Marc Weekly added to softball staff as volunteer assistant

Yep.

When India Chiles vacated the volunteer assistant position to pursue other business ventures, Weekly jumped at the chance to be a part of his dad’s staff again.
Former TKA softball coach Marc Weekly re-joins Tennessee softball staff

Was India told that there wouldn’t be any chance of a paid position in the future, prompting her to “pursue other business ventures” so that they could get Marc on deck to replace Ralph? My guess is that this has been the Weeklys’ plan for years, and that Marc can afford to be a volunteer assistant for a short time because he knows his dad is about to retire and he’ll then be paid.

Reactions: sccshortstop
I had posted this earlier and never got any response. Does this mean India is history?

India’s home and business are in Nashville. She was commuting here for games and some practices at the expense of a prime part of the camp season for her business. She was always planning on it being a two-year tenure before going back to Slapper Nation full time.

India’s home and business are in Nashville. She was commuting here for games and some practices at the expense of a prime part of the camp season for her business. She was always planning on it being a two-year tenure before going back to Slapper Nation full time.
Thanks DP! I guess many of us did not know this and I am glad she made the most of her time while with us. I remember MW when he was here before but not to the extent of his areas of expertise which I am sure there are many. I am aware of his time and teams the last few years and really think he will help us again. Just curious why his becoming our head coach some day has a zero chance of happening?

Deer Park, tell us how you really feel.....

Why is their son never to be head coach....Never...Never....Never!

The Weekly name is big medicine in WCSB....Many of assume Karen will be head coach when Ralph steps down.....

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

The Weekly name is big medicine in WCSB....Many of assume Karen will be head coach when Ralph steps down.....

They haven’t been relevant in awhile. It’s been 5 years since they last made a World Series! If there’s a change at the top there are so many more qualified candidates to look at first!

There is zero and I mean zero chance that Marc is ever the head coach at Tennessee.

Do you not think Marc will move into one of the full-time paid positions once one of those becomes open when Ralph retires? That's what I'm saying -- that he'll step into a paid position, not that he'll automatically become co-head coach with his mother.

Do you not think Marc will move into one of the full-time paid positions once one of those becomes open when Ralph retires? That's what I'm saying -- that he'll step into a paid position, not that he'll automatically become co-head coach with his mother.
I know no more than the next guy but I think when Ralph goes Karen goes as well. JMHO as always!

The man ventured out on his own and made a name for himself. I don't know if he's SEC Head Coach material, but I do like the fact that he's made his own way. Not saying the Weekly name didn't help though.

The man ventured out on his own and made a name for himself. I don't know if he's SEC Head Coach material, but I do like the fact that he's made his own way. Not saying the Weekly name didn't help though.
I could not agree more. This volunteer assistant job pays very little but in this instance as was in the past when he was there is much easier for the parents to help out if needed. This NCAA crap for softball and baseball coaches is about as stupid as NC and others skating on the cheating charges!

No, I do not.

I believe she will, and I believe she already knows what her staff will look like.

No personal feelings, I think Marc is fine. But this is not any sort of step towards a situation where he would be a college head coach, certianly not in the SEC. It just isn’t.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Was India told that there wouldn’t be any chance of a paid position in the future, prompting her to “pursue other business ventures” so that they could get Marc on deck to replace Ralph? My guess is that this has been the Weeklys’ plan for years, and that Marc can afford to be a volunteer assistant for a short time because he knows his dad is about to retire and he’ll then be paid.

If the NCAA rule change had been passed, it might have been different, but doing her traveling camps is a pretty good living for India. I don't think she was ready to give that up, even if the volunteer had been converted to paid.

Marc left the volunteer job back in 2013 to get things rolling at TKA and he was really successful. Looking forward to seeing him back around.

Reactions: kregman

VN Store

Back