maria cornellius officals for tenn vs kent start drinking down

felicia,angelica,eric twitter post . when some teams stop getting better calls women basketball will be fair. sport.
We know the officiating is bad and it was at it worst last night. Also terrible in the Bama game not only for us but for them as well.

Reactions: I4Vols
I think basketball is probably one of the toughest sports to officiate because of the speed of play. With that said I agree that WCBB officials could be better. Mostly I just want them to call the game consistently and call it evenly.

If reffing is your gig and you are good at it you are going to go where the money is and that ain't WCBB.

Never a doubt about who but what it does it mean?
lady vol reporter posted on twitter start drinking now before wildcats game saw it on tenn lady vols or real fan of the lady vols facebook. she list their full names.. officials for game put maria cornellius to post start drinking now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo
lady vol reporter posted on twitter start drinking now before wildcats game saw it on tenn lady vols or real fan of the lady vols facebook. she list their full names..
Who is drinking and why is it important?

I think basketball is probably one of the toughest sports to officiate because of the speed of play. With that said I agree that WCBB officials could be better. Mostly I just want them to call the game consistently and call it evenly.

If reffing is your gig and you are good at it you are going to go where the money is and that ain't WCBB.
Have a friend who was an observer for the Southeast Conference in the past few years. At that time, the officials for the women’s games were being paid $3,000 per game. Their expenses were to come from that. Won’t mention their name because they are well known as a former official and supervisor. IMO officials for both women and men are poor. Actually penalizes both teams when they have to play with officials who are unqualified to officiate at that level.
The SEC Supervisor for Women’s Basketball is Lisa Mattingly. She assigns officials for games in 6-8 different conferences.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Have a friend who was an observer for the Southeast Conference in the past few years. At that time, the officials for the women’s games were being paid $3,000 per game. Their expenses were to come from that. Won’t mention their name because they are well known as a former official and supervisor. IMO officials for both women and men are poor. Actually penalizes both teams when they have to play with officials who are unqualified to officiate at that level.
The SEC Supervisor for Women’s Basketball is Lisa Mattingly. She assigns officials for games in 6-8 different conferences.
Mattingly was a horrible official herself, so what do you think the product on the floor will look like with her in charge? The blind are leading the blind, so there is no imminent solution to this problem.
I’ll never forget the time Glory, while trying to save a possession with the ball headed out of bounds, threw the ball off an opposing player on the baseline in front of the LVs’ bench, and Mattingly T’d her up saying it was thrown too hard. From then on, I had no use for her. I always referred to her as “chomper” because she was constantly chomping on gum.

Last edited:
It will be a breath of fresh air to get away from sec officiating in the ncaa tournament. I watched some other wcbb tournament games this weekend. Theirs was so much better than sec. All you ask from officials is to call the game same for both sides. Don't care if they call it tight or let them play rough. Just call it the same both ways. That doesn't happen in the sec.

Mattingly was a horrible official herself, so what do you think the product on the floor will look like with her in charge? The blind are leading the blind, so there is no imminent solution to this problem.
I’ll never forget the time Glory, while trying to save a possession with the ball headed out of bounds, threw the ball off an opposing player on the baseline in front of the LVs’ bench, and Mattingly T’d her up saying it was thrown too hard. From then on, I had no use for her. I always referred to her as “chomper” because she was constantly chomping on gum.
…thought of the cartoon dinosaur 🦖

The only way officiating gets better is to make it even more transparent and professional. Grade the officials. Make the grading public on a game by game basis. At the end of the season bonus your best 10%, put your bottom ten percent on a program to improve the deficiencies you've found in their performance. There's no 3rd chances if you put back to back bottom ten percent performances as then you are out, seek employment elsewhere.

I remember that call. Mattingly shut her eyes. She shut her eyes, flinched, then called the T on Glory. Been disgusted with her ever since. Was bummed she was nominated for the women's basketball hall of fame. Hope it never happens.

VN Store

Back