LSU hires Jay Johnson from Arizona.

Thinking in terms of moves-ahead...AZ now goes and hires a top name somewhere....THAT program could be attractive to someone dear to us...

I just wish LSU had hired ECU's Godwin and then all would be right with the coaching world.

I really don’t think CV is interested in any other job. Many of the names I’ve seen floating around for Arizona’s head coach replacement come from West Coast schools.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I live in Charlotte, NC now..and have a few ECU friends now...I’ve been told that Godwin is a lifer at ECU. Take it for what it’s worth

I went to St. Andrews Presbyterian College for a couple of semesters in 1987 and drove past Charlotte to get to Laurinburg.

A friend of mine who is an AZ alum told me that some AZ fans feel betrayed by, and pissed at ,Johnson. He apparently interviewed via Zoom with Woodward right after the Wildcats won their Super Regional. I understand why they’d feel that way. Hindsight being 20 /20, they are wondering if this affected the Wildcats play in the CWS or if Johnson tried to throw games.

I know a lot has been made of CV’s valuing loyalty. I appreciate that his focus was on his team in the postseason.

A friend of mine who is an AZ alum told me that some AZ fans feel betrayed by, and pissed at ,Johnson. He apparently interviewed via Zoom with Woodward right after the Wildcats won their Super Regional. I understand why they’d feel that way. Hindsight being 20 /20, they are wondering if this affected the Wildcats play in the CWS or if Johnson tried to throw games.

I know a lot has been made of CV’s valuing loyalty. I appreciate that his focus was on his team in the postseason.

I would assume 100% of the time that high level coach would not do something like that and completely disrespect the game, his university and the kids he recruited/taught/coached. If that’s true, he’s a loser and someone I wouldn’t wish kids to be around. I really hope that’s not true. If so, that’s alarming.

I would assume 100% of the time that high level coach would not do something like that and completely disrespect the game, his university and the kids he recruited/taught/coached. If that’s true, he’s a loser and someone I wouldn’t wish kids to be around. I really hope that’s not true. If so, that’s alarming.

I also hope that’s not true, though I can understand why they may be questioning things.

Reactions: Volunteer08
they are wondering if this affected the Wildcats play in the CWS or if Johnson tried to throw games.

It shouldn't have affected their play unless he told them about the interview. And it would never benefit him to throw games. If he wins the NC, his value goes up and up. He wasn't playing LSU in the CWS, so.....

VN Store

Back