LV softballers take first two games vs. Ark

bUTrosbUTrosVOLie

LVs won an 11-1 walk-off on Friday behind Ivy Renfroe's two-hitter. Jessica Spigner with a 3-run homer for the walk-off.
On Saturday, Ellen Renfroe pitches a 3-hit, 8-0, run-rule five inning shutout. Spigner this time with a grand slam in the first inning.
So far in the Arkansas series, lead-off Raven Chavanne is batting 1.000 w/ 2 rbi's and 4 runs scored.
These girls are good. :loco:

Last edited:
Nice to see the girls come out strong instead of playing to level of competition. Rave should be an SEC player of year candidate. What a year she's having! I predict Cat will pitch tomorrow.

Lady Vols sweep series with Arkansas, winning 9-1 on Sunday behind one-hitter by Ivy Renfroe. Raven Chavanne with two hits and three RBIs and Lauren Gibson 2 for 2, three runs scored and a three-run homer. Run-rule 5-inning game. Ivy struck out 8 in 5 innings.

Lady Vols sweep series with Arkansas, winning 9-1 on Sunday behind one-hitter by Ivy Renfroe. Raven Chavanne with two hits and three RBIs and Lauren Gibson 2 for 2, three runs scored and a three-run homer. Run-rule 5-inning game. Ivy struck out 8 in 5 innings.

I'm glad to see Ivy getting back into form at just the right time. Takes pressure off herself and Ellen. We'll need them both at the top of their game for the CWS.

I'm glad to see Ivy getting back into form at just the right time. Takes pressure off herself and Ellen. We'll need them both at the top of their game for the CWS.

Yeah, agree completely. Ivy seems to have more velocity right now than at any time this year. Maybe even more than when she peaked at the end of last year. If they can take 2 of 3 from the Gators down in Florida this weekend I think they win the SEC outright....and #1 seed in the SEC tourney.

Ivy is my favorite of the two.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back