LSU Head Coach Will Wade Suspended Indefinitely

This is crazy. Have you guys read the full ESPN story on it (part of it pasted below)? This dude is way dirty! I guess I'm a little old school and just didn't realize it was this dirty, assuming this transcript is true. If so, these head coaches should get life penalty.

According to people familiar with the calls, Wade was frustrated with a handler of current LSU guard Javonte Smart, who was then a top-50 recruit from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

"I was thinking last night on this Smart thing," Wade told Dawkins during one of the calls. "I'll be honest with you, I'm (expletive) tired of dealing with the thing. Like I'm just (expletive) sick of dealing with the (expletive). Like, this should not be that (expletive) complicated.

"Dude," Wade continued during the call, "I went to (the handler) with a (expletive) strong-ass offer about a month ago. (Expletive) strong.

"The problem was, I know why he didn't take it now, it was (expletive) tilted toward the family a little bit," Wade said. "It was tilted toward taking care of the mom, taking care of the kid. Like it was tilted towards that. Now I know for a fact he didn't explain everything to the mom. I know now, he didn't get enough of the piece of the pie in the deal."

"It was a (expletive) hell of a (expletive) offer," Wade continued. "Hell of an offer. ... Especially for a kid who is going to be a two- or three-year kid."

In a different telephone call with Dawkins, Wade joked that the player would be compensated more than the "rookie minimum."

Reactions: volsfan199
This is crazy. Have you guys read the full ESPN story on it (part of it pasted below)? This dude is way dirty! I guess I'm a little old school and just didn't realize it was this dirty, assuming this transcript is true. If so, these head coaches should get life penalty.

According to people familiar with the calls, Wade was frustrated with a handler of current LSU guard Javonte Smart, who was then a top-50 recruit from Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

"I was thinking last night on this Smart thing," Wade told Dawkins during one of the calls. "I'll be honest with you, I'm (expletive) tired of dealing with the thing. Like I'm just (expletive) sick of dealing with the (expletive). Like, this should not be that (expletive) complicated.

"Dude," Wade continued during the call, "I went to (the handler) with a (expletive) strong-ass offer about a month ago. (Expletive) strong.

"The problem was, I know why he didn't take it now, it was (expletive) tilted toward the family a little bit," Wade said. "It was tilted toward taking care of the mom, taking care of the kid. Like it was tilted towards that. Now I know for a fact he didn't explain everything to the mom. I know now, he didn't get enough of the piece of the pie in the deal."

"It was a (expletive) hell of a (expletive) offer," Wade continued. "Hell of an offer. ... Especially for a kid who is going to be a two- or three-year kid."

In a different telephone call with Dawkins, Wade joked that the player would be compensated more than the "rookie minimum."
He makes Jerry Tarkanian looks like a school boy

most of the so called experts were saying LSU would just sit back and ride this thing out with Will Wade and do nothing..
Looks like there is a lot more to this than they are saying for LSU to make a move now..
Now if Vandy can come out play like they did against us in Nashville and win against LSU would be the topping on the cake...
GBO

Here's another thought:

The University of Memphis has beat out LSU for several basketball recruits over the past months and will probably secure T. Watford as well. Am I to believe that they are going to play at Memphis for free while passing up getting several hundred thousand (the league minimum) from LSU?

Just curious, but who did Memphis get that is a surprise? Wiseman, Dandridge, and Jeffries were always going to Memphis once Penny was hired.

I'm just wondering if all the other players on LSU's team are now curious as to what Javonte Smart got in his deal that they didn't, if they didn't. I'm sure there were deals made with some others too, but if not that could be awkward since several of them were high profile players.

Yikes....Wade is about as dirty as they come. I’d be embarrassed if he represented my University.

Just curious, but who did Memphis get that is a surprise? Wiseman, Dandridge, and Jeffries were always going to Memphis once Penny was hired.

Wiseman was always going to be between Memphis and UK
Jeffries decommited from UK and it was between Memphis and LSU (Jeffries is close to the Lawsons and Lawsons/Penny don't get along great)
Watford is between Memphis and LSU
Dandridge was always going to Memphis
Baugh was a bit of a shock until recently since he's an Under Armour/Team Thad guy
There are two other 4* and 5* prospects that Memphis is heavy on that LSU is recruiting

LSU?!?

tenor.gif

It has to make Smart feel good knowing his coach didn't think he was even worth the amount of money Wade got him.

I'm just hoping all the main cheaters go down in all this. Who would that likely be? LSU, Louisville, Arizona (State?), NC State, Fla St, NC, Duke?, UK?, Memphis?, Vandy?, Auburn?

LSU - Going Down
Louisville - Got their slapped wrist already
Arizona - Too big of school, not going down
Duke - Yeah, ain't happening. Makes too much $$$
UK - See Duke above
Kansas - See UK above
UNC - 25 yrs of academic fraud with no punishment, ain't happening
Vandy - They suck too bad for anyone to care
Auburn - Bruce will be safe unless he starts winning like he did at UT
Memphis - Possibly. UK and Duke aren't going to tolerate Memphis taking players from them. Team not good enough yet

I didn't know until I just looked at his bio that he went to Franklin Road Academy. Nice to see they're turning out such fine, upstanding people over there.

Everyone and ESPECIALLY LSU, needs to remember this is NOT AN NCAA ISSUE, it’s FBI!!!! LSU’s statement is delusional! Certainly Smart and anyone else need to be suspended, and all other necessary punishment. However the most annoying part of all of it is someone like Dick Vitale acting like he doesn’t know Cal, K, and Roy don’t do the same! The hypocrisy is disgusting!

Everyone and ESPECIALLY LSU, needs to remember this is NOT AN NCAA ISSUE, it’s FBI!!!! LSU’s statement is delusional! Certainly Smart and anyone else need to be suspended, and all other necessary punishment. However the most annoying part of all of it is someone like Dick Vitale acting like he doesn’t know Cal, K, and Roy don’t do the same! The hypocrisy is disgusting!
Commentators should call out the coaches as they become exposed. I'm impressed that Vitale spoke out against Wade. Most announcers just choose to ignore it and call the games pretending all is well... It has been known since well before the season that Wade was recorded discussing offers with Dawkins but I have yet to hear it mentioned during an LSU broadcast.

You are correct, But NCAA is knee deep in this now in regards to compliance. The SEC commissioner just released a statement.

Here's another thought:

The University of Memphis has beat out LSU for several basketball recruits over the past months and will probably secure T. Watford as well. Am I to believe that they are going to play at Memphis for free while passing up getting several hundred thousand (the league minimum) from LSU?

The highest bidder wins. I’d say Penny has some deep pockets too and is every bit as slimy as Wade if not more. Can’t stand either of them losers.

VN Store

Back