Looks like Tennessee vs Vanderbilt may not happening... Vandy players "opting out" of UGA game

Word around Nashville is that she hasn't earned being on the team, let alone playing time, nor the authority to address the team at halftime. This rubs players who have worked to see the field the wrong way. It's not so much that she is a girl, but that she is receiving special treatment for being a girl. It is all for publicity and a distraction from an abysmal season. Not sure if the direct mention is warranted, but I think they are insinuating the rumors are true and the players are really opting out because of her and not COVID.
Is this post referencing the Vols and a certain QB, or Vandy and the soccer player?
GBO!!

Reactions: Bigorangedan23
In my opinion, yes and it's not because of her gender. What has she earned that entitles her to stand up and give a halftime talk? That has to be earned, otherwise you're just going to piss people off.

Heck, let Vandy be Vandy. We have enough issues within our own locker room to throw stones.

Reactions: vol1981
I donā€™t have an issue with her talking to the team. She already helped her team win an SEC championship this year. Sheā€™s doing them a favor, she could just go to class and enjoy her life.

If some football players, who havenā€™t won a game, get their little feelings hurt over getting some advice and wanna take their ball and go home...they ainā€™t tough enough to play in this league anyway.

And if it was just a publicity stunt and sheā€™s getting ā€œusedā€ by the grown ups, thatā€™s on them, not on her.

Some folks will complain about anything.

Word around Nashville is that she hasn't earned being on the team, let alone playing time, nor the authority to address the team at halftime. This rubs players who have worked to see the field the wrong way. It's not so much that she is a girl, but that she is receiving special treatment for being a girl. It is all for publicity and a distraction from an abysmal season. Not sure if the direct mention is warranted, but I think they are insinuating the rumors are true and the players are really opting out because of her and not COVID.
Wow...so because they are a bunch of lameass football players that can't win an SEC game they go and blame the girl?

Was Breitbart's snide comment at Sarah Fuller really warranted?

Iā€™d say itā€™s fair game with all the hullabaloo about her appearance. Sure, I guess itā€™s an accomplishment but it was also a 30 yard kick. There is a reason why the US Womenā€™s soccer team doesnā€™t play against males above the U14 level.

You all may not agree with me but here is where I am coming from. My son (Soph in HS) was in a HS similar situation when the top 2 kickers on HS team were lost 2 weeks before the season. He has a soccer background and made his HS soccervarsity team as a freshman. He ended up doing kickoffs and punts for his football team this year (actually, he got so time at safety too but that's another discussion).

I saw enough of her goal kicks/indirect kicks in the few moments I watched of their game against us in the SEC women's soccer tourney to know she has a similar (or maybe stronger) foot to my son based on some of the free kicks he's had some similar spots on the soccer field. I assume that she probably could have placed the ball somewhere around the 5 yard line with decent (but not great elevation) based on how the son's kickoffs. Factoring in the fact that she likely does not know many of the kickoff coverages, her experience, the lack of optimal elevation, and distance, Vandy chose to try to squib towards the corner hoping it would find a dead area around the 30 yard line.

She, just like my son, is not a D1 kicker. The locker room speech stuff, if true, is yeah, a little corny.
Legend has it that he is still talking about his son.

You all may not agree with me but here is where I am coming from. My son (Soph in HS) was in a HS similar situation when the top 2 kickers on HS team were lost 2 weeks before the season. He has a soccer background and made his HS soccervarsity team as a freshman. He ended up doing kickoffs and punts for his football team this year (actually, he got so time at safety too but that's another discussion).

I saw enough of her goal kicks/indirect kicks in the few moments I watched of their game against us in the SEC women's soccer tourney to know she has a similar (or maybe stronger) foot to my son based on some of the free kicks he's had some similar spots on the soccer field. I assume that she probably could have placed the ball somewhere around the 5 yard line with decent (but not great elevation) based on how the son's kickoffs. Factoring in the fact that she likely does not know many of the kickoff coverages, her experience, the lack of optimal elevation, and distance, