Manning, Martin, VS Clausen

DWNSTHVOL

If the roles were swiped and Tee and Manning had the team Clausen would they have been so good or would they have been the top QB's at UT. Also would they have there look alikes in the UT museum next to Gibbs Hall or would Clausen be their and have A National Title. I think they had talent, but they had a lot of heart and wanted to win more than these guys. This does care but I believe Lewis and Company cared a little more.

Tee was a good QB but people would not remember him quite so fondly if he hadn't won the national title. Peyton and Tee had MUCH more talent around them than Casey did.

Can you imagine how people would talk about Peyton around here if he had won a national title??

Originally posted by TitanVol@Jul 22, 2004 3:10 PM
Can you imagine how people would talk about Peyton around here if he had won a national title??

It would be akin to idol worship.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Jul 22, 2004 6:15 PM
THINK BIG, REALLY BIG!

They might have changed the name of the town to Peytonville.

Let's put it this way IF all 3 would have been on the same team Peyton #1, Clausen #2 and Tee #3.

Another thing is Peyton would have not developed as well due to Sanders and The talent in comparison is weaker the last 4 years than anytime since the mid 80's.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@Jul 22, 2004 6:17 PM
Let's put it this way IF all 3 would have been on the same team Peyton #1, Clausen #2 and Tee #3.

Another thing is Peyton would have not developed as well due to Sanders and The talent in comparison is weaker the last 4 years than anytime since the mid 80's.

I would agree with that.

I find nothing wrong with naming another street after him. I think that while Peyton had better people around him, he was still the best QB.

Originally posted by rckytop16@Jul 24, 2004 4:05 PM
I find nothing wrong with naming another street after him. I think that while Peyton had better people around him, he was still the best QB.

I don't think anyone will argue that Peyton was the best QB. But I do think he had much better talent arond him than Clausen had his last two years.

I still don't agree with them naming Stadium Drive, Phillip Fulmer Way. Maybe another street, but not that one. I think they should have changed it to: National Champions Drive (or something like that). After all, I have to live here.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Jul 24, 2004 10:42 PM
After all, I have to live here.

That's exactly why they DIDN'T name it National Champions Drive. They do their homework.

:dlol: :dlol: :dlol:

Im not comparing Clausen to Manning but Clausen got a bad rap for other peoples mistakes. He did the best he could for what he had around him!!! It could have been alot better!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Top 5 QB's for UT

1. P. Manning
2. T. Robinson
3. H. Shuler
4. B. Scott
5. D. Warren

He can count to FIVE!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOO

:fworks: :fworks: :baloon: :fworks: :fworks:

VN Store

Back