Mark Richt discusses Tennessee feeling like they got it going on under Josh Heupel

I think Dooley could make a decent AD somewhere (not Tennessee) because of his lawyer and coaching background. Butch could possibly be a recruiting coordinator, provided the HC told him specifically who to recruit. I honestly don't know what Pruitt's ceiling is. I mean, he tried to fight Mark Richt for Heaven's sake. Steve Spurrier would run down UGA at almost any opportunity, but I really don't recall any personal attacks on Richt.
Pruitt’s ceiling is making some cornbread that’s aight.

He was just unlucky. That year UGA played Bama in the SECCG and the game ended on the 5 yard line about 10 years ago, they had a dude open in the endzone the ball just got tipped and another receiver caught it short and time ran out. At a minimum they should've had another play. It was a tough break because they'd have killed Notre Dame in the championship game just like Bama did.
If it wasn’t for us blowing them out in 07 at home I think they beat LSU handily in the sec championship game and destroy Ohio state in the championship. Richt just never had a season where everything fell right for him like Fulmer did in 98

If it wasn’t for us blowing them out in 07 at home I think they beat LSU handily in the sec championship game and destroy Ohio state in the championship. Richt just never had a season where everything fell right for him like Fulmer did in 98
Yeah, they got much better as the season went on that year. As I recall they were as good as anybody at the end of the season. Richt had some headscratching losses but he never had a team quit on him.

Richt is a good guy. One of the real early alarm bells to me on Pruitt was that he was the only guy I ever heard of who didn't get along with Richt.
I liked Pruitt when he got emo for his guys. Seemed like he cared. Now all this.

I agree Josh Heupel has the offense going on, now if we can just get the defense "going on"
Need bodies for that so we will see how he recruits. The roster wasn’t as good as the prior year under “defensive guru” Pruitt yet the major stats were better under Heupel. While our D had its issues, I was pleasantly surprised on the whole.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
I knew they didn't get along. Didn't know that happened.

Worst HC we ever had. Hell Dooley and Butch at least seemed likeable. Pruitt was incompentent plus a a**hole.

Yep. Dooley was kind of a goofy nerd (and I did appreciate some of the attempted references, etc he made in his press conferences) who was out of his depth but seemed generally likeable outside of his coaching performance. Botch was an annoying snake oil vendor. You nailed it...Beldar was an incompetent pr*ck.

Richt has always been a class act. Sadly, Parkinson's has slowed him down considerably over the past few years.

Reactions: CigarDawg
Yep. Dooley was kind of a goofy nerd (and I did appreciate some of the attempted references, etc he made in his press conferences) who was out of his depth but seemed generally likeable outside of his coaching performance. Botch was an annoying snake oil vendor. You nailed it...Beldar was an incompetent pr*ck.

Seriously? Dooley is one of the most disliked persons to ever grace the halls of the UT Athletic Department. Apparently, a first class jerk to everyone he came in contact with.

Reactions: ButchPlz
Seriously? Dooley is one of the most disliked persons to ever grace the halls of the UT Athletic Department. Apparently, a first class jerk to everyone he came in contact with.

Just going on my own perception based upon what little I saw...if he was a jerk, I'll take your word for it.

A class act and uga are a bad mix. Hence why they ran him out of there.

Leaving after 15 seasons (14 of them with winning records) as a highly loved and respected coach is hardly getting "run out of there", though, is it?

Yes, The Great One.
Before every game he would form tackle his players on the sideline until blood was running down his face. Then he was ready.
I remember him well. A great coach and a "man's man".

Incidentally, he looks like a bald Ed Orgeron...

Erk_Russell.jpg

VN Store

Back