LSU’s Will Wade Reinstated

You know, they may have thought, what if he gets off with the courts. (stranger thing have happened) What a lawsuit he would have against the school. I think they are saying lets let this play out.

I’m not saying your wrong, as I don’t know. However I think they are saying we want to win, and we don’t care if he cheated or not........as long as he doesn’t get in trouble for it.

If Tennessee wasn't doing good right now, I believe I might just quit watching basketball for a while. This is getting to be so ridiculous.

I totally agree.
Programs known to be cheating, programs caught cheating, and even head coaches caught on recordings cheating.........yet its business as usual.

He is dirty, I don’t like dirty, although I doubt it happens, I hope at some point the ncaa drops the hammer on Wade.

I totally agree.
Programs known to be cheating, programs caught cheating, and even head coaches caught on recordings cheating.........yet its business as usual.

He is dirty, I don’t like dirty, although I doubt it happens, I hope at some point the ncaa drops the hammer on Wade.

...and LSU.

I wonder if LSU sees itself with a legal crisis where he demands his buyout b/c legally it can't yet be for "cause". Since he's not formally charged by anyone. I mean there are 1,001 ways to manipulate an audio clip. Just saying

LSU's AD has gone full ******, but he has done idiot things before. If the judge rules that Wade has to testify, he will run the risk of committing felony perjury.

The end of that first sentence... Care to elaborate? I inferested to know what you are referring to. This is not a dig on my end towards you at all. I’m just curious.

I wonder if LSU sees itself with a legal crisis where he demands his buyout b/c legally it can't yet be for "cause". Since he's not formally charged by anyone. I mean there are 1,001 ways to manipulate an audio clip. Just saying

Yea, I see no way to fire right now without paying. But it still looks bad, and wrong to reinstate him. If it goes bad it could make both the school and coach look worse. One for keeping him and the other for cheating and not even willing to walk away when caught.

After all we have seen happen at NC, UConn, Duke, Kentucky, and other big schools and the NCAA always sweeps it under the rug I don't blame LSU for wanting to keep their coach. I love watching some on here always mention Pearl lying as if they have never told one. My favorite line of all time was Tark when asked about if Kentucky would get penalized back when Hall was coach and he replied " Boy the NCAA is really mad about this, they will probably put Creighton on probation for two more years." We should have rode out the three year show cause and went to the final four twice in the last 5 years.

Reactions: DNBVOL and Tallman
We lose a coach that took us to an elite 8 over a cookout? LSU offers a kid money for play and he gets reinstated. The FBI must be a joke to the NCAA.
We lost Bruce because he lied to the NCAA, not because of the cookout.

It's no different than if you get a misdemeanor violation then decide to perjure yourself on the stand....

Don't forget, we let let a guy go for lying, when we did not want to fight... Even though not quite the same.

Thats not exactly true...they decided to fight for Bruce at first. I remember every game of the SEC suspension where the announcers brutalized the program on national TV. Through that, they stood behind him then suddenly fired him because of a bump. I have always thought that was strange. Why stand behind the guy, almost to the finish line, then fire him with a feeble excuse? The NCAA hit him with the 2 year show cause immediately. A deal of some kind was made, it was just too weird.

I think that's exactly what's going on. It sounds like he cooperated with whatever "internal investigation" LSU conducted, so they can't fire him for cause...at least not yet.

I'm not sure what LSU is thinking here, unless the AD is just bowing to a rabid fan base. Wade has been exposed, not only as a cheater, but if you read that transcript it's pretty obvious he is two-faced and frankly not a good role model or leader in the way he speaks.

Granted, he's hired to win games, but his a-hole personality came through and that will be used against him in recruiting. He's damaged goods, the self-inflicted kind, and LSU would be wise to part ways with him ASAP. No way he continues the moderate success he had before being outed.

Nothing to see here. Arizona did the same ladt year after Sean Miller denied accusations too. If the FBI gets the coaches in question convicted. Then the schools will have their proof and will fire with cause. The NCAA will be able to have a short investigation once the information of guilty/innocent is sorted out. But as for now till the FBI evidence is truly open and easily accessible if LSU fires now the buyout and everything is in question. You wait a few months and you get him and his attorneys have nothing to fight.

The end of that first sentence... Care to elaborate? I inferested to know what you are referring to. This is not a dig on my end towards you at all. I’m just curious.

I'm sorry, I used a word that is banned in this forum - but I was referencing the way Alleva originally handled the Les Miles issue.

Other posters here make some good points, if Wade tells LSU he's clean and they accept that - then they have leeway (without question) to terminate IF it turns out he lied to them. Probably not a bad strategy at this point, I guess.

I wouldn't suggest any manipulation of an audio clip because the evidence comes straight from the FBI. It is either him or it's not.

But, I believe you are correct that LSU must think that they don't have enough right now to fire him with cause. They could attempt to reach a settlement with him that would pay him something but less than his buyout, but my guess is that Wade is resisting that.

I would think they eventually part ways somehow. My thinking says that Wade will have a tough time recruiting because he will be watched and other coaches certainly have ammunition.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
The only possible way that Wade had that exact conversation on tape and, as LSU would have us believe, was not involved in wrongdoing, is if the transcript of that conversation was inaccurate.

So, at this point we are to believe that the transcript was inaccurate? This is the hill LSU chooses to die on?

What is going to start happening new, especially after the Mizzou stuff, is that the Universities have figured out it is better to go against and fight the NCAA than to aid in investigations thinking penalties will be softer.

I wouldn't suggest any manipulation of an audio clip because the evidence comes straight from the FBI. It is either him or it's not.

But, I believe you are correct that LSU must think that they don't have enough right now to fire him with cause. They could attempt to reach a settlement with him that would pay him something but less than his buyout, but my guess is that Wade is resisting that.

I would think they eventually part ways somehow. My thinking says that Wade will have a tough time recruiting because he will be watched and other coaches certainly have ammunition.

I agree. I'm just acting like a lawyer might in a court of law. They might come with a "this isn't him" or this has been tampered with" defense. What seems obvious to us might become a flimsy legal case. I have little doubt that it is what it is.

Now as to the FBI and media manipulation ... I won't say a word about that on here.

I have a larger and far more troubling Q here. How did Federal criminal evidence fall into the hands of the news media before anyone has even been charged with a crime? An alleged private telephone conversation has become public. Which Federal official(s) is going to be held accountable for this? Think about the implications.
Lawyers had to get all the lies straight.

"You know why lawyers have to be buried 20' deep as opposed to the standard 6'? Because deep down they're all good guys." - My Bro-n-Law; Atnny at Law 😯

VN Store

Back