10/1 at Miss State
10/8 at Vanderbilt
10/15 Florida
10/22 Auburn
11/5 Appalachian State
11/12 at Alabama
11/19 at Ole Miss
11/26 Arkansas

Everyone is all complaining about the difficulty of our schedule early in the year, but look at this. They have north texas who isnt a push over at anymeans. they have Arizona state who is going to give them just a plain war with the offense they have, then they have Tennessee. WHy cant they start off 1-2. college football news said they will proably start off 1-2.

Away games at Mississippi State, Vandy, Alabama, and Ole Miss...good lord, what I'd give for that road schedule!!!

What Surreal said is true....they have a cream puff of a road schedule except for the Bama game.....North Texas is going to be an easy game for them....They will come out of the first 3 games 2-1 with the one loss being to us...Hopefully....If not we will get revenge in Atlanta....LSU has a cream puff road schedule though....I wish we had that road schedule

I'm guessing that the boys from Boone are in for a world of hurtin'...

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Aug 8, 2005 8:32 PM
I'm guessing that the boys from Boone are in for a world of hurtin'...
[snapback]124107[/snapback]​

Gonna be hurtin for certain......Course everyone said that about Troy State last year and LSU beat them 23-22....You never know.

Arizona State will have a tough time. Their first string RB is being charged for Murder and their second string is having reconstructive knee surgery. Their third string is only 5'11" and 175 pounds... He'd better be able to take a beating, or else ASU will have no viable running attack. The passing should be okay, though. Sam Keller, who stepped in for Andrew Walter last season, is looking pretty good. He also has a superb OL in front of him, and possibly the best receiver in the nation to throw to.

ASU's offense returns about half their players, but their defense was very mediocre last season. They did see a little success in stopping the run, which gives them hope as LSU should be a very run-oriented team. But don't be suprised to see Broussard make mincemeat of the ASU defense.

All in all, if ASU's pass game has success, then it will be a close one, although they will probably have to put up 40+ to win the game and hope for some luck on defense.

You guys act like seath valley is such a dominating place. You guys act like these players are actually affected by the fans. i really doubt that is the case anymore. OSU marched right into death valley and almost beat lsu last year(missed xp killed them), we have marched into the swamp and beaten florida two straight times, home field advantage is no longer in college football. I think the only sport it matters now is college basketball.

Hey guys I'm new here. I've been reading posts for a while now, but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I've been a Vols fan since before I could walk because my dad bleeds orange and white and so I did too. But I went to LSU and well I began to bleed other colors. But as for the post and the "cream puff" schedule as I see it's been called well..... I see these things. #3 UT, #11 Fla, #15 Aub. #18 Ariz. st., #24 Alabama(coaches poll), and I'm like wheres the "cream puff" factor come in to play. Granted 4 of those 5 do come at home, but when almost half of your games are ranked opponents regardless of at home or not the word that comes to mind is not "cream puff", because these teams at home or not is no cake walk. One thing I have always admired about UT is year in and year out they have some of the best non conference games, but as we all know in the SEC is that week in and week out your team is going to get beat up on the field, but 5 ranked opponents Conference or non confernce and at home or not is a tough schedule...USC has 2 preseason ranked teams on their schedule.. I mean come on.
I went to the last UT/LSU game at LSU(2 OT game), and I think this game will have the same excitement, and I hope UT brings as many fans as they did last time, that was great. We are all excited to have all of youll down here and if any of you have been down here you know, as long as you can take an occasional "Tiger bait" you will have a great time too.[attachmentid=2999]

Attachments

• top6sched.jpg
    top6sched.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 4
Welcome Cajun Tiger.

But hmm...looking at USC's schedule, I see 2 top 25 teams on there, and thats about it. And you say the pac-10 is better than the SEC milo. Ha. Look at LSU's schedule for a real one. ;-)

I dont think milo ever aid the pac 10 was better. Maybe offensivly, yes he may have said that, but i dont think he ever said it was a better overall conference.

He said top to bottom they were. Id take USC's schedule over LSU's in a heart beat. Few, if any gimmies on LSU's.

Originally posted by GatorVille@Aug 8, 2005 10:49 PM
He said top to bottom they were.  Id take USC's schedule over LSU's in a heart beat. Few, if any gimmies on LSU's.
[snapback]124297[/snapback]​

:disappointed:

I've never, and will not any time soon make the claim that the Pac-10, or any conference is out-right better than the SEC. When I said top to bottom, I meant that the SEC is loaded at the top but weak at the bottom. While the SEC does have 3 or 4 teams that could go 6-2 or better in the Pac, there are also 3 or 4 teams that would go 2-6 or worse in the Pac.

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 9, 2005 12:09 AM
All in all, if ASU's pass game has success, then it will be a close one, although they will probably have to put up 40+ to win the game and hope for some luck on defense.
[snapback]124249[/snapback]​

Is App. St. really supposed to be THAT good this year?!?! :D (I know Milo, you were talking about Arizona St.)

IMO there is NO excuse for an SEC team to be playing a IAA opponent, PERIOD.

I think it's alright if they're trying to help generate some funds for the smaller D-IAA schools, from time to time. Or if D-IAA schools are the appropriate level of competition (Vandy, Kentucky, MSU).

Originally posted by milohimself@Aug 9, 2005 8:08 AM
...Or if D-IAA schools are the appropriate level of competition (Vandy, Kentucky, MSU).
[snapback]124316[/snapback]​

Hehe... I didn't think about that. But I still think the Auburns and LSUs shouldn't be playing IAA teams. Auburn has two this year. Ball St. and WKU. If they want to generate revenue for a team, then play Troy or UAB. I mean what are the Vols going to do, schedule the Mocs or Golden Eagles???? (If you don't know who these teams are, then you get my point... and even if you do, you still get my point) :D

Or if it's an in-state thing with a strong 2A team, like UGA and GA Southern.

I grew up outside of Statesboro, have roots there, and know (a) the level of football excitement that game generates in South GA and (B ) the strength that GA So. brings to the table for a 2A team. Just look at their last meeting and how Southern kept it pretty close for 2 or 3 quarters.

There are times when it is appropriate, but LSU and Appy is not one of them.

I'd love to see Ga Southern get a few more shots at 1A opponents. They definitely are not your typical 1AA team. That Flexbone offense that they've been running sinc Erk Russell is just awesome to watch when it gets rolling (which is almost always). They would give most mid-majors absolute fits.

Originally posted by vols2345@Aug 9, 2005 1:23 PM
Didn't they get their shot last year at Georgia?
[snapback]124440[/snapback]​

yea they almost beat georgia last year I wish they would of beat them

Why? Then it would have taken some of the glory away from our win over georgia.

It was closer than UGA wanted, but it never was in much doubt. It was 48-28.

Still pretty impressive to see a 1AA team put up that many yards and that many points against a top 10 team.

Well, You better bet I'm impressed by Auburn scheduling Ball State. That's just sad. Why not at least TROY? Geez, have some balls.

VN Store

Back