Mark Wiedmer smells something burning in the kitchen...

What’s mind boggling is how we’ve played since our goal line stand to end the first half vs Ga. We’ve played pretty good football for 2.5
games and crappy football for 1.5 games. I still think the defense overall has played well. They only gave up 20 points today. We should at least be able to score 21. Obviously QB play is what’s killing us.

qb play is exactly what is killing us. We can compete with anyone with a good qb

I think people lose interest after this debacle today. Mediocrity is unacceptable. What we saw today is a staff that acts like we haven't won SEC championships in our history.

Terrible strategy on offense. No difference makers or they don't know how to get them the ball. OL has underperformed.

Barely above average on defense but prone to mistakes. We already know teams are hitting us for slants. Has the staff figured it out?

I am watching the Georgia vs Alabama game and it makes you realize that is big league football. High quality. We look middling and boring.

This team is going to get blown out next week. The good news is it will be a limited crowd so Alabama fans don't take over the stadium.

I don't like saying I can't wait until certain players are gone right now this program is going nowhere fast. I also see a bad tendency from Pruitt and Chaney regarding the QB position.

Its NOT CHANEY.
IT'S JUST PRUITT...

I have watched a lot of football through the years and it looks to me like the offensive unit has quite playing because they don't want JG at the QB position and CJP is to stubborn to make a change. That was obvious today when they kept the ball on the ground for the only touchdown of the day. They quite last week in 2nd half at Ga when JG threw the 2 interceptions.If you watch even the RBs don't block for JG in passing situations. When JG is on the sidelines no one sits with him. He is not liked by his teammates and this offense will not play any better until CJP makes a change.

This is the same type of stuff we were hearing when we lost to Georgia state, then we almost beat bama and went on an 8 game win streak. Remember, this team did beat usce who beat auburn today and killed mizzou who beat LSU. Went toe to toe with #3 Georgia for a half. We have a good team and the potential to win more games this year, just need a spark on offense.

It’s a long season. The jury is still out.

Unbelievable!

I have watched a lot of football through the years and it looks to me like the offensive unit has quite playing because they don't want JG at the QB position and CJP is to stubborn to make a change. That was obvious today when they kept the ball on the ground for the only touchdown of the day. They quite last week in 2nd half at Ga when JG threw the 2 interceptions.If you watch even the RBs don't block for JG in passing situations. When JG is on the sidelines no one sits with him. He is not liked by his teammates and this offense will not play any better until CJP makes a change.

Yeah.
And you don't have to be a coach to see that.
Yet people will continue to blame Chaney and everybody else BUT the main guy.

Reactions: 08Vol

I think you are absolutely right. I noticed as did the announcers, that no one, not one player talked to jg after his mistakes, that is very unusual. If you remember last year, the team played much more inspired football when jg was replaced, and it continued because Maurer was injured and couldn't play. If Jg isn't replaced we may win one more game against Vandy, we just do not score enough with jg as qb

For the first time, I am embarrassed for the fans. We have and waited and waited for someone to bring Tennessee to its rightful place at the top of the SEC. I want CPF, to tear into some people's a$$ and tell Chaney to earn his damn pay. What we see is a coaching staff that have lost the locker room.
CPF is also part of the problem right now. He botched this head coaching hire and I have a feeling he did the same with the Lady Vols hire.

Thought they had great coaches and a good strength coach.Did Brumbaugh forget to coach? Is Martin all in? I saw a video of Smith making a passionate social justice speech. Does he have passion for the Vols?
I think Pruitt's new coaches are not nearly as good as the ones we lost...Think that is a problem.

Reactions: 08Vol
Quite = quit.

Reactions: ButchBettaBeGone
I think people lose interest after this debacle today. Mediocrity is unacceptable.
At my 60+ year old small, family business in downtown Nashville loss of walk in / foot traffic due to the initial COVID shutdowns along with bogged down cash flow from customers in my receivables dept. either slow paying or going out of business and nightmarish logistical issues in shipping and receiving made the decision to opt out of my tickets this year an easy call. I personally have not missed a season where I did not attend at least one game @ Neyland since 1986 when I was 8 years old . I had a customer wanting tickets to today’s game and I was able to buy them @ ALLVOLS so I will most likely keep my streak alive but performances like today coupled with the fact that another pay period went by and all my employees got checks but I did not confirm that I made the right decision with my households finances .

I never see myself getting to the point where I completely check out but every time I see something as offensive as I saw today makes the decision to stay in Nashville on Saturdays in the fall that much easier . It is actually a little but painful to read what I just typed but it is where I am right now and I have a pretty good idea that I am not alone .

VN Store

Back