Lorenzen Wright found dead near Memphis

So I guess he wasn't that great of a guy.

Typical though. When in doubt, sell drugs.

So I guess he wasn't that great of a guy.

Typical though. When in doubt, sell drugs.

He was a very great guy. He did a lot for the city of Memphis , and he was involved in a lot of charities. I personally met him at a Grizzlies game ,and he was a very genuine person.

He was a very great guy. He did a lot for the city of Memphis , and he was involved in a lot of charities. I personally met him at a Grizzlies game ,and he was a very genuine person.

I don't have a dog in the hunt but if I've learned anything over the years it's that our public perception of people is often in stark contrast to their personal lives, especially true of many celebrities and athletes. Maybe he was a great a guy, or maybe that was the public facade he put forth.

Drug money.

I don't have a dog in the hunt but if I've learned anything over the years it's that our public perception of people is often in stark contrast to their personal lives, especially true of many celebrities and athletes. Maybe he was a great a guy, or maybe that was the public facade he put forth.

Neither do I. But it's just typical activity for these types. What happened to starting your own business or investing? Instead you've got these guys doing nothing but corrupting the public since all they can do is dunk a basketball.

i don't have a dog in the hunt but if i've learned anything over the years it's that our public perception of people is often in stark contrast to their personal lives, especially true of many celebrities and athletes. Maybe he was a great a guy, or maybe that was the public facade he put forth.

+10000

you honestly believe his ex wife?

It's par for the course for many ex-athletes, and I hate to say it, but the fact that it's in Memphis makes it all the more plausable.

Plus, you don't get shot 12 times unless you get into some deep ish. Like drug dealing.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/21/lorenzen-wright-shooting-death-gruesome-details-murder-body-remains/

Wright was shot and killed in July 2010. A witness called 911 during the shooting ... but the caller never disclosed Wright's location. Still, Wright's family believes cops should have tracked the origin of the call with a common Internet program ... which would have allowed them to quickly locate Wright and possibly save his life.

Instead, it took cops 9 days to find Wright's body -- and by that time, the family claims ... "the exposure to the elements including substantial rain, extreme heat, indigenous animals and insects had reduced the remains" from roughly 225 lbs to 57 lbs."

So why didn't the cops have Internet access???? Wright's family claims officials had BLOCKED the police from using online programs because certain officers had been abusing their web access.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/07/20/Germantown2.pdf

Last edited:
Lorenzen WrightÂ’s ex-wife spent most of his $1 million life insurance in ten months

When money rolls in, tragedy soon follows.

Over the course of his NBA career, Lorenzen Wright earned an estimated $55.2 million in salary. He died in 2010, shot to death, his body left to decompose in the woods southeast of Memphis.

But the battle over what remains of his estate continues. Sherra Robinson Wright, whose divorce from Wright was finalized only a few months before his death, received a $1 million life insurance settlement 14 months after his passing. And according to the Memphis Commercial Appeal, it took her only 10 months to spend $973,000 of that.

Spending, as documented by the Commercial Appeal, included:
• $32,000 for a Cadillac Escalade
• $26,000 for a Lexus
• $69,000 on furniture
• $11,750 for a New York trip
• $339,000 for purchase and improvement to a new home
• $7,100 for a pool deposit
• $5,000 for lawn equipment
• $34,000 on legal fees

At issue, other family members contend, is that the proceeds were designated to support the couple's six children.

VN Store

Back