LV Volleyball

Well, that's our 3rd loss in a row.
After winning the first set, Florida won the next 3.
Outside hitting at a very low percentage for the LV's

Okay...question...is it just me or did the officials screw us to death in the third set? Maybe it's my orange-colored glasses, but it sure looked like we got screwed on two different calls and the ensuing appeals.

Other than that we just aren't playing well of late. Our blocking is not good and we get blocked a ton. Lots of attack and service errors. Running out of gas perhaps?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Okay...question...is it just me or did the officials screw us to death in the third set? Maybe it's my orange-colored glasses, but it sure looked like we got screwed on two different calls and the ensuing appeals.

Other than that we just aren't playing well of late. Our blocking is not good and we get blocked a ton. Lots of attack and service errors. Running out of gas perhaps?
The first appeal went our way. (That was the 4 contacts appeal)
The other appeal was the ball hit the endline. That went to Florida.

We're not putting the ball away from the OH 1 or OH 2 position at a high enough rate....Lily is trying but hit or miss which one shows up and she is not the tallest....ditto with Runnals.....then you look over at UF and well you go There OH 1 and OH 2 are 6'1 and 6'3....so teams with athletes are also just able to go up and over on us

The stupid announcers for volleyball don’t even call the game in stadium. They do if from another location. Just stupid!

Get used to it. About 75% of men’s and women’s basketball games on the ESPN family of networks will be done remotely again this year.

I don't know why I bother. No one wants to talk about volleyball. I just put up the links to spur discussion.

I don't know why I bother. No one wants to talk about volleyball. I just put up the links to spur discussion.
It's a foregone conclusion that the posters on this board are primarily LadyVol basketball fans. They basically ignore the other LadyVol sports which is a shame. As evidence of their allegiance count up the number of basketball threads opposed to the other sports.

Your links got me watching some games, I think the players on the team deserve attention, the games are exciting. If you have time, a heads up about the upcoming games would be good, so people know when there’s a game. Have never been a soccer fan, but I‘ve watched some lately, and am excited about their NCAA run. Pictures and videos and getting to know the players helps interest. Don’t know if you have the time for all of that, but what you’re doing is a good thing. I follow softball, too.

With basketball here, that takes most people’s interest, and it sounded like volleyball hit a slump. Just a few more volleyball games, do they have an SEC Tournament?

Anyway, hope you keep alerting people about the games, you probably get people interested that you don’t know about, whether they post or not. 🙂

GO LADY VOLS!!!

You're doing a great service to all of us that try to follow all Lady Vol sports, especially volleyball. I confess I've been awol of late following Soccer and both basketball teams.

Also, the team seems to have lost its edge recently and I just can't figure out what has changed to trigger these recent losses. Yesterday's MSU loss is easy to explain, MSU is a very good team and they just flat beat us. Hopefully, today's match will have a better outcome!!!

You're doing a great service to all of us that try to follow all Lady Vol sports, especially volleyball. I confess I've been awol of late following Soccer and both basketball teams.

Also, the team seems to have lost its edge recently and I just can't figure out what has changed to trigger these recent losses. Yesterday's MSU loss is easy to explain, MSU is a very good team and they just flat beat us. Hopefully, today's match will have a better outcome!!!

I think the team is fine.....it just all depends on match ups for the lady vols.....The match with State went 5 today we lost but outside of two sets 1 and 4 the scores were once again close. Our passing seems to breaking down at the wrong time.....we got ACED 10 times today

I also think some of our sets are too high, which gives the defenders extra time to position and launch for the block. It's not all the time but it's too often, in my opinion. I also wish we would set the middle more often. A short set to the middle is often effective especially with a quick hitter like Ava.

Reactions: Rickster
I also think some of our sets are too high, which gives the defenders extra time to position and launch for the block. It's not all the time but it's too often, in my opinion. I also wish we would set the middle more often. A short set to the middle is often effective especially with a quick hitter like Ava.

Agreed the offense needs to be faster to help out our shorter hitters but when we can't pass it is what it is

I'll keep saying it...out here in the LV info desert threads like this are my primary source of LV news. Please keep posting: and the soccer folks, golf. tennis, et al. I almost never check the UTAD site, but check here a couple of times a day. I'm too uninformed to comment on most of the 'minor' sports, but I am interested.

I'll keep saying it...out here in the LV info desert threads like this are my primary source of LV news. Please keep posting: and the soccer folks, golf. tennis, et al. I almost never check the UTAD site, but check here a couple of times a day. I'm too uninformed to comment on most of the 'minor' sports, but I am interested.
Being "too uninformed" doesn't stop many from posting here.
Keep posting.

VN Store

Back