Lovecraft Country (HBO)

Its Aight. Got to see the smollet sister nude and that Korean chick so thats a huge plus

Reactions: LittleVol
Its Aight. Got to see the smollet sister nude and that Korean chick so thats a huge plus
Only reason I started watching it is because of the Jamie Chung scene, i haven't gotten to it yet. Haven't seen Smollet's yet either. It's a little too....supernaturally/sci-fi-ish for me though.

Very entertaining show. Me and the wife are glued to it every sunday evening

Is that racist creature show? Where whites are all bad or something like that?

Yea.

I am a huge lovecraft fan.

This is an abomination of lovecraft and the monster is not remotely the same as in the stories.

This is based on a novel that came out recently and follows it but makes changes such as george dying.

He was the only character I liked and now I have lost all interest.

If I was able to separate lovecraft from this I may like it better but it is nothing like his actual stuff and isnt even following the novel lovecraft country either.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Is that racist creature show? Where whites are all bad or something like that?
Pretty accurate, acutally

Season Finale was last night. I didn't so much mind the racism portrayal being that the show is set in the 1950's...where segregation was an open mechanism in society.

However, last night the ending of it and the "colored" people taking away magic from anyone who is white worldwide forever and ever wasn't a good move. I'm not sure if thats how the book was, but painting people EVIL just because of their race whether black or white is just wrong.

It was a bad move by the producers. Petty and cheap...nothing powerful about that. There would have been no successful Abolition in the 19th century if not for the White sympathizers domestic and abroad. Same for the Civil RIghts Movement in the 1960's.

It was dope. Yall complicated it too much. Its simple good vs bad.

VN Store

Back