Lunardi sucks

Texas Tech, LSU, Purdue and K-State all upset early. (Not counting UVA bc they have better resume). Those are "potential 2s" that just had bad loses. No way any of those teams would jump us, no matter what. I believe 2 seed is locked up.

IMO UNC-Duke and UK-UT are play ins for 1 seeds. Losers will be 2s.
I think Houston is the only one who could potentially bump us

Y'all do realize that Joe Lunardi (like the polls) is simply a form of entertainment and prediction, right? The guy has been projecting this crap for over a month now. He's been updating on a near daily basis. The reason for updates regularly is b/c the outdated ones are wrong!

My advice. Enjoy the ride instead of getting invested in something that won't matter by Sunday afternoon.

It’s absolute ******** that Gonzaga would get a one seed over us.

They have only one kenpom top 25 win. They went 1-2 against Duke, UNC, and Tennessee. How can Gonzaga be ahead of any of those teams with their weak ass conference schedule is beyond me. They lost their conference tourney they don’t deserve a 1.

No one currently has 11 Quad 1 wins...If UT beats UK and Auburn/UF and Memphis wins 1 more UT will be 11 and 4 in Quad 1 games with a top 30ish schedule. Big ifs but thats easily a top 3 resume that isnt debateable.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
No one currently has 11 Quad 1 wins...If UT beats UK and Auburn/UF and Memphis wins 1 more UT will be 11 and 4 in Quad 1 games with a top 30ish schedule. Big ifs but thats easily a top 3 resume that isnt debateable.
Michigan State doesn’t have 11?

Unfortunately, could be 3 ACC 1 seeds and Gonzaga. If Kentucky wins SEC tourny, UNC gets bumped. As much as I wish that will be the same if Tennessee wins SEC tournament, I just have feeling we get snubbed because we're not a blue blood.

If we win the SECT, I think we certainly deserve a 1 seed. If we lose tonight, he likely is right. I can see us as a 3 seed. The committee will look at how you played at the end of the season and in the conference tournament. Let's be honest...we've had our moments, but we've really not been on the top of our game for a while now.
we've had our moments, but so have Duke, Gonzaga, and pretty much everyone around us in the rankings. You don't here much about them dropping. We're the only team out of all those who don't have a bad loss. But blue bloods get blue blood treatment. If we beat KY Sat then they will probably be a 1 seed and us a 2. I hope I'm wrong. Go Vols!!

Reactions: CAVPUT
So what changed DURING the game last night?

I noticed during our game he flipped up back ahead of Michigan.

Any reasonable explanation for doing that?

we've had our moments, but so have Duke, Gonzaga, and pretty much everyone around us in the rankings. You don't here much about them dropping. We're the only team out of all those who don't have a bad loss. But blue bloods get blue blood treatment. If we beat KY Sat then they will probably be a 1 seed and us a 2. I hope I'm wrong. Go Vols!!

Exactly right. The media, voters and committee are just looking for a reason to drop us and keep us off the 1 line. There most certainly is bias for and against certain programs. Some teams always seem to get a favorable schedule. Some teams always seem to get favorable calls. Some teams always seem to get players cleared by the NCAA quickly while others seem to be forever waiting. Some programs cheat like hell and get a slap on the wrist, a wink and a nod while others get hammered for jaywalking. It's clear and indisputable.

The only way UT gets a 1 seed....the only way...is to win the SECT. We beat UK and lose the title game, we're a 2 seed. We lose to UK today and we're still a 2 seed IMO. They will not give us a 1 seed unless we give the committee no other choice. We have to win the SECT to get to the 1 line. If we do, this bunch goes into the UT history books. They'll be considered the greatest team in school history....at least in my book. If we fall short, we get more time to rest up and can focus on selection Sunday and getting ready for the dance.

Last edited:
If we win the SECT, I think we certainly deserve a 1 seed. If we lose tonight, he likely is right. I can see us as a 3 seed. The committee will look at how you played at the end of the season and in the conference tournament. Let's be honest...we've had our moments, but we've really not been on the top of our game for a while now.

Congratulations to Joe Lunardi on his best year ever. He ranked #12 out of 195. That now puts him 53rd overall. Maybe after 25 years of doing this he’s finally starting to catch on

VN Store

Back