Lou Wright

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I heard today that he is transferring and is not on the basketball team anymore. Anyone else heard this???

JUCO transfer Lou Wright:

Junior College
Led Southwest Tennessee Community College to a third-place finish in the 1999-2000 NJCAA Tournament ... Led the Saluqis to a 23-8 record and an 11th-place finish in the 2000-01 NJCAA Tournament ... Averaged 18.0 points and 8.0 rebounds as a freshman in 1999-2000 ... Averaged 17.0 points and 7.0 rebounds while playing the small and power forward positions as a sophomore in 2000-01 ... Coached by Verties Sails, Jr..

High School
A top 100 recruit coming out of Raleigh-Egypt High School in Memphis ... Transferred to Raleigh-Egypt for his senior season after playing his first three years at national powerhouse Westchester High School in Los Angeles, Calif. ... Averaged15 points and 10 rebounds as a senior at Raleigh-Egypt ... Helped lead Westchester HS to a state championship as a sophomore in 1998 while averaging 10 points per game ... Westchester finished the 1998 season with a Division I CIF title, a 30-3 record, a No. 10 final ranking in the nation and was ranked No. 1 in the West by USA Today ... Carded a scoring averaged of 18 points to go with seven rebounds as a junior for the Comets ... Coached by Ed Azzam at Westchester HS and Jimmy Adams at Raleigh-Egypt HS.

Personal
Born: July 31, 1982 in Memphis, Tenn. ... Full Name: Herbert “Lou” Wright, Jr. ... Parents are Herbert and Lisa Wright ... Younger brother of NBA and Memphis Grizzlies star Lorenzen Wright ... Cousin of current Vol Scooter McFadgon.

Vol Freak , He left the team last week because of a lack of playing time.The 6-5 Wright played two minutes against Tennessee State and only one against Texas A&M. His longest stint was six minutes in an exhibition game.

The former top-100 prospect walked on at UT this season after a year away from the game and has been unable to crack the perimeter rotation. He previously played two years at Southwest Tennessee Community College.

That's really unfortunate and hard to believe. It's still early in the year, you would have thought he would have given it a little more time unless there were other issues or he didn't get along with the staff. I saw him play during the exhibition games and he really didn't show me much in the limited minutes that he got.

On another note I saw today where Jordan Howell (a freshman on the bb team who left school because of mono) is now back in school and may consider playing this year and not redshirting if Buzz thinks he can help the team. Apparently, he is a pretty good 3-point shooter.

You got that right. I think we need all the help we can get period. I am concerned about our inside guys as well. I don't think we have anyone that can stop a good big man.

VN Store

Back