LV 2020 Recruiting Thread

I think we are fine in the post. Let's focus on guards and wings for 2020. We got two potential 4 and 5 combo players in 2019 class. One in the 2020 class and two in 2021.

Especially if Lou comes back. We are fine.

Last edited:
Amani Bartlett – 2021 – 6-3 – Forward – CyFair Skyrise Elite 15 Wheatfall – Has the look and the length…Runs well…Gets favorable position inside…Moves without the ball to score…Back to basket game is coming along….Lots of potential. Any news?
She's already committed to us

Welp that sorta sucks... I wonder will they get another Juco post to help out the young guns and KK.

After seeing her initial list of schools, I’m not surprised. Perhaps she felt more comfortable attending a school without such high aspirations? Perhaps, as the posts have developed on this years team and with the posts coming in next year, the need for temp help is not perceived as a need now. I agree with P4L, one more young post next year and concentrate on guards and wings. Barring injuries, it looks like the inside game has been recruited to.

Ok we know our 2019 recruiting class. Lou Brown will be coming back from injury so we gain four while only losing two. That will give us a 12 player roster which I think is ideal.

Reactions: dtnvol
Mack released her top 6 and Tennessee not included.

I don't find this shocking, we have two centers coming in the next class. Plus like others have said, likely Lou Brown back and KK still available. Would rather see us develop the inside talent we will have than add another player to the mix. Every team left on her list is desperate for some size where we are not, I'm sure her mind is on playing time among other things, and she'll get significantly more at the other schools and still have a good experience it looks like.

Last edited:
Both Jordan and Rickea look good.

You are correct they both looked very good. Not sure what her number was but what a rejection on Jordan shot wow ! I just had to give credit to that young girl on that play.

Recruit what you need
not what everyone wants.

They're recruiting bigs right now
and need them.
She is just a sophomore will need a PG that class as Westbrook will be a senior and Massengill a junior. I'm sure she is just one of the point guards we will try to recruit. Someone that far away probably hard to persuade to come south. Of course with her being a teammate of Jackson bet Schaeffer is already on her trail.

Reactions: cutiepie5
To me the best player on the court that game was # 0 in black she can flat out play

EXACTLY! I was just about to say “what about that point guard battle, tho?” between #0 on the black team and #1 on the white team. They were going at it then #0 just flat out took over. She’s a beast. I wonder where she is going to school or what schools are looking at her. Now THAT’S a point guard! Strong, quick, can defend, GREAT first step, good court vision and can hit the outside shot consistently? I saw no flaws in her game. *off to Google her*

You are correct they both looked very good. Not sure what her number was but what a rejection on Jordan shot wow ! I just had to give credit to that young girl on that play.

She was #5. Yeah it was cool to see them go at each other. Jordan’s 6”, Rickea is 6’2” I think respectively. Nice match up. And yes I did see Rickea stuff Jordan, but we won!

Looking at the Tennessee Lady Vol recruits in their Senior Year.

Emily Saunders is averaging 14.7 ppg and 7 rebounds per game through the first nine games her team has played. She is averaging 4 blocks per game and is shooting 60 percent from the field. Team is 7 and 2.
Tamari Key is averaging 12.5 ppg and 8.5 rebounds per game through four games played. She was out a few games for some reason. She is averaging 4 blocks per game and shooting 48 percent from the field. Team is 5 and 7.
Jordan Horston no stats to post her team is 11 and 0 on the season.

Great news for Lady Vol fans Emily Saunders really coming on and developing as a senior. She has 27 points 10 rebounds and 6 assists in her last game and is 24 for 31 from the field in her last two games. We look to have a diamond in the rough with this player.

[B]Dave Morrison[/B]‏ @[B]sddsports[/B] 14h14 hours ago
More
Wyoming East 71, Bluefield 47 B - Jaisah Smith 22, Autumn Spangler 11 WE - Emily Saunders 27 (10 reb, 6 assists, 3 blocks), Jazz Blankenship 16, Sky Davidson 10, Brooke Russell 10 (12 rebounds).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickster
Great news for Lady Vol fans Emily Saunders really coming on and developing as a senior. She has 27 points 10 rebounds and 6 assists in her last game and is 24 for 31 from the field in her last two games. We look to have a diamond in the rough with this player.

[B]Dave Morrison[/B]‏ @[B]sddsports[/B] 14h14 hours ago
More
Wyoming East 71, Bluefield 47 B - Jaisah Smith 22, Autumn Spangler 11 WE - Emily Saunders 27 (10 reb, 6 assists, 3 blocks), Jazz Blankenship 16, Sky Davidson 10, Brooke Russell 10 (12 rebounds).

6 assists is the biggest surprise for me there, I love a big girl who can pass. With the improved outside shooting if we had a post who could really post up, draw a double, then kick we would be in business. We never had consistent enough shooting for Mercedes to do so, she also wasn't a fantastic passer.

VN Store

Back