LSU has terrible line play

Might want to tune things down. We're not far removed from being the laughingstock of not only the SEC, but all of CFB. Hopefully, with anticipated success, our fanbase will avoid becoming insufferable, machine gun mouth-spittle spewers like too many fanbases are. I peeked over at Wildcat Lair before yesterday's game. A number of their fans were running their mouths too the week running up to the game. Bragging about about their defense, OL, and mostly, Will Levis. They ended up with a nuclear wedgie. Pride is fine, but if one prefers gloating, well. karma is a finicky batch.

Might want to tune things down. We're not far removed from being the laughingstock of not only the SEC, but all of CFB. Hopefully, with anticipated success, our fanbase will avoid becoming insufferable, machine gun mouth-spittle spewers like too many fanbases are. I peeked over at Wildcat Lair before yesterday's game. A number of their fans were running their mouths too the week running up to the game. Bragging about about their defense, OL, and mostly, Will Levis. They ended up with a nuclear wedgie. Pride is fine, but if one prefers gloating, well. karma is a finicky batch.
Every fan base does this leading up to a game. Every single one. If they don’t then they are a doormat in their respected conference

Tennessee will smoke LSU and Kentucky and no one needs to tune anything down.

I saw LSU “out-talent” Auburn…and Auburn had a pretty good defensive line. That coupled with the fact that it’s an away game for us means we should be measured in our optimism. We can win. Will it be a blow out as some suggest? I hope so, but I predict a close game. Our defense has to show up for 4 quarters!! Vols 31-28. GBO!

Has terrible line play. Shockingly bad.

Vols are actually much more superior in the trenches and has much more steady dangerous playmakers than LSU on offense.

I really don't see this game being close at all.

Their QB looked outright scared against Auburn and isn't anywhere as dangerous as a hot AR.

I really think Vols get their first big blowout statement win this weekend heading into the Bama game.
Everyone was saying we would blowout Florida too. People need to chill, this is gonna be a very tough game.

You are a person with a overly inflated sense of worth who isn't nearly as smart as they think.

Some of yall are delusional. LSU has more talent on both sides of the ball than UT and its not close. Their secondary is LIGHT YEARS better than ours. We dont have ONE player on the entire team as good as Ojilari. The only way we win this game is if they screw themselves. We just arent there talent wise. Its not on CJH. They need to really recruit.
Ojilari is lined up across from Wright - a 3 year starter who’s being talked about as a first round pick. Ojilari is talented and will make some plays but I think Wright will hold his own just fine

They don't have Florida's or Pitt's oline and this is why it will be an easier game for us compared to those two in addition to their hurt QB who looks like a timid rabbit out there running for his life.
Florida had many instances of excellent pass protection against us, up until that last play.

Their O-Line is pretty bad, but not near as bad as Kentucky’s. They're essentially the worst in the entire country.

The other good news is Daniels seems to have a leg injury, which will certainly limit his effectiveness as a runner. If he's not able to scramble around and avoid sacks, then he's got no chance out there. That was the difference with AR vs Kentucky/USF and vs us when he was healthy.
Florida protected well overall and beat our coverage downfield (450 passing yards). Byron Young had a remarkable effort against AR that was not stat related but he kept Florida from hitting even more big plays. We need our line to be dominant and not leave our secondary out to dry. This game can be close, or a Tennessee Waltz, depending upon our defensive effort..

You are a person with a overly inflated sense of worth who isn't nearly as smart as they think.

You're trying to practice psychiatry without a license. So why should I pay attention to a hack? Do you also practice hip surgery on gullible people by telling them it's legal because you're a tree surgeon? Probably, given your attempt to practice hack psychological diagnosis on this board.

BTW, tell my good buddy, Rickyvol77, hugs. :)

Last edited:
Tennessee may catch a break in this game because of the rest of the SEC schedule on TV (such as A & M at Bama and UGA at Auburn). The atmosphere of playing in Tiger Stadium at 11 am CST will not be close to what it would be with a 6 pm or 7 pm kickoff. Yeah, the Vols still need to come out and take care of business and it will be rowdy, but a daytime game at Death Valley is manageable compared to a night game.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I saw LSU “out-talent” Auburn…and Auburn had a pretty good defensive line. That coupled with the fact that it’s an away game for us means we should be measured in our optimism. We can win. Will it be a blow out as some suggest? I hope so, but I predict a close game. Our defense has to show up for 4 quarters!! Vols 31-28. GBO!

Auburn DL is good but thin. Even Kelly alluded to the fact Garner plays 9-10 DL guys. And all can make plays.

Has terrible line play. Shockingly bad.

Vols are actually much more superior in the trenches and has much more steady dangerous playmakers than LSU on offense.

I really don't see this game being close at all.

Their QB looked outright scared against Auburn and isn't anywhere as dangerous as a hot AR.

I really think Vols get their first big blowout statement win this weekend heading into the Bama game.
Their QB has been sacked 15 times; AR only 3. Not to mention he is last in the SEC in yards per attempt.

On paper, LSU is a pretty solid team. They have the #19 total defense and #40 total offense. Conversely, we have the #1 total offense and #90 total defense.

Now some good news is that LSU has the 68th ranked passing offense. The majority of their yards come on the ground. We have the 21st rushing defense so that bodes better for us than a team that throws the ball all over the field. We are 128th in passing yards allowed per game. There are only three teams worse than us in that category: Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, and Ohio. I think this game leans in our favor if we can get pressure on the QB and force him to make difficult throws.

Some of yall are delusional. LSU has more talent on both sides of the ball than UT and its not close. Their secondary is LIGHT YEARS better than ours. We dont have ONE player on the entire team as good as Ojilari. The only way we win this game is if they screw themselves. We just arent there talent wise. Its not on CJH. They need to really recruit.

Hooker, Tillman and McCoy aren't good? What are you smoking?

If you mean defense only, I might agree, but Young and Baron are pretty good ends

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back