LSU Head Coach Will Wade Suspended Indefinitely

It’s a little different when the FBI is involved. I have heard national guys even say that this will be very difficult for Wade to overcome.

The FBI has no jurisdiction over NCAA policy.... the ncaa has proven time and time again to back down and give very marginal penalties when a team pushes and fights back no matter what evidence they may have against you.

Reactions: 99grad
They’ve just been talking about this on Sports Center and it looks really bad for LSU and for Smart as well. I bet he doesn’t play today when they play Vandy and no telling what will happen in that game. Go Vols! Sure glad we have our SUPER Coach Barnes. I’ll take him every day over that cheater Wade.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I didn't know until I just looked at his bio that he went to Franklin Road Academy. Nice to see they're turning out such fine, upstanding people over there.
My son graduated from FRA around the same time. I hope you will be respectful in your comments. Don’t appreciate the directive.

What’s odd is that he’s not charged w anything. If the FBI had anything on him legally, wouldn’t he have been charged? He’s toast w the NCAA and LSU anyway, so I can’t imagine why he’d be advised by his counsel not to cooperate
No point in incriminating himself for later on down the road.

The FBI has no jurisdiction over NCAA policy.... the ncaa has proven time and time again to back down and give very marginal penalties when a team pushes and fights back no matter what evidence they may have against you.

Don’t care about the NCAA. The school has real reason to be concerned when it’s coach is on wiretap in an FBI investigation. It’s also especially concerning when he most likely deceived his superiors. It will be very difficult for Wade to be trusted and do his job, regardless of the NCAA.

Don’t care about the NCAA. The school has real reason to be concerned when it’s coach is on wiretap in an FBI investigation. It’s also especially concerning when he most likely deceived his superiors. It will be very difficult for Wade to be trusted and do his job, regardless of the NCAA.

The FBI is not after the coach though.... Do you honestly believe that LSU’s administration doesn’t know that this goes on in high end college athletics.... They hired Orgeron for goodness sakes.... Do you really believe that they believe he is 100% clean?

The FBI is not after the coach though.... Do you honestly believe that LSU’s administration doesn’t know that this goes on in high end college athletics.... They hired Orgeron for goodness sakes.... Do you really believe that they believe he is 100% clean?

Don’t get caught talking on a wiretap to a guy who just got convicted. You think Calipari will be caught on a wiretap?

Bottom line is he can’t be trusted anymore. He can’t do his job anymore. It’s not difficult.

Smart being held out tonight by LSU according to Jeff Goodman.
Unfortunately, they could beat Vandy if they held out the entire starting 5. I hope they go in overconfident and distracted and catch an L in what would have to be the biggest SEC upset in a decade, or more.

Reactions: alavolfan
Unfortunately, they could beat Vandy if they held out the entire starting 5. I hope they go in overconfident and distracted and catch an L in what would have to be the biggest SEC upset in a decade, or more.
yeah, hard to imagine them losing.

It may be a game late and a dollar short, but it's good to see they are doing the ethical/smart thing in that situation.

From experience, we know how this works.
Step 1: We have no comment, but are looking into and have full commitment to a full investigation (done)
Step 2: Coach suspended indefinitely, pending investigation (done)
Step 3: Social media outrage (done)
Step 4: Admin realizes any player who's swept up in ordeal cannot stay on the team, and is also suspended (next) (Done)
Step 5: Admin realizes it's fruitless and suicide to drag out the process and fires coach and kicks player off team, and announces self imposed penalties
Step 6: NCAA...we appreciate the gesture, but moving forward with full 2 year black cloud investigation and taking away any wins, thereby crowning UT regular season champs after Aub win!
Step 7: Admin is appalled and appeals decision
Step 8: NCAA threatens full all-sports investigation, including football
Step 9: Admin: OK, we'll take the basketball penalties
Step 4 Done...that was inevitable

And I'm supposed to believe a dirty guy like this wasn't paying off refs all year too.

Reactions: VOLED
This scandal hits one day sooner, and it would matter. Not sure it will matter now.

Interesting that now LSU has got the regular season wraped up assuming they beat Vandy, that they announced after our loss to Auburn they will sit Smart. This is no coincidence if I read this correctly.

VN Store

Back