LSU in bigger trouble than we thought? Huge IF true

LSU's men's basketball program is about to be flushed down the toilet and it will take a decade or more to recover. The NCAA will show no mercy to LSU because they aren't a blueblood men's basketball program.

Reactions: vols40
I have a hard time believing that source. But, hypothetically, if it were true then who would the SEC get to replace LSU after the death penalty came?

It's hard to know what to believe from some blogger. But those are some weirdly specific details.
Remember the whole "The Plains are Burning" write-up somebody made after the whole Cam fiasco? Said Cam was just the tip of the iceberg and had weirdly specific details as well? That either was BS, or it was true but nothing came of it anyway. I'm sure the same thing will happen here.

Reactions: matt1107 and 99grad
If anyone with this LSU foundation is listening: I know all of your secrets and it will take a substantial sum of properly laundered cash to silence me. Please send someone to the Sango Wal-Mart parking lot in Clarksville, TN and we will talk.

It is being reported that OLOL Foundation was funneling money to LSU athletics. Now, where that money was ever accounted for on LSU AD books as a donation will be pretty easy to determine. If it wasnt, they're all probably dead in Baton Rouge. President, AD, FB coach, etc.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
It's hard to know what to believe from some blogger. But those are some weirdly specific details.
THIS, was my thoughts. Normally I roll my eyes at players being paid, new houses, etc. but this is specific, and I always find truth in the details, so I’m at least paying attention.

In places where football is king this stuff happens it’s just a matter of filter you run it through

Even if this is true, don't think for one second the SEC office is going to let one of their historic programs get wiped out. There have been times before when the same things were written about Bama and Auburn, and over time, whattayaknow, things disappear never to be seen again. LSU might get hit hard, but they'll never face the kind of punishment this guy's ranting about in a million years.

THIS, was my thoughts. Normally I roll my eyes at players being paid, new houses, etc. but this is specific, and I always find truth in the details, so I’m at least paying attention.
The details are either BS, or they're true but nothing will come of it.

This is "pile on" stuff that is trying to piggyback on the initial story. It happens all the time with stories like this and never materializes into anything.

Remember the whole "The Plains are Burning" write-up somebody made after the whole Cam fiasco? Said Cam was just the tip of the iceberg and had weirdly specific details as well? That either was BS, or it was true but nothing came of it anyway. I'm sure the same thing will happen here.

That's very true. The only difference was that the details from ATBP all surrounded known information about Newton and his family (Cecil Newton's church, etc).

To rope in a charitable organization at a local hospital that has only an indirect connection to LSU, and absolutely no connection to any coach or player, is a rather large leap.

That's very true. The only difference was that the details from ATBP all surrounded known information about Newton and his family (Cecil Newton's church, etc).

To rope in a charitable organization at a local hospital that has only an indirect connection to LSU, and absolutely no connection to any coach or player, is a rather large leap.
That's true, but it also had details not related to Cam or his family. Remember all that stuff about Bobby Lowder, the YellaWood guy, another booster that owned dog tracks where Auburn players/recruits would go and pick up money? Now all of those guys had obvious connections to Auburn, especially Lowder, who was on the BoT at one point. Is anybody connected to LSU on the OLOL Foundation board or something?

This article here makes reference to months-long rumors regarding this Foundation and LSU athletics. First I've heard of it though.

News alert: Funes allegedly embezzled $810,000 from OLOL Foundation - Baton Rouge Business Report

That's true, but it also had details not related to Cam or his family. Remember all that stuff about Bobby Lowder, the YellaWood guy, another booster that owned dog tracks where Auburn players/recruits would go and pick up money? Now all of those guys had obvious connections to Auburn, especially Lowder, who was on the BoT at one point. Is anybody connected to LSU on the OLOL Foundation board or something?

You're right, there. But Jimmy Raines, Bobby Lower, and and the dog track guy (whose name escapes me) were all mixed up in various scandals before Newton came along. So tacking them on to that story was basically building on previous stuff.

This LSU mess seems to have come mostly out of nowhere. Although it could easily be that it's coincidental timing with the Wade/Smart issue.

Reactions: 05_never_again
HOW THE HELL IS SMART CLEARED TO PLAY IN TOURNEY?
Javonte Smart was cleared to play; Will Wade is still suspended. Here’s why.

I understand the reasoning by the letter of the law, but the spirit. They're saying Smart was not mentioned on the wiretap as making an offer. That's true. But his coach was talking about making him an offer, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that he might be getting paid. If he's been getting paid, he's ineligible, and they'll eventually have to vacate all wins he appeared in.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Javonte Smart was cleared to play; Will Wade is still suspended. Here’s why.

I understand the reasoning by the letter of the law, but the spirit. They're saying Smart was not mentioned on the wiretap as making an offer. That's true. But his coach was talking about making him an offer, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that he might be getting paid. If he's been getting paid, he's ineligible, and they'll eventually have to vacate all wins he appeared in.

If you're going to vacate everything anyway, why not just try and win as much as possible? You can't vacate people's memories.

Reactions: Adam2014

VN Store

Back