Maleik Gray and Tyler Byrd status?

Man, two recruits that looked like studs, who can't hardly get on the field. Even for us!
Just shows how important the mental and emotional side is at that level of football. Yes, you’ve gotta be physically able and ready to play....but without the mental smarts and toughness required, you get guys like these who can’t get on the for even what has been arguably the worst program in the SEC.

Just shows how important the mental and emotional side is at that level of football. Yes, you’ve gotta be physically able and ready to play....but without the mental smarts and toughness required, you get guys like these who can’t get on the for even what has been arguably the worst program in the SEC.
After talent, attitude is the most important aspect of winning in every sport. If you don't have the correct attitude, you will not find success in any sport or any other else you try to do.

I keep thinking we have run very few offensive plays the last 2 seasons. Who had a chance to shine?

Maybe he doesn't "show it" on the practice field, but i seem to remember Dobbs being one of those players who "showed it" in games rather than in practice.

I definitely think that's most of the problem for the last two years. Bad line blocking coupled with inconsistent passing accuracy. None of our receivers have good numbers and they seem to have trouble getting separation. Mauer the incoming freshman is said to have to play behind a bad offensive line in HS and hopefully can make things happen.

Mauer will not play this season. JG is a fine QB. It used to be the most popular player on the team was the backup QB, now, it's the backups backup who's never played or practiced in college, hailed as the next coming of Hayzues Manning. No QB, not even Peyton, can play from their back, with guys in their faces before they even get into their drop, blindsided multiple times a quarter, let alone a game. Want proof, check Peyton's rookie NFL season, he wasn't great, or even good. Once the line improved, his excellence shined. JG isn't Peyton, everyone for the love of God quit holding him and every other QB who's here, or coming here, to that unrealistic, incapable and totally unfair standard. Pruitt will play who he thinks is the best for the team and him, his career, his financial future, which is much larger than mine. If he's willing to gamble 3, 4, 5, 8 million dollars on him, he must think he's a good bet. Sorry, rant complete.

As I said last year, I'll say this year. This team goes the way the offensive line goes. With few exceptions, that is a rule in football, I didn't come up with it. It is known.

Reactions: advancedrescue27
Players with physical gifts need to see the field. If players have all the physical gifts but can't play the game correctly, then that shows coaching and player development dysfunction.

VN Store

Back