Manning vs. Brady on NFL channel now!

no debate, i hate saying it brady is way better. even eli is better if you count super bowls. peyton needs to get him a serious defense and a good running game. if he wants a chance to get another one.

Reactions: 2 people
no debate, i hate saying it brady is way better. even eli is better if you count super bowls. peyton needs to get him a serious defense and a good running game. if he wants a chance to get another one.

Shut up!

I was hoping to watch Eli beat Brady in SB- Only Manning that ever did beat him. Sorry. Bad post. It's almost comical at this point.

😳😳😳 That's blasphemy....

According to some here...

Yeah, because the QB makes all the draft decisions.

Reactions: 1 person

SB's should count for a lot in a QB's career, don't get me wrong, but I don't think you should compare the players solely based off of them. For example, I don't believe Russel Wilson losing the Super Bowl for the Seahawks should make Brady any better of a QB.

SB's should count for a lot in a QB's career, don't get me wrong, but I don't think you should compare the players solely based off of them. For example, I don't believe Russel Wilson losing the Super Bowl for the Seahawks should make Brady any better of a QB.[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny right there. :eek:lol:

Peyton is the best regular season QB ever.

He is not even top 5 post-season though.

Too many INT's at the worst possible moment.

He is just not clutch in the post-season.

Sadly, it appears all his loses to Florida were a foreshadowing of choke jobs to come.

SB's should count for a lot in a QB's career, don't get me wrong, but I don't think you should compare the players solely based off of them. For example, I don't believe Russel Wilson losing the Super Bowl for the Seahawks should make Brady any better of a QB.[/QUOTE]

Now thats funny right there. :eek:lol:

Alright

Russell Wilson is about 45,000 yards behind Brady for his career. When he has accomplished the things Brady
has, then you can open the debate. Sorry.

I was saying Super Bowls aren't the only thing you should look at when comparing QB's, because the Seahawks lost that game more than Brady won it for the Patriots.

Last edited:
Brady quarterbacked a team who's leading rusher had 412 yards for the season and who's main WR's are Julien Edelman, Brandon LaFell, and Danny Amendola to a championship.

We had this debate on the NFL forum. I would argue that the Patriot roster is the worst roster to ever win a Super Bowl. No joke. In fairness, I don't know about the Jets roster that won Super Bowl III or the Colt roster that won Super Bowl V. But, I would make the argument or worst team to ever win the Super Bowl.

Rob Ninkovich led that team in sacks.

Reactions: 1 person
And the No. 1 game....2006 AFC Championship, and I was there with my son, who is the biggest Peyton Manning fan in the world.

I was in Louisville on an extended business trip, it was 2 days before the game and I looked online for tickets and found 2 for $700, they were delivered
the day before the game and my son drove up from Huntsville and we had the best time ever. I dont know other than UT fans I've ever been so impressed with
a fan base, and the RCA Dome was an unbelievable environment. Everybody in Colts jerseys and they were loud! And since the Pats blew it, my highlight of the
day was the shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's.

Yep

Brady quarterbacked a team who's leading rusher had 412 yards for the season and who's main WR's are Julien Edelman, Brandon LaFell, and Danny Amendola to a championship.

We had this debate on the NFL forum. I would argue that the Patriot roster is the worst roster to ever win a Super Bowl. No joke. In fairness, I don't know about the Jets roster that won Super Bowl III or the Colt roster that won Super Bowl V. But, I would make the argument or worst team to ever win the Super Bowl.

Rob Ninkovich led that team in sacks.

After getting whooped by Miami and KC I was convinced this was the worst Pats team of all time. I'm still in shock. :rock:

I was hoping to watch Eli beat Brady in SB- Only Manning that ever did beat him. Sorry. Bad post. It's almost comical at this point.

Another uninformed comment. Brady beat Manning his first 6 tries through the 2005 playoffs but since then which is the past 10 years they are 5-5 head to head with Manning WINNING both playoff games (the games Manning supposedly always chokes). Those first few Manning years his teams and defenses were an absolute joke, and there is not a better Coach than Belichick. That being said Brady has had a better career than Manning because of the 4 Super Bowls but not as much as people love to gloat about. A lot of stock into Super Bowl wins is what puts him over the edge but if everyone wants to just use that as a measuring stick lets just say Terry Bradshaw was the best QB ever....which is asinine.

And carving up defenses with inferior talent....dont forget that one.

2014 Jeremy Gallon (7th)
2013 Aaron Dobson (2nd)
2013 Josh Boyce (2nd)
2012 Jeremy Ebert (7th)
2010 Taylor Price (3rd)
2009 Brandon Tate (3rd)
2009 Julian Edelman (7th)
2008 Matt Slater (5th)
2006 Chad Jackson (2nd)
2004 P.K. Sam (5th)
2003 Bethel Johnson (2nd)
2002 Deion Branch (2nd)
2002 David Givens (7th)

These are the WR's drafted by the Patriots (round in parentheses) while Brady has been with the franchise. The RB's are an equally impressive list of turds.

I was saying Super Bowls aren't the only thing you should look at when comparing QB's, because the Seahawks lost that game more than Brady won it for the Patriots.

Wrong. Brady won it. In the 4th quarter the Pats were down by 10 and could have folded. But what did Brady do against the #1 defense in the league? Led the offense on 2 60+ yard drives and scored on both of them. Without Brady, the Pats would have been lucky to score at all. The only reason the Seahawks were even in a position to win was a miracle catch a la Tyree/Manningham.

Reactions: 3 people
Another uninformed comment. Brady beat Manning his first 6 tries through the 2005 playoffs but since then which is the past 10 years they are 5-5 head to head with Manning WINNING both playoff games (the games Manning supposedly always chokes). Those first few Manning years his teams and defenses were an absolute joke, and there is not a better Coach than Belichick. That being said Brady has had a better career than Manning because of the 4 Super Bowls but not as much as people love to gloat about. A lot of stock into Super Bowl wins is what puts him over the edge but if everyone wants to just use that as a measuring stick lets just say Terry Bradshaw was the best QB ever....which is asinine.

Hmmm the Belichick argument I see. Is it he that made Brady or the other way around? Let's take a look.

Before Brady came along here is his HC record:
1991- 6-10
1992-7-9
1993-7-9
1994-11-5
1995-5-11
2000-5-11
No divisional titles and 1 winning season.

Since Brady:
12 division titles, no losing seasons, 6 super bowl appearances with 4 wins.

For the life of me I cannot understand something. How can Peyton and his teams be so good in the regular season and yet just because of it being the playoffs become so mediocre?

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back