LV Volleyball

At the end of the day, no matter what the reason, that was a piss poor performance by our team. There is no excuse for letting a team that is practically 0 for their schedule, is down two sets to none, come back and beat you.

I'm a fan...but that sucked plain and simple.

It's always something about fat players or bad coaches. And why don't you think I watched the match? Because I didn't agree with your opinion?
If you did indeed watch, you would have seen what everyone is concerned about. No pride,no fire,no want to. Eve looked like she had just thrown her hands up and said forget it. Never said fire her,never said she is a bad coach. But there is or was a problem last night .

If you did indeed watch, you would have seen what everyone is concerned about. No pride,no fire,no want to. Eve looked like she had just thrown her hands up and said forget it. Never said fire her,never said she is a bad coach. But there is or was a problem last night .
Eve Rackham Watt is not one who gets visibly upset at her players. Not once have I seen her get in a player's face and start screaming at her. It is just not in her nature. Which is a whole lot better than what her predecessor, Rob Patrick, used to do. He would constantly berate and embarrass his players in front of fans and television audiences. I have no doubt that's why our great All-American Kelsey Robinson left the program and transferred to Nebraska. I can assure you that the loss to Missouri hurt Eve and the Lady Vols personally and tremendously. I just hope they can regroup and play well in the NCAA tournament. They simply ran into a very determined Missouri squad which had nothing to lose. Missouri is a young team which has some very talented players even though their record doesn't indicate it. And the officials in the game made some questionable decisions regarding reviewed calls which didn't go our way. I really wonder if the official on the sideline who makes the final decision on reviewable plays is an unbiased SEC official or just a local official put in that position.

Eve Rackham Watt is not one who gets visibly upset at her players. Not once have I seen her get in a player's face and start screaming at her. It is just not in her nature. Which is a whole lot better than what her predecessor, Rob Patrick, used to do. He would constantly berate and embarrass his players in front of fans and television audiences. I have no doubt that's why our great All-American Kelsey Robinson left the program and transferred to Nebraska. I can assure you that the loss to Missouri hurt Eve and the Lady Vols personally and tremendously. I just hope they can regroup and play well in the NCAA tournament. They simply ran into a very determined Missouri squad which had nothing to lose. Missouri is a young team which has some very talented players even though their record doesn't indicate it. And the officials in the game made some questionable decisions regarding reviewed calls which didn't go our way. I really wonder if the official on the sideline who makes the final decision on reviewable plays is an unbiased SEC official or just a local official put in that position.
Well,let's hope there is some screaming in that locker room!!! That was equivalent to Vandy winning Saturday!!! I like Eve, hope she figures it out. Team should be peaking at this time if year.We seem to be going the other direction..

Missouri will be competing for the conference championship in 2 years. That was a young team that adds more talent next year. They are well-coached, and the players possess a high VB IQ.

For us, we have just flattened. We seem to be an easy adjustment for teams we are facing now. Our backline does not read and react well. The players don’t fill gaps and cover space very well and get caught out of position or caught “gawking” a lot. And passing out of serve reception? Don’t count on it.

In the offseason it looked like a lot was invested in our frontline (blocking percentage high, kill percentage high, etc.). Other teams have adjusted with better attack angles, and we haven’t kept up with improving. Our frontline has to be ripping with precision. These other teams always seem to be in the correct defensive gaps to dig us now.

And do we need to bring up service errors? We were at match point in 4th set last night—minutes from bus departure, and Natalie Hayward serves into the net! AYKM?

Missouri will be competing for the conference championship in 2 years. That was a young team that adds more talent next year. They are well-coached, and the players possess a high VB IQ.

For us, we have just flattened. We seem to be an easy adjustment for teams we are facing now. Our backline does not read and react well. The players don’t fill gaps and cover space very well and get caught out of position or caught “gawking” a lot. And passing out of serve reception? Don’t count on it.

In the offseason it looked like a lot was invested in our frontline (blocking percentage high, kill percentage high, etc.). Other teams have adjusted with better attack angles, and we haven’t kept up with improving. Our frontline has to be ripping with precision. These other teams always seem to be in the correct defensive gaps to dig us now.

And do we need to bring up service errors? We were at match point in 4th set last night—minutes from bus departure, and Natalie Hayward serves into the net! AYKM?
Every space we hit it,a Missouri player was there!

Reactions: StrangeVol
I see potential. I have played intramural volleyball in college. First, more passion and leadership from head coach and staff...second, we did not adjust and kept making the same moves and plays that Mizzou solved...three, we should have got 50-50 on those yellow cards. Again, I see positives. We came out and looked good til a couple minutes left in set 3. Work hard and come back stronger! Go Vols!

So it's off to Columbus Ohio to face North Carolina on Friday in the NCAA Volleyball tournament. In the pod with Ohio State and Howard University. Here's the full story: Tennessee Selected to NCAA Tournament - University of Tennessee Athletics

It doesn't seem like a terrible draw, depending of course on how we play. Hopefully, our "funk" will be behind us and we can do some damage. :)

EDIT: Sorry Rickster, apparently we were posting at the same time.

Reactions: MAD and Volfaninfl2
So it's off to Columbus Ohio to face North Carolina on Friday in the NCAA Volleyball tournament. In the pod with Ohio State and Howard University. Here's the full story: Tennessee Selected to NCAA Tournament - University of Tennessee Athletics

It doesn't seem like a terrible draw, depending of course on how we play. Hopefully, our "funk" will be behind us and we can do some damage. :)

EDIT: Sorry Rickster, apparently we were posting at the same time.

I don’t know. ACC is stacked. That MO loss killed the Vols.

Reactions: StrangeVol and MAD
So it's Rackham Watt against the team for which she was an assistant/associate coach before we hired her. The Vols
could badly use a couple of NCAA wins to generate some recruiting momentum. It will take a big effort, and better play over multiple sets than we've seen recently, to beat the Heels.

Reactions: StrangeVol and MAD

VN Store

Back