LSU game predictions

I think we start slow in the first couple of drives, but I also think LSU will be slow on their feet, especially if Auburn hands them an L this weekend. I'd say Vols by 14 for now.

This one will be tough. Most here seem to disagree but I think Kelly is a really good coach and LSU is stocked with talent. They are 8th in the nation in the talent composite. Florida was 12th.

The one big positive, Kelly struggled against highly ranked teams at Notre Dame.

Too early to make a game prediction other than to say we will have to play a full 60 minutes to win. We took a half off on offense vs Pitt and let off the gas too early vs Florida. Keep it floored the whole game.

Don't think Hooker needs to be running a lot with that shoulder injury....if he's able to go at all. If the game were this week, he'd likely be out.
That’s just false. Hooker was fine the entire second half. Even absorbed some hits running the football. Shoot he was better in the second half. If we played this week it would be no question that he would play

There are quite a few quantitative rankings that have LSU above us and it's in Baton Rouge. I think we can win, but I don't think it's going to be easy; especially if we don't get Tillman back.
Its rare that an unranked team is favored over a top ten team, even with home advantage.

This one will be tough. Most here seem to disagree but I think Kelly is a really good coach and LSU is stocked with talent. They are 8th in the nation in the talent composite. Florida was 12th.

The one big positive, Kelly struggled against highly ranked teams at Notre Dame.

Too early to make a game prediction other than to say we will have to play a full 60 minutes to win. We took a half off on offense vs Pitt and let off the gas too early vs Florida. Keep it floored the whole game.
He's a jerk. I'm not just saying that because he's the opponent... he really is a jackass. Butch Jones seemed to learn his method of throwing players under the bus after losses from Kelly.

Reactions: feathersax
There are quite a few quantitative rankings that have LSU above us and it's in Baton Rouge. I think we can win, but I don't think it's going to be easy; especially if we don't get Tillman back.
UT beat UF and dropped 4 places in ESPN's FPI. LSU beat a bad New Mexico team and went up 5 places. Just not buying the legitimacy of that one. Maybe not enough data at this point but UT's wins over UF and Pitt plus blowouts of BSU and Akron are a better resume than a loss to FSU, win over MSU, a win over an FCS school, and a fairly unimpressive win over a Mountain West team.

We are the 2nd most storied program in the SEC. We play in the most feared and loudest stadium in the world. We play anybody, anywhere , anytime. We will always get everyone’s best.

LSU has a losing record vs Tennessee. LSU hasn’t had a winning season in the last 2 years.

LSU, just like Florida, will bring their A+ game when they face us. For some reason, teams always play us like it is their bowl game. Being ranked in the top ten now just dials it up to a new level.
But this is a problem I am glad to be having again FWIW 😉
We’re catching them at a perfect time. We are right between games against Auburn and Florida and their games against Auburn are always vicious so they’ll definitely be beaten up while we’re coming off a bye week. Plus it’s at noon Eastern.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Agreed it won’t be easy but the schedule is in our favor (they’re coming off Auburn and have UF after us), the time is in our favor and the QB is in our favor. I don’t think it’ll be as high scoring as some think but I say UT by 7. Maybe around 30-23.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tnfan41
Agreed. To add to your list one of my own, if CJH is going to use a run the clock approach like he did against UF, we need a "jumbo" package with a big RB...there was talk about a TE taking snaps at RB last week. That might be our better option if we are going to eat clock.
Our short yardage plays have been really good this year. Had Hooker kept just one of those options to the RB he walks to a first down and we win by 17.

Sampson g
I will probably catch some heat over this statement, but based on what i have seen, Sampson is a legit gamebreaker Reggie Bush Alvin Kamara level talent imo. I am not saying he will definitely be legends like those two guys, but the eye test doesn't lie usually.

He can potentially be that kind of X factor difference maker in this offense and it's absolutely criminal that he didn't get more touches against Ball State and Akron headed into SEC play.

I would love to see some read option plays, screens and short outs designed to get Sampson the ball in open space.

Run Hooker a few times against LSU then when the defense starts to key on him, imagine him flipping the ball over to Sampson with nothing but green space ahead of him. Kid is a touchdown waiting to happen imo.[/QUOTE

Sampson got hurt in Akron game, he will play when healthy.

