LV game 1 cancelled

Wow very sad. I think it would have been better to begin the season February or March when the vaccine will be more readily available. I don't know how this is going to go down as you almost have to play in a bubble like the NBA to prevent infections. A huge disappointment for me wish Kellie would give us a scrimmage Orange vs White game so we could see the players in action.

Coach Walz is lookin for a game to play!!

Not if Tennessee is trying to make the tournament. With a truncated season, Kellie needs all the winnable games she can get to pad the win-loss record, making this cancellation very unfortunate. Not a problem we've ever had to worry about before, but this is life for Lady Vol basketball now...

Not if Tennessee is trying to make the tournament. With a truncated season, Kellie needs all the winnable games she can get to pad the win-loss record, making this cancellation very unfortunate. Not a problem we've ever had to worry about before, but this is life for Lady Vol basketball now...
thats IF there's even a tournament this szn...... basketball is supposed to be played this week and things are already starting to implode

Reactions: glv98 and Amb3096
So, does that count as a win via forfeit?

I think we can afford to be more understanding under these circumstances. It would be ridiculously unfair for their program and coach to be saddled with a season's worth of forfeit losses when they haven't done anything to deserve that. I know *I* wouldn't want that to be the case for the Lady Vols and Kellie if Fulmer were to decide this week that because the Vols are struggling now that he's just going to cancel basketball for the year.

Yes, see if UL is willing to come to Knoxville this weekend. Might be a loss but I bet Pat would have done it for the experience.

Looks like UL has already scheduled another opponent. On Wednesday they’ll be playing at Southeastern Missouri State.

This is what I'm terrified of and it's unfortunately kind of unavoidable unless they play in bubbles which we see isn't going to happen until the NCAA Tournament... I have my fingers crossed that UK gets to play their opening games this week...

BTW - Louisville has already rescheduled their opener so maybe Tennessee will get another game scheduled pretty quickly as well

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
This is what I'm terrified of and it's unfortunately kind of unavoidable unless they play in bubbles which we see isn't going to happen until the NCAA Tournament... I have my fingers crossed that UK gets to play their opening games this week...

BTW - Louisville has already rescheduled their opener so maybe Tennessee will get another game scheduled pretty quickly as well
Tennessee Tech has had 2 teams cancel on them we could fill in for them:
2020-21 Tennessee Tech Women's Basketball Schedule

Reactions: T.J.

VN Store

Back