LSU football coach search down to three potential candidates

Aranda to LSU, Napier to UF.

I could also see Aranda waiting another year (Texa$) and LSU settling with Dykes or maybe bringing in a NFL guy.

I could also see Aranda waiting another year (Texa$) and LSU settling with Dykes or maybe bringing in a NFL guy.
Napier to LSU would make so much more sense if he was looking to leave....an hour from his home and he already has relationships with LA HS coaches...and if I was Aranda....so much easier to win PAC12 championships than SEC ones....but who knows only thing I know both are gonna get raises either by staying or taking bigger jobs

Last edited:
Reactions: Plecoptera

I think Aranda can get paid by Baylor to stay and avoid getting his butt handed to him in the SEC. Baylor has money and I think they'll use it. If Aranda is ambitious, he might jump but I'm not sure he hurts his stock by using the LSU, USC, maybe FL interest for a raise at Baylor....... and waiting for a few years. It's better to be already really rich and ready to change jobs, IMO, in case the higher profile job doesn't work out.

I think Aranda can get paid by Baylor to stay and avoid getting his butt handed to him in the SEC. Baylor has money and I think they'll use it. If Aranda is ambitious, he might jump but I'm not sure he hurts his stock by using the LSU, USC, maybe FL interest for a raise at Baylor....... and waiting for a few years. It's better to be already really rich and ready to change jobs, IMO, in case the higher profile job doesn't work out.

Dave Aranda expected to remain at Baylor with contract extension to be signed in next two weeks

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't interview w LSU. Not sure if he takes it, but you def interview to boost a new contract. Gundy was an expert at it.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Napier to LSU would make so much more sense if he was looking to leave....an hour from his home and he already has relationships with LA HS coaches...and if I was Aranda....so much easier to win PAC12 championships than SEC ones....but who knows only thing I know both are gonna get raises either by staying or taking bigger jobs

He'll have the benefit of his networking in LA, TX and will rake in 4 stars at UF.
Right now UF is a better option than LSU. LSU may get pummeled by NCAA. Wouldnt be surprised if we see more scholarships lost for them. NCAA should be getting close to a ruling as well. Not something you want to walk into as an up-and-coming HC.

Reactions: VolnJC
Two weeks is a long fkn time in this landscape. Baylor AD should be camping in his front yard. Baylor could miss out on an extra 10-15 mil if they wait.
Technically, Monday is "within the next two weeks" and that's when I'd try to get it done.

Aranda may be being completely upfront with Baylor and have interviews/discussions that he's been offered and he feels he should honor even though he's reasonably sure he won't take them.

My BP would be at stroke levels if I were Baylor's admins if that's the case.

The crazy thing is OU can just call Stoops to bridge until the next HC....If Riley leaves for LSU

Sources: Wake Forest has reached a long-term contract extension with coach Dave Clawson. Wake Forest is 9-2 and can clinch a spot in ACC title game at BC tomorrow. Clawson has received interest from multiple Power 5 schools in this coaching cycle.

I thought Aranda would have already been announced at USC..but that job is not what it used to be....that half empty stadium vs UCLA was jaw dropping

Same. There is no way Aranda can turn around Baylor this quickly and not kill it at USC. Things prolly are a bit different if LSU and Florida didn’t wind up having openings.

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back