Louisville at Ole Miss (Monday Night Football)

Louisville is garbage. I want to see how Ole Miss fares defensively against an SEC offense before I’m convinced they’ve turned the corner

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I agree with those proposing a two-tier targeting penalty.

The first-tier is a non-flagrant 15-yard, but no ejection. The second-tier is a flagrant 15-yard with ejection penalty. A player penalized twice with a non-flagrant targeting is then ejected. I think that’s a fair system. It allows more lee-way for refs in making these decisions.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I agree with those proposing a two-tier targeting penalty.

The first-tier is a non-flagrant 15-yard, but no ejection. The second-tier is a flagrant 15-yard with ejection penalty. A player penalized twice with a non-flagrant targeting is then ejected. I think that’s a fair system. It allows more lee-way for refs in making these decisions.
By that stratification, I would call the three penalties tonight a 1, 2, 2, respectively.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Late to the party here but Ole MiSS looks pretty good and Louisville is ass. Not sure if Ole Miss looks this good if UL isn’t so much ass .

This is re-affirming my view that Ole Miss will be the 3rd toughest team we'll face this year. I would not be shocked if they are 2nd best in the SEC West. It's early, of course, and Texas A&M and Auburn might also be in contention for that title, but I am not looking forward to facing this Ole Miss offense.

Are we gonna have another Majors/Fulmer controversy?

Another ejection incoming even though the QB initiated the head to head contact.

You cant run without the head leading. When is a running back going to be called? He lowers his head as well....all humans run this way. Football is over.

Reactions: Jravol78
How many have been ejected for targeting tonight?

The replay official is pissed he didn’t get an on-field assignment tonight so he’s determined to make some calls.

You cant run without the head leading. When is a running back going to be called? He lowers his head as well....all humans run this way. Football is over.
These where the runner lowers his own head have got to be addressed. The head does sit atop the shoulders and therefore comes first when traveling in a forward direction.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
Not really. The UT-GT game on Labor Day night in 2017 did a sh*t rating. These games largely depend on who is playing. I don’t think a lot of people are fired up for a Ole Miss-U of L game.
This is an oldie but goody but I remember my 91 year old grandfather saying that the Memphis hotel owners knew that Ole Miss coming to town was nothing to get excited about because they would bring a pair of drawers and a five dollar bill and they wouldn’t change either one all weekend 😂

Reactions: stolitonic

VN Store

Back