LSU and Alabama Have Barnes's Number

Volfan1000

3-9 against LSU and a losing record against Alabama.

Every coach has those one or two teams that they have trouble against.

Reactions: Tshotdan
Don't know how it is that LSU, Alabama, and (especially) Auburn has such a good record against Barnes with as many 5-stars players Tennessee has been getting.

7-29 - Alabama
6-24 - LSU

Not to state the obvious, but the problem is hitting 3 pt shots. Of course, if a shot isn’t falling, a team should have an inside option.

Vols don’t really have that.

I’d honestly rather spread the floor and drive. Just need some ball handlers to mature against charges.

7-29 - Alabama
6-24 - LSU

Not to state the obvious, but the problem is hitting 3 pt shots. Of course, if a shot isn’t falling, a team should have an inside option.

I’d honestly rather spread the floor and drive. Just need some ball handlers to mature against charges.

Chandler is still learning. He’s getting tough love right now. If he’s the player that most think he is, he will be much better in 2 months. ZZZ is the better floor general right now but doesn’t have the same ability as KC.

The really good news is that TN finally got to the free throw line tonight. The sucky part is that too many of those free points weren’t cashed in.

Reactions: UneducatedGuess
I’ve found Tennessee’s free throw shooting troubling the last 2 years in big game. 62% tonight on 37 attempts is…atrocious.

I’m disappointed that KC hasn’t been more clutch. Vescovi as well. The guy that was probably under the most pressure hit his 2 attempts. Bailey.

7-29 - Alabama
6-24 - LSU

I can't even understand how college basketball players are that bad at shooting. We don't just miss, they are absolute bricks that don't really have a shot at going in for the most part.

The post play is equally inexplicable. We have no hope of getting a post bucket unless someone is just wide open off a Chandler drive or Fulky activates Superfulk mode, which shows up about 4 times a season.

Somewhere, something has gone awry, either from an evaluation stand point during recruiting or from a teaching standpoint once they arrive. Chandler's regression as a player and BHH being a complete ghost has been sobering.

Reactions: Zues1
7-29 - Alabama
6-24 - LSU

That has to do with the aggressive defense those teams play AND Tennessee’s inability to overcome that aggression with plays, screens, passes etc to get good shooters good shots. Hurried shots & forced shots have been the norm.

Turnover points for LSU & Tennessee failure to hit FTs & close inside shots lost tonight’s game.

Reactions: esarmstrong
Almost 0-3 SEC. Never clutch. It’s Tennessee. We just don’t have the players.

Better coaching beats better talent. I really really like Barnes, but to be honest he gets out coached many nights.
You might be correct on that. But, for what it’s worth, Will Wade is dirty as he,.,.., and everyone knows it. Barnes has more integrity in his pinky finger than Will Wade ever thought about. Quite frankly, I’m thankful we don’t have a dirtbag like Will Wade as our coach. So, congrats to Will Wade for cheating his A,.,. off year in and year out. Me personally, I’ll take the guy that does it with character and integrity year in and year out, and still manages to make the tourney just about every year. That’s a lot more than I can say of lots of recent UT bball coaches.

You might be correct on that. But, for what it’s worth, Will Wade is dirty as he,.,.., and everyone knows it. Barnes has more integrity in his pinky finger than Will Wade ever thought about. Quite frankly, I’m thankful we don’t have a dirtbag like Will Wade as our coach. So, congrats to Will Wade for cheating his A,.,. off year in and year out. Me personally, I’ll take the guy that does it with character and integrity year in and year out, and still manages to make the tourney just about every year. That’s a lot more than I can say of lots of recent UT bball coaches.

I agree with you. That is why I really really like him. He builds men. I think that is why he can recruit. However good coaches in basketball are the most under valued coaches in sports. Good coaches do more with less.

Wasn’t blown away by the strategy the last 2-3 minutes. That said Barnes seems to like to let his teams learn the first part of the season so let’s see how they look in 3-4 weeks..

Barnes’ hands on his hips tonight reminded me of when Holly Warlick had the same pose. Usually means we don’t have a plan.

Reactions: wmcovol
Another shot at both of them on the home floor. If we can't win those games this season has become a total disaster.

7-29 - Alabama
6-24 - LSU

But we should have an inside presence. We’re one of the tallest teams in the country. I’m not saying they’re ready or provide a better option but we have two 7’0’s sitting on the bench and BHH getting limited minutes. At this point it’s obvious we’re not a good 3pt shooting team so why not switch it up and go bigger or give Mashack and Q more run? What are we going to do, lose?

VN Store

Back