Lovingood doesn’t play either LS position now

I keep saying it...it’s so stupid to recruit a Long Snapper as a scholarship player. Such a waste.

Scholarships are a year to year deal, not a 4 year deal. Get used to seeing a couple guys not get their schollys renewed each year with this staff. At least I hope that happens.

Reactions: Remy
He wasn't a package deal. He is a good LS. Medford is better in this staff's eyes but I remember Lovingood being not only a good snapper but also made plays down the field very well. A good punter makes that part not as big a deal but Lovingood had several scholly opportunities.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Scholarships are a year to year deal, not a 4 year deal. Get used to seeing a couple guys not get their schollys renewed each year with this staff. At least I hope that happens.

They are year to year, but initial counters are a different matter. You only get 25 of those a year.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Medford is a walk on and previous staff's eyes put Medford doing half the role.

Medford has scholarship offers from non-engineering schools and chose UT for his degree.

He wasn't a package deal. He is a good LS. Medford is better in this staff's eyes but I remember Lovingood being not only a good snapper but also made plays down the field very well. A good punter makes that part not as big a deal but Lovingood had several scholly opportunities.
Lovingoods dad was the chaplain for Tennessee Football in the 90s so I expect there may be something there.He is a good ls. nonetheless.

Hmmm, why? Was he asked to leave?

No. Dr. Punch was on with John and Jimmy last sprint talking about this. I don't remember if it was an injury or if he saw little chance of playing or what. At any rate, the family was not upset about it. It was the player's decision.

VN Store

Back