LSU Head Coach Will Wade Suspended Indefinitely

Tough to deny when you are taped by the FBI. Says volumes when Wade refused to meet with the LSU Admin.

You can always deny unless they see the money changing hands.... it’s been proven time and time again.... the ones typically punished harshly are the ones cooperating with the NCAA.... if you fight back it’s usually not that bad and you move on.

You can always deny unless they see the money changing hands.... it’s been proven time and time again.... the ones typically punished harshly are the ones cooperating with the NCAA.... if you fight back it’s usually not that bad and you move on.
At least that punk wont be coaching LSU anymore. Will Wade no showing the meeting with LSU officials gave them cause to fire him.

Little bit different here. Just as in the Lance Armstrong case, these guys will be put under oath. Different matter lying to the media verses federal investigators. However, we are in a new and different world than than the one I grew up in. We shall see.

LSU officials Im sure are scrambling to see if there is any kind of money trail to the Smart family ..are they driving a new car ?? checking deposits made if any for them at banks ( surely not that stupid to do that ) ... what they purchased ..was cash paiind ?? etc etc etc ..what has been purchased in the last couple years etc .. talking to the Mom and the player .... if they feel that there is anything out of the ordinary or not ... proven or not ... they better side witht he safe bet and suspend the kid till further investigation ...

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I'm just hoping all the main cheaters go down in all this. Who would that likely be? LSU, Louisville, Arizona (State?), NC State, Fla St, NC, Duke?, UK?, Memphis?, Vandy?, Auburn?

One thing Tennessee can hang thier hat on. We ain't paying nobody! When your top recruit on the entire roster was rated the #103 player in the nation, then ain't nobody payin'. Barnes is a genius. 😆

What about Javonte Smart?
From experience, we know how this works.
Step 1: We have no comment, but are looking into and have full commitment to a full investigation (done)
Step 2: Coach suspended indefinitely, pending investigation (done)
Step 3: Social media outrage (done)
Step 4: Admin realizes any player who's swept up in ordeal cannot stay on the team, and is also suspended (next)
Step 5: Admin realizes it's fruitless and suicide to drag out the process and fires coach and kicks player off team, and announces self imposed penalties
Step 6: NCAA...we appreciate the gesture, but moving forward with full 2 year black cloud investigation and taking away any wins, thereby crowning UT regular season champs after Aub win!
Step 7: Admin is appalled and appeals decision
Step 8: NCAA threatens full all-sports investigation, including football
Step 9: Admin: OK, we'll take the basketball penalties

From experience, we know how this works.
Step 1: We have no comment, but are looking into and have full commitment to a full investigation (done)
Step 2: Coach suspended indefinitely, pending investigation (done)
Step 3: Social media outrage (done)
Step 4: Admin realizes any player who's swept up in ordeal cannot stay on the team, and is also suspended (next)
Step 5: Admin realizes it's fruitless and suicide to drag out the process and fires coach and kicks player off team, and announces self imposed penalties
Step 6: NCAA...we appreciate the gesture, but moving forward with full 2 year black cloud investigation and taking away any wins, thereby crowning UT regular season champs after Aub win!
Step 7: Admin is appalled and appeals decision
Step 8: NCAA threatens full all-sports investigation, including football
Step 9: Admin: OK, we'll take the basketball penalties
They self impose something less harsh than what they imagine the NCAA would and say that being proactive should count for something. I believe Syracuse self imposed a post season ban, but it was in a year they sucked anyway.

Reactions: Vols All Day
LSU is handling it the only way they can. Wade is not cooperating with them. He's clammed up, per advice of his counsel.
Yeah, not sure why folks venting on LSU admin. They have no choice. So many of the past denials from other schools were based upon indirect evidence. When FBI's got your guy on tape, it's pretty much time to mitigate the damages.

Reactions: esarmstrong
LSU is handling it the only way they can. Wade is not cooperating with them. He's clammed up, per advice of his counsel.
What’s odd is that he’s not charged w anything. If the FBI had anything on him legally, wouldn’t he have been charged? He’s toast w the NCAA and LSU anyway, so I can’t imagine why he’d be advised by his counsel not to cooperate

This is not a court of law, LSU should be proactive and bench any player implicated. I would be surprised if there isn't more incriminating information.

If i'm not mistaken, they said they have much more on tape than they have released. This was just a primer.

While I am not naive enough to think that many players receive some benefit from a school (whether it's large or small), as I said above, the players that Penny is getting is about his relationships and connections.

I know Penny rubbed many the wrong way with his antics. But he got that job because already had the built-in connections to recruit elite players. Wiseman, Dandridge, Jeffries, Lomax, and even Watford all have connections to that staff. Tyler Harris and Damian Baugh are just Memphis guys.

Are you serious?

No, they are handling it all wrong... they should have never suspended Wade..... pushed back and denied guilt till the end.

I think you let the player continue to play because he has played all year and he is the one benefitting from playing. The school does have a duty to keep some integrity with regard to its mission, and that includes it employees. I understand suspending Wade. This is an instance where the coach should get treated differently, and the player gets the benefit of the doubt.

If i'm not mistaken, they said they have much more on tape than they have released. This was just a primer.
Of course I’m biased, but l’d bet they have him on tape naming more than Smart. If this post season has a good chance of being vacated anyway and by shutting them down for the year it placates the NCAA from levying harsher penalties in the future, it seems like it wouldn’t be unwise to do so.

Are you serious?

You obviously don’t know Penny’s history. Sure, anyone anywhere could give players benefits. But a majority of the players that Penny has committed had a relationship with him before he was hired at Memphis. That’s actually why Memphis hired him. So, yes, understand the situation.

It’s a little different when the FBI is involved. I have heard national guys even say that this will be very difficult for Wade to overcome.

You obviously don’t know Penny’s history. Sure, anyone anywhere could give players benefits. But a majority of the players that Penny has committed had a relationship with him before he was hired at Memphis. That’s actually why Memphis hired him. So, yes, understand the situation.

No, I know his history well. Put 2 and 2 together. If we were recruiting against LSU for several players then I would be concerned. Memphis has the history with Smith and my guess is that they are back in business.

No, I know his history well. Put 2 and 2 together. If we were recruiting against LSU for several players then I would be concerned. Memphis has the history with Smith and my guess is that they are back in business.

I don’t believe the guys they have committed were considering LSU. I am not aware that Wiseman, Jeffries, or Dandridge ever considered them. Lomax and Harris weren’t even top 75 players. To me, it’s a non starter. As I said, I am not that naive to think that some/most players probably receive some type of benefit. But these guys were coached by Penny in high school, and he was basically a father figure to Lomax, who played on the same team as two others. Watford played on the same AAU team as Wiseman, and that team is run by Mike Miller’s cousin, and Mike is on staff. Again, it’s why Penny was hired.

If Wade's continued presence threatens LSU football in any way, he gone.

One of the previous articles (not Wolken’s), said they have multiple recordings of Wade involving several players. Naz was one mentioned, but Wade was screwed the moment he told reporters he didn’t know Dawkins

VN Store

Back