LSU...A Crouching Tiger?

TBALLVOL

Meyer seems to be sucking up all the air in the SEC but Miles is the one that is smiling like a cheshire cat. He has inherited some tremendous tallent and he didn't get hired by LSU because he was the only one who would take the job. Does anyone know anything about his offensive philosophy. What's it going to take for TN to crush the Cajin's. Does Miles have the VOODO or the DOODO?

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Jun 23, 2005 7:42 AM
Meyer seems to be sucking up all the air in the SEC but Miles is the one that is smiling like a cheshire cat. He has inherited some tremendous tallent and he didn't get hired by LSU because he was the only one who would take the job. Does anyone know anything about his offensive philosophy. What's it going to take for TN to crush the Cajin's. Does Miles have the VOODO or the DOODO?
[snapback]106752[/snapback]​

All it takes is playing Tennessee football. Nop mistakes, run the ball, silence the Cajuns and the Vols smooth the road on the way to the National Championship game.

Hmm, LSU will be tough, they have good defense, except I don't think they will have the offense to keep up. It will be a close game, I'm guessing tied or even LSU lead at the half, but I think that our offense should eventually prevail over their D wheras their offense will not have quite enough skill to do the same.

I am really interested to see how Miles does, though. Considering where he coached was a handful of miles away from one of the most successful programs in the last few years, he did alright. Now the door is wide open for Miles.

we better not over look anybody, especially LSU, so much hype has been poured toward Urban Myth and the old ball coach , Miles has sorta flown under the radar and like Jerry Clower said the tigers is bad wet or dry!

LSU has a QB that refused to watch extra tape with Saban last year.

Say something about him?

QB will be a huge problem for them...

LSU will lose 2 games and the seat will begin to get warm for Miles

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 23, 2005 12:08 PM
LSU has a QB that refused to watch extra tape with Saban last year.

Say something about him?

QB will be a huge problem for them...

LSU will lose 2 games and the seat will begin to get warm for Miles
[snapback]106821[/snapback]​

They have some good weapons, but im not sure Miles can get them all on the same page? The QB situation might tell the tail? I dont look for Russell to be the man by the 3rd game? Flynn i think it is? will either start or be the starter by sept24th

Miles is a scary coach. he does some great things with lack luster players. I think he is the only coach with a winning record aginst Bob Stoops. When it comes to the big game of the year, he always has his team ready to go.

Originally posted by IBleedOrange24/7@Jun 23, 2005 6:14 PM
They have some good weapons, but im not sure Miles can get them all on the same page? The QB situation might tell the tail? I dont look for Russell to be the man by the 3rd game? Flynn i think it is? will either start or be the starter by sept24th
[snapback]107071[/snapback]​

From what I hear, Flynn has really struggled to do anything in camp the last two years.

Weak arm and bad leadership skills

Les Miles had great running teams at OSU, I would expect the same at LSU. Combine that with the fact that they've got all tailbacks from the best rushing team in the SEC last year and you can expect a war in the trenches. Fortunately thats a good match up for us.

QB (Russell) is shakey at best and Miles did little with a similar player at OSU. I doubt they'll pose a huge threat passing.

Their defense will be stout too.

Finally, playing LSU at night in Baton Rouge... we'll have to play well to win. This could be our toughest game of the year.

Originally posted by Vol 4 Life@Jun 24, 2005 10:21 PM
Les Miles had great running teams at OSU, I would expect the same at LSU.  Combine that with the fact that they've got all tailbacks from the best rushing team in the SEC last year and you can expect a war in the trenches.  Fortunately thats a good match up for us.

QB (Russell) is shakey at best and Miles did little with a similar player at OSU.  I doubt they'll pose a huge threat passing.

Their defense will be stout too. 

