LSU football coach search down to three potential candidates

MontyPython

Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
Per Fox Sports:

"The LSU football coaching search is down to three candidates, and the next coach could be named by "the end of this week" or early next week, two sources with knowledge of the search said Monday morning.

The candidates are Baylor head coach Dave Aranda, Louisiana-Lafayette head coach Billy Napier and Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell."

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Per Fox Sports:

"The LSU football coaching search is down to three candidates, and the next coach could be named by "the end of this week" or early next week, two sources with knowledge of the search said Monday morning.

The candidates are Baylor head coach Dave Aranda, Louisiana-Lafayette head coach Billy Napier and Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell."
Based on his comments last week about winning the Big 12 not being a goal, but rather "having the best together team in Iowa St history," I don't think Campbell would last 2 seconds in Baton Rouge if he started losing.

The lack of interest in Bama OC O’Brien for the LSU, FL, USC jobs leads me to believe he might be tabbed as Saban’s successor. JMO.

Based on his comments last week about winning the Big 12 not being a goal, but rather "having the best together team in Iowa St history," I don't think Campbell would last 2 seconds in Baton Rouge if he started losing.

Man that was the most butch jones like bs I’ve ever heard. Was total garbage. He even used a “that’s no coach Campbell’s goal”. Weird third person reference.

Reactions: tbh and RDU VOL#14
That’s very Butch of him.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Napier seems like a lock to LSU.
Least likely, Campbell. Aranda seems a no brainer, but would he leave his Alma Mater? Baylor can rule Big12 in a couple of years. Napier it is. He has been waiting on this job. I think they locked him up within a week of Coach O being let go.

The lack of interest in Bama OC O’Brien for the LSU, FL, USC jobs leads me to believe he might be tabbed as Saban’s successor. JMO.
Or maybe they see Sark at Texas and realize Saban isn’t a magician that can turn bad head coaches into good ones in a season as a coordinator.

Reactions: onthehill71 and tbh
If I'm Dave Clawson I'm having the agent throw out feelers. Time to get really paid, I mean a lot of coaches getting stupid money bumps this week.

Bama fans aren't enamored with O'Brien from what I have seen from their comments.

If I'm Dave Clawson I'm having the agent throw out feelers. Time to get really paid, I mean a lot of coaches getting stupid money bumps this week.

He should stay where he’s at he dropped the ball against his best competition.

He can’t say that in BR if he’s 10-2. Jones “champions of life” makes more sense.

Bama fans aren't enamored with O'Brien from what I have seen from their comments.
Saban IMO probably gets say in who replaces him. Of course I imagine he coaches until he can’t anymore. From those I’ve talked to he’s one of the few coaches that just doesn’t burn out, dude lives to coach.

Co
Could be, but for some reason I feel Nick will be the primary influence in choosing his successor and O’Brien has P5 head coach experience in a very tough environment. Not saying he would be there long; maybe as a bridge to the next anointed one.

Per Fox Sports:

So the Napier to Florida might have been agent speak

Bill O’Brien sucks. Anything he touches rots. Bama would be stupid to have him succeed Saban. Don’t think they will go that way.

Nobody in their right mind would want to succeed Saban except maybe for the check. Talk about being set up for failure. Go 10-2 and people will be screaming for your head on a stake.

BOB might actually be a good choice. Has no ties to Alabama so he could be disposed of easily. Give him three years and THEN go get your guy.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back