LOUDEST College Football stadium voting -OSU?

Neyland hands down when Vols are having good years. I don't know if we provoke earthquakes as I'm not sure any attempt has been made to measure that. But I wager the Tennessee river ripples when we're rocking Neyland.
Son was in P.O.T.S. Band 1998-2001. He said that the 400-piece ensemble couldn't hear themselves during the pre-game show due to the crowd cheering at Neyland.

Reactions: krichunaka
Key word in my post, "sustained." I did not say the Cotton Bowl on the 2nd Saturday in October was louder. I said that the sustained loudness; i.e., 43K yelling always regardless of who has the ball, is unique. Again, Neyland was the loudest stadium I've been in for a game.
I guess that could be true as we don't make noise when the good guys have the ball

Neyland hands down when Vols are having good years. I don't know if we provoke earthquakes as I'm not sure any attempt has been made to measure that. But I wager the Tennessee river ripples when we're rocking Neyland.
The whole earthquake crap is simply because they have seismograph a couple hundred yards away from VT Stadium and it register some jumping, VT sucks

I live 10 mins from VT and been to many VT games, its loud but when Neyland is rocking is destroys little Lane Stadium. SC game this year was louder than any VT game I've ever attended.
I read that we got up in the 110's for that one. Pretty impressive given the circumstances. Also I hate VT "we've caused earth quakes therefore we're louder argument". It's all about the proximity of where they're doing the measurements. If we were measuring for that type of thing right Next to Neyland we'd be able to claim earth quakes a few times a year. It's a disingenuous argument on their part.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
The whole earthquake crap is simply because they have seismograph a couple hundred yards away from VT Stadium and it register some jumping, VT sucks

Sounds about right from what I understand about seismographs. A few thousand humans shouldn't have the ability to invoke true ground tremors, given the amount of energy need to produce even 1.4 - 2.0 barely felt rattle. A serious dynamite blast, sure, but people yelling and stomping? I doubt it so I'm with you on this.

Reactions: lukeneyland
Sounds about right from what I understand about seismographs. A few thousand humans shouldn't have the ability to invoke true ground tremors, given the amount of energy need to produce even 1.4 - 2.0 barely felt rattle. A serious dynamite blast, sure, but people yelling and stomping? I doubt it so I'm with you on this.
Also a major factor is their entire end zone student section are metal bleachers on metal flooring, creates a bounce effect when they all are jumping. Same thing at Central Florida, which it's Stadium is called "Bounce House" due to its entirely being metal. VT sucks, and fans think they're God's gift to football. Have fun with their 72nd ranked recruiting class.

UT is by far the largest when at full capacity.. I dont think they've averaged over 80ish thousand attendance for the past few years though.

Reactions: feathersax
Ohio state is not loud.

Been to multiple games and can have a conversation at normal level.

At UT you hsve to get right next to the persons ear.

LSU is really loud though and just a tad louder than UT I think.

Ohio state is not loud.

Been to multiple games and can have a conversation at normal level.

At UT you hsve to get right next to the persons ear.

LSU is really loud though and just a tad louder than UT I think.
How do you measure a tad exactly?

I read that we got up in the 110's for that one. Pretty impressive given the circumstances. Also I hate VT "we've caused earth quakes therefore we're louder argument". It's all about the proximity of where they're doing the measurements. If we were measuring for that type of thing right Next to Neyland we'd be able to claim earth quakes a few times a year. It's a disingenuous argument on their part.
The earthquake thing is also going to be affected by other things such as the stadium design and construction materials, footings and foundations, sub-surface conditions, etc.

Reactions: lukeneyland
When we start competing with the big boys, our stands will fill. Then we be loudest again.

When we start competing with the big boys, our stands will fill. Then we be loudest again.
Yeah even with the down decade and 90% capacity we are still louder than almost everyone. When we are winning ing 10 games annually again(starting this year) and packing 105-108k in again, good night to everyone else including DV and BHG.

VN Store

Back