LV's 2 premier teams, BB-SF, looking bad right now.

OrangeBeachVol

Never thought I would see the softball team be in this position. BB been bad for several years now but was hoping for improvement with new staff. Jury still out on that one. Is it time for the Weekly's to hang it up? Never thought I would say that either but here we are. What say you all. Even though BB lucked one out, very depressing day really. Pitiful displays by both teams.

None of the new players can hit the ball. I bet that is a big surprise to the coaches they were all highly ranked. I see them at bat looking terrible.

Basketball keeps getting worse every game. 1st round exit

Softball is just very bad. This team has been either overrated or horribly coached.

Never thought I would see the softball team be in this position. BB been bad for several years now but was hoping for improvement with new staff. Jury still out on that one. Is it time for the Weekly's to hang it up? Never thought I would say that either but here we are. What say you all. Even though BB lucked one out, very depressing day really. Pitiful displays by both teams.
Actually men's basketball, women's basketball, softball are all depending on freshmen and sophomores as their major players to get it done and win. That is something that usually fails. You do have freshmen that get it early and become major players sometimes that just does not happen often.

Last edited:
Man, It doesn't take long for the "What have you done for me lately" crowd does it? Any coach(s) that have had any success had better NOT have a down season, or this group of piranhas will eat them alive.

Reactions: Voltopia
Looking at the stats from the year so far for the softball team Ashley Rogers hasn't pitched yet for the team. Is she hurt or in the doghouse with
the coaches?

Hurt. She definitely will help when she gets back, if she is 100%, which is unknown. From what I have seen so far, the pitching has been pretty good. Its lack of hitting and poor defense that has been their problem. If that doesn't significantly improve Rogers may not fair any better than current pitchers. Of all the TN sports teams, LV softball has always been my constant. You knew they were going to be good every year. I'm just shocked they are not. Seen all the reasons above but season does not look promising, regardless.

Reactions: Orangefog
Man, It doesn't take long for the "What have you done for me lately" crowd does it? Any coach(s) that have had any success had better NOT have a down season, or this group of piranhas will eat them alive.

Absolutely. I don't even follow Tennessee softball, but when it comes to college sports plenty of people take the first sign of weakness as a sign you should have the horse put down. Even if they'd had significant success over a prolonged period of time -- nothing matters in the present.

Some of us live in the past, some of us live in the present. Why are you considered a bad fan because your disappointed one the teams you support are not currently up to the std's they have been at. I'm not the first to question whether the Weekly's have lost a step or two with today's softball.

VN Store

Back