Finally, playing LSU at night in Baton Rouge... we'll have to play well to win.  This could be our toughest game of the year.
[snapback]107411[/snapback]​

It'll be a wild game, make no mistake. I think our biggest weapon, as you guys have already mentioned, is the running game. We've returned all of last years starters. I really don't know what to expect from the passing game. We got some bada$$ receivers. If we can get ANY of our three qb's to step up, we'll be a monster in passing, because all three, I think, have the potential. I know this is a bad example, but you should've seen Russell at one point at last years UGA game. (Yes, we got stomped.) There was one point where the rush was on him, and he just BOOOOOOOMMBBED it. He didn't even cock his arm! Just looked and WHAMMO! Looked like a freaking 60 yard pass without even setting for it. Of course, heh, it fell incomplete, but let no one say that he doesn't have an arm. ( :blink: )Flynn, on the other hand, seems a little cooler in the pocket. Or at least he did when we played Iowa. (Boy that was a good game. Iowa fans were cool.) I really hope Flynn gets the job, because there were points in the Capital One bowl when he just looked great. Don't know much about Perrilloux, but I'm willing to bet if he doesn't get a lot of play time, he may transfer. So who knows. I think we LSU fans may be just as in the dark as you guys are. It's exciting and frustrating at the same time. In modesty, I think we'll drop maybe 2 or 3. Maybe only one if we nail down a solid qb for the whole season. Or hell, none with a little luck. :D

I suppose Perriloux might get the job. He can pretty much play anywhere he wants, and besides, he will probably turn out great for you guys. If Miles can keep you rolling off of Saban's steam, LSU vs. Tennessee may turn into the great conference matchup of the next few years.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Jun 24, 2005 11:05 PM
In modesty, I think we'll drop maybe 2 or 3. 

If Miles losses 3 games, his seat will be hot.

Originally posted by U-T@Jun 24, 2005 11:31 PM
If Miles losses 3 games, his seat will be hot.
[snapback]107486[/snapback]​

Naw, I don't think so. I think alot of fans have returned to reality since the past season. Going 10-3 or 9-3 is STILL a very good season. Too few fans remember the Archer/Hallman years. I'll take 3 losses a season until the apocalypse. We ain't Nebraska, man. :)

Now, don't read me as accepting mediocrity. If Miles can at least appear at the SEC championship game once every two or three years, I think he'll be fine. Keep us the main power in the west (for the most part), and he'll remain.

Originally posted by Atreus21@Jun 25, 2005 12:04 AM
Naw, I don't think so.  I think alot of fans have returned to reality since the past season.  Going 10-3 or 9-3 is STILL a very good season.  Too few fans remember the Archer/Hallman years.  I'll take 3 losses a season until the apocalypse.  We ain't Nebraska, man.  :)

I haven't met an LSU fan that really, really likes Miles nor have I heard anything but an SEC Title talk.

3 losses is usually a non-SEC West Title (ya ya...2001...I know)

I look at LSU and Miles as another Zook situation.

Now, I dont mean that as in miles wont win at LSU....I just dont think he wins nearly enough to keep up with the vaunted LSU/Saban legacy.

PS - I spent last night in BR.

I really really like Miles. Most big time LSU fans do. I for one was kinda upset right when he was hired because I was looking for a bigger name, and I was scared about the way his team got rolled by Texas in the 2nd half at OSU. Well, I can honestly say that he's done absolutely everything right since he's been here, including hiring about the best assistants staff I've ever seen. For example, we kept Jimbo Fisher as OC, and we hired Bo Pelini as DC. (Bill Clay - DC for OSU - was not retained!) The reason keeping Jimbo Fisher was so big is that we're really set up for another NC run this year, and we return all of our offensive starters. He's kept the offensive terminology from the last 5 years, so we should have a little less catch up time than a normal O under a new coach. As for Pelini, we're very excited about the way he handled the defense at Nebraska in 2003. He should be an excellent fit too, and I hope we can keep him longer than the one or two years I predict. Lastly, we also retained Tommy Moffitt as S&C coach, which is probably the biggest keep of all. Y'all probably remember him from when he was at Tennessee in the mid 90's. If you follow his career, he was at Tennessee, Miami, and LSU either the year, or the year before each team won their MNCs.

So, like I said... I'm really really excited about Miles, and about our team this year. We seem hungry like we were in 2003, and I think Miles has brought in a looseness to the players that we desparetly needed after Saban. If we get decent QB play, we should be incredibly tough to beat.

Yep. There's only so much you can do talent-wise when Norman, Austin and Lincoln are just a stone's throw away. Given that, Miles still did a great job at OSU.

VN Store

Back