact that CJP doesn’t see this and puts him in a starting role is crazy. CJP is doing the same thing over and over, with the same very tough but flawed QB, and expecting different results. This is one of the most abnormal relationships, in what is supposed to be a top tier football program, I have witnessed in my 60+ years.

Yeah that's not happening. Barnes has it down. He's built it the right way. Don't compare this **** to a budding well oil machine.

I have faith in Barnes as far as the program, it's just he has some well documented NCAAT......issues and no matter who has been the coach at UT we always seem to not play our best in the postseason. He is recruiting at the highest level I've ever seen here lately so I think we'll have the talent.

Reactions: spyfish007
JG is doing the best he can do. It is what it is. No amount of coaching, wishing, or cussing is going to make him a competent SEC QB. The fact that CJP doesn’t see this and puts him in a starting role is crazy. CJP is doing the same thing over and over, with the same very tough but flawed QB, and expecting different results. This is one of the most abnormal relationships, in what is supposed to be a top tier football program, I have witnessed in my 60+ years.

I agree with your assessment of JG and I think that Pruitt knows his shortcomings too. Pruitt seems to emphasize that "JG gives us our best chance to win." I've not noticed Pruitt saying much about how great a quarterback JG is or his great quarterbacking skills, just the fact that he gives us our best chance to win. From what I've observed, Pruitt is right. There is not another quarterback in the house at this point in time that gives us as good a chance to win as JG. At this point, it is what it is.

VN Store

Back