Lots of Unrest

Lets face it, the state of Alabama has one identity and one only--Alabama football. The powers that be in that state would sacrifice their own offspring for national championships. Think about it, what else does Alabama have? Tn---country music, blues, smokies; SC--Carolina girls (best in the world ), beaches, Charleston; Ky---horses and the derby, Fla--well c'mon....etc., etc. Bubba gotta protect they birthright with all the money in the state.

So not true. That University puts a LOT of students in prestigious graduate award programs.

You CAN be good at academics and football. Only the dumbarses at UT think otherwise.....

Reactions: Big Al Orange
So not true. That University puts a LOT of students in prestigious graduate award programs.

You CAN be good at academics and football. Only the dumbarses at UT think otherwise.....
Yep, Bama is way up there... let's all run to the rankings. People all over the world are looking to go to Alabama for their great academic creds.

Reactions: kcvols1
about non-professional entertainment.

Lets' face it no program in the SEC competes with Bama. They are all mediocre compared to Bama.

How can that be?

Apparently Bama works harder and more effectively. Coaches, players, administration, faculty, etc. working together and not trying to sabotage the football program.

Lots of schools spend big on their programs but almost none of them accomplish anything. Too much inefficiency and in-fighting among the different groups in the university.

From the outside it appears UT is run by and governed by politicians. If someone doesn't like what's happening they leak damaging info to the press.

I'll get so-and-so. I have power too.[/QUOTE

It seems UT is more concerned with gender neutral pronouns and social justice than winning football games.

Lets face it, the state of Alabama has one identity and one only--Alabama football. The powers that be in that state would sacrifice their own offspring for national championships. Think about it, what else does Alabama have? Tn---country music, blues, smokies; SC--Carolina girls (best in the world ), beaches, Charleston; Ky---horses and the derby, Fla--well c'mon....etc., etc. Bubba gotta protect they birthright with all the money in the state.

That’s loser talk

As someone who lives in Alabama I can say this is definitely true. It's kind of sad. And you said it- they have nothing else. The earth does not rotate around the sun. It rotates around AL football.

Reactions: DonDiego
As someone who lives in Alabama I can say this is definitely true. It's kind of sad. And you said it- they have nothing else. The earth does not rotate around the sun. It rotates around AL football.
I spend a lot of time there for work and usually wear something vols related. The people I meet seem to have some real insecurities about the crappy state they live in. I have met a lot of people who tell me how much they love the state of Tennessee. Bama football really is all they have.

Reactions: DonDiego
I spend a lot of time there for work and usually wear something vols related. The people I meet seem to have some real insecurities about the crappy state they live in. I have met a lot of people who tell me how much they love the state of Tennessee. Bama football really is all they have.

There's plenty of nice people and I enjoy living here. But they weren't so nice when we were beating their ass. And believe me, they're obsessed with hating Fulmer. But now they're good and we're beyond terrible so they're completely indifferent to us.

What does Mississippi have?

The highest rate of overweight people.

The highest rate of people who do not graduate high school.

Highest rate of people below the poverty rate.

Lowest life expectancy rate.

2nd highest rate of teen pregnancy.

Mississippi actually has a lot to offer.

Reactions: JRich
He made the right choices early and was very successful. Now he's created a self sustaining organism. He's the best coach ever and he's also killing college football appeal...along with the 4 team CFP.

Reactions: posivol

Those backwards, slow time - fast time, inbred, college football elites put us on the moon!

Hate to burst your bubble, but the biggest reason Alabama has improved academically is directly correlated to the football programs success. Kids want to to be around a fun environment and right now Alabama is providing it. When Alabama comes back down to earth eventually and slumps so to will it with academics... Same with most SEC schools. Alabama isn’t Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, or Notre Dame who have all been historically very strong academic institutions regardless of athletics.

Reactions: feathersax
Hate to burst your bubble, but the biggest reason Alabama has improved academically is directly correlated to the football programs success. Kids want to to be around a fun environment and right now Alabama is providing it. When Alabama comes back down to earth eventually and slumps so to will it with academics... Same with most SEC schools. Alabama isn’t Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, or Notre Dame who have all been historically very strong academic institutions regardless of athletics.
No bubbles busted here. Oldest daughter looked at Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, TCU and Tennessee for a nursing major and ultimately nurse practitioner Graduate degree. 4 years ago, both Alabama and Auburn were the most aggressive recruiters in the market. (Both tours started at the stadium!) Alabama offered a full ride out of state with a 32 ACT and a 3.5 GPA, Auburn was full ride at 33 ACT, 3.5 GPA- for out of state.
I agree their improvement is directly tied to football success. The endowment has enabled them to apply the same football formula to academics. That appears to be a sustainable strategy To me. Those upwardly mobile, motivated students once graduated will feed (donate to) that beast.
My wife and I thought our daughter would go TCU or Auburn, but she grew up loving Tennessee. We fought tooth and nail to get slightly less than a full ride at UT. That for an in-state student with a 34 ACT and a 4.1 GPA from an excellent Private school in Knoxville.
The dysfunction and lack of vision at UT is remarkably profound and apparently goes into every department now.
God please bless UT, cause the humans are trying to screw it up royally.

Having lived there for a few years, I agree. The most depressing state I’ve lived in. Well tied with Mississippi.
They do have Gulf Shores / Orange Beach but that might as well be part of the panhandle.

VN Store

Back