LSU hires Jay Johnson from Arizona.

I'm intrigued by the Johnson hire because while he's known as a great recruiter and has CWS experience, he doesn't have SEC ties or experience. The SEC is so much different that the programs in the West. There will be a big adjustment for him. I can't help but think of our own experience with Coach Serrano and why he wasn't successful here.

We'll see what happens. Johnson will have no shortage of resources available to him and a talented roster to work with from the get go.

Now our AD needs to pretend that this hasn’t happened yet. Pay the man and give him anything and everything he wants. Don’t take advantage of his kindnesses by low-balling him
The deal has already been agreed to in principal. Ball park construction plans to be finalized then an announcement.

He ain’t going all the way out there to never be seen on television, farther from his folks, no experience out there, there is no way.
They couldn't even sell out their regional or super regionals...their Twitter baseball acct gets far fewer likes than UTs..pretty sad for a blue blood of baseball

Reactions: StarRaider
They couldn't even sell out their regional or super regionals...their Twitter baseball acct gets far fewer likes than UTs..pretty sad for a blue blood of baseball

They have to fix the tv deal, I would watch those games but it’s easier to watch baseball in Alaska than Cali, I know because I watched Matsu last night.

To me this was the splash hire but I think Godwin might have ultimately been the better one...he was at LSU as hitting coach for 2 years...has recruited the area and has had success at a school that doesn't have the resources of LSU...time will tell though but its gonna be harder now that more SEC schools are investing in their programs

TigerMan, I lived in Louisiana for three years, and you remind me of my friends there. I loved the people of Louisiana - we felt welcome from the day we moved there. Some of my buddies from my time there are diehard LSU fans, and tailgating with them was epic!
I do like the Cajuns. They hate Bama, I hate Bama. Now that they aren’t going to take our coach we can all be friends until next season

I think Godwin would have been the better hire. Makes me think he preferred to stay at his alma mater. Still, Jay Johnson isn't a bad "settle" hire.

To me this was the splash hire but I think Godwin might have ultimately been the better one...he was at LSU as hitting coach for 2 years...has recruited the area and has had success at a school that doesn't have the resources of LSU...time will tell though but its gonna be harder now that more SEC schools are investing in their programs
I live in Charlotte, NC now..and have a few ECU friends now...I’ve been told that Godwin is a lifer at ECU. Take it for what it’s worth

Reactions: TN_gal and VolnJC
Thinking in terms of moves-ahead...AZ now goes and hires a top name somewhere....THAT program could be attractive to someone dear to us...

I just wish LSU had hired ECU's Godwin and then all would be right with the coaching world.

Reactions: VolnJC
He ain’t going all the way out there to never be seen on television, farther from his folks, no experience out there, there is no way.
Leave K town and the Smokies for the Arizona desert!!!!! 116 in the shade!!! Ain't gonna happen

Reactions: TN_gal

VN Store

Back