I'm sure Hype will rest the 1s that need it during the bye week. Give Milton, Squirrel and Merrill lots of reps, along with Sampson.

I think we have an offense explosion in points. We might put up 60 in this one. LSU plays alot man, we gonna make alot big plays, all over the field!
Not worried about the D in this one. We are better suited for LSU, UK and Bama. UGA with Bowers---nobody is stopping that!

I honestly think our offense gasses their defense; close game first half, then we boat race them the second! I have not been impressed with LSU this year. I think the defense will be a little more aggressive given it's not Richardson taking the snaps. Jayden Daniels has taken 12 sacks this year, so that is promising. LSU is under the impression that they have been tested this year.

WTF crap metrics went into that patently unscientific and inaccurate measure?

Obviously neither outdoorsmen nor foodies nor music lovers were included in their polling.

From your lips to God’s ears.

Hanging out in that board and with LSU fans in person is a Haters’ Ball. We’re in the top 10. Time to be a s**t talking pro. If you can’t take it, cher, don’t engage. LSUFreek is a photoshop and message board legend, much like our own @Freak

IME, I’ve never met one of those folks that wouldn’t give you the shirt off their back when the chips were down. I’ve always come away from BR spending less on food & liquor than was budgeted.

At bottom, they know ball, and they know we’re a tough draw. They talk bad s**t because they’re scared of what might happen.

I’m SO bummed this isn’t a night game. Every college football fan should witness that once, and it ain’t like we’ve never beat them there at night.
As someone who has lived in both Louisiana and Tennessee, Louisiana has some fun attributes and the food omg, but it is like anywhere else imo.. if you have some money, it’s awesome, if you don’t, it sucks a big one 😂 …but a lot of people there don’t care, and that is part of their charm 😂 Every state has pros and cons (except for some I wouldn’t live in if you paid me a monthly stipend).. LA or TN it would not be necessary lol.. my kids were in school down there, though, and they were still doing common core when we left, TN had already chucked it, we left before too much damage set in.. shoo-wee, some really good teachers down there, but they were put in some no win situations

Last edited:
Reactions: kcvols1
I spend some time over at tiger droppings and the tiger board there and i am simply amazed how how LSU fans are using their win over Moo State and their shutout over New Mexico State to hype themselves up.

Most of them are saying that Tennessee has no chance and that Miss State would blow us out lmao.

They are the most obnoxious, pompous acting **** talking petty fanbase in the entire SEC and are especially obsessed with throwing shade Tony V and UF's Napier.

Anyways, back to the topic.

LSU has a very efficient game managing QB with a 73 percent completion rate and zero int. Kind of like a much less explosive version of Hooker.

Defensively, they seem to be improving and looked dominant against New Mexico State.

However, if you watch their games, they simply aren't that explosive on offense and FSU took them to the wood shed. FSU also barely scraped by a 1-2 Louisville team.

If it was in Neyland and Tilman was good to go, I'd say Vols by 17 points.

However, we know how hostile their stadium can be, especially at night.

I think offensively, we have too much firepower for them and defensively we will gameplan them more aggressively like we did with Pitt as their QB is not an AR level scrambling threat.

My prediction: Tennessee 41 LSU 31.
I just watched the highlights of the LSU vs Miss St game and then watched ours. I think all 4 of these teams are pretty close. What bothers me is how glaringly awful our secondary is and how it's mostly Hadden. He played downright pitifully. But our entire secondary left guys wide open all night long. Sure Daniels didn't seem to throw much and ran a lot against Miss St., but MSU had their guys covered. LSU will have more options against us. We will be very luck to get out of that place with a win. Our secondary is the worst I've seen it since I can remember.

I believe we are a 3.5 point favorite. Which honestly is a little surprising. I figured we would be like 7 point favorites. But as bad as our secondary is, we will likely let LSUs QB have his career game. The issue here is it’s on the road. LSU has a real stingy pass defense. Their overall defense is pretty good. Hooker is gonna have to have another monster game imo. We seem to be struggling badly at the RB position. Without Hooker, our rushing stats would be kind of bad.

VN Store

Back