Many thanks to Peyton Manning!

Thanks Peyton. Well deserved. I still have the picture you came and took with me while I was in the 5th grade at Bell Morris elementary school. I looked up to you then and do now.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Ass because of why? Because Your hero worship has some taint on it? It is well known that Manning backed the Schiano hire, I am not going to do your research for you so look it up yourself. Peyton is looking for an Elway type position in the NFL, so, who is the one that can give that to him? (Think Pilot) some of you guys are so naive it is really pathetic.

There is no credible evidence to support that. Just random speculation on a message board.

Congrats, Peyton! My hero and favorite Vol of all time!

Now ... be a good Vol and stay above (and out of) the fray on these coaching searches. Just be supportive of the coach we hire, whoever it is.

Love Peyton as a player, as a Vol/Colt/Bronco. Love the guy as a good man and human being. Hope he stays far away from any type of AD personnel decision at Tennessee...after Currie, Schiano, etc, can only hurt the AD and his reputation. It’s also why I’ve always said I hope he never, ever coaches at Tennessee. Stay above the fray, keep icon status in tact.

Congrats on the college HOF induction Peyton.

Reactions: overseasorange2
I hate all of these brady fanboys! Brady is a crybaby and a cheater, put Peyton on the teams brady had around him over the yrs he'd have as many if not more championships!!! Peytons downfall was spending his prime with the colts

I was extremely disappointed that Peyton allied with that robber baron Rebate Jimmy Haslam. But having said that, he is way more talented than Uggs Boy, who has to be the luckiest player to ever play in the NFL. And yes - the Dolts are a bag of trash who never would have won s*** without him.

Peyton has done a lot for UT, but the fanbase has put him on a pedestal. Not once did he beat Florida. Or win a Nat'l Championship. He has 1 Superbowl that he put the work in on, and 1 that the Defense won the battle. His stats were crap. Brady is a far better pro QB and his championships prove that.
John Adams, STFU.

Peyton has done a lot for UT, but the fanbase has put him on a pedestal. Not once did he beat Florida. Or win a Nat'l Championship. He has 1 Superbowl that he put the work in on, and 1 that the Defense won the battle. His stats were crap. Brady is a far better pro QB and his championships prove that.
Peyton Manning revolutionized the Pro QB position. He put up video game stats...especially when he was written off to Denver by the Colts. Tom Brady has more championships but he had shut down defenses as well with New England for a good chunk of them.
As far as his career at Tennessee...he won us an SEC Championship and his presence at UT lead to a ton of those great players we had coming to play here. BTW...outside of Casey Clausen’s teams...Tennessee never beats Florida. Sad but true.

Reactions: Volinnooga
Dont forget to thank him for being in the Hasslams pocket and helping to cause this cluster that is a coaching search. Lets not leave that out. Also the GOAT NFL QB would be Brady, and the CFB would be Tebow
All I can tell you is if Manning had gotten to use the same spread shotgun offense he used in Indy vs the Fulmer I-Formation power run game...or even Spurrier’s Florida offense while in college...his career stats would’ve been scary higher than where he finished. 2 totally different eras of college football guy.

Ass because of why? Because Your hero worship has some taint on it? It is well known that Manning backed the Schiano hire, I am not going to do your research for you so look it up yourself. Peyton is looking for an Elway type position in the NFL, so, who is the one that can give that to him? (Think Pilot) some of you guys are so naive it is really pathetic.
Manning backed the Schiano hire after the final vetting from Bill Belichick on him. I can say this...if Urban Meyer had been our HC and put Schiano on his staff like he did at Ohio State not a damn thing would have been said by this fan base.

I lost a lot of respect for him when he signed off on the pedo enabler Shiano at the command of his reichsfuehrer, Rebate Jimmy Haslam.

Schiano was not a pedo enabler, he had nothing to do with it. And we’re far enough past the situation that we can admit that wasn’t the reason we didn’t want him hired, that was just a crutch because we didn’t want a .500 Rutgers ex-coach.

In addition to being the best quarterback in Tennessee history, he was also the best quarterback in NCAA and NFL history.

Biased much?

Edit: Just realized someone bumped the thread! From years ago! Lol

As much as I can't stand and despise Brady.. I think he gets the title for best NFL QB.

Last edited:
Peytons Places on ESPN+ (Now on Hulu) is one of the best shows I've ever watched. Highly entertaining.

All I can tell you is if Manning had gotten to use the same spread shotgun offense he used in Indy vs the Fulmer I-Formation power run game...or even Spurrier’s Florida offense while in college...his career stats would’ve been scary higher than where he finished. 2 totally different eras of college football guy.
If , if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. Tebow won 2 nattys and a Heisman. And the eras weren’t that far off guy. Brady has 7 rings in the bigs, Manning is top 5, but not the GOAT.

Defense won both. If you look at the stats, Manning had 1 TD and 5 INT in the first two games in the playoffs. Colts defense was very good and very good at getting turnovers. 3 TD, 7 INT and a couple fumbles, pick 6 was his stat line including a pick and fumble in the SB, luckily Colts had 4 takeaways including the pick six to seal the win.

If , if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas. Tebow won 2 nattys and a Heisman. And the eras weren’t that far off guy. Brady has 7 rings in the bigs, Manning is top 5, but not the GOAT.
Oh so by your logic Matt Lienart is the greatest college QB then. 3 years he won a Heisman, 2 National Championships, and played for a 3rd. In 3 seasons he had more passing yards, TD’s, and QB rating than Tebow in 4 seasons.

Reactions: jarnol32

VN Store

Back