Luke Fickell (merged)

luke --- needs to stay in the group of 5---easy millions, no pressure.

People forget he was interim Coach for The Ohio State for a whole season.
They went 6-6...
Urban got there, KEPT Fickell as DC and the rest is history as he eventually he went ro Cincy. But he was not ready for that stage.

Maybe he is now, but jmo, he's not Ryan Day. Or even a Tom Herman.

I'm sure the administration will kick the tires on Fickell for sure.

Another name to keep an eye on is Billy Napier at Louisiana Laffayette.

I personally don't think the administration would be willing to dip back into the Cincinnati well again after Butch Jones.

I think they are obviously different coaches but I still think there is a sour taste in the mouths of boosters and UT admin on going through that again.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I personally don't think the administration would be willing to dip back into the Cincinnati well again after Butch Jones.

I think they are obviously different coaches but I still think there is a sour taste in the mouths of boosters and UT admin on going through that again.
Why? Totally different coach and personality. If you remember Dooley’s signature win at UT was over Butch. Butch road Kelly’s coat tails at UC. Fickell had to rebuild the program and almost beat UGA with 2 and 3 stars.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Transplants who take jobs coaching in the South must hire assistants who are adept at recruiting on a local and regional level. A great example today
is Harsin at aweBarn......Mason was only one of several good hires Harsin has made to bolster recruiting which has suffered mightily with the exit
of Gustavo.

After the string of clowns we've hired Fickell would be an immense upgrade. He's not my first choice but we could, and have, done a lot worse.
except for the fact that his name would change a soon as he doesn´t win.
Coach ¨Fecal¨ :rolleyes:

Florida beat Georgia and played in Atlanta, we lost to UGA and UF by a combined 60 points last season. On what planet is that “almost as good”??
You can’t judge off a record of two different caliber teams. Jones lit it up in Cincinnati to but does that mean he would’ve had better record this year than we did, or even a better record than fickle did at Cincinnati? No one knows that’s to hypothetical to way into who’s a better coach

What if I told you that there is a certain coach who has won championships at the college and pro levels and rumor is he may be wanting to get back into coaching? I haven’t seen him mentioned here, but his name is Jimmy Johnson.

What if I told you that there is a certain coach who has won championships at the college and pro levels and rumor is he may be wanting to get back into coaching? I haven’t seen him mentioned here, but his name is Jimmy Johnson.
1610228870795.gif

I'd call Matt Campbell and offer 5yr/ 30 mil. If he said no I'd call again w/ 6 yr 48 mil. Still a no, I'd call Tom Herman and for those that say no, look at his record vs Charlie Strongs, he had that program trending in the right direction. If no, I'd talk to Malzahn, then Hugh Freeze, then Chadwell, Fickle, and Napier. If noone accepts the job , keep Pruitt and try again next year.

VN Store

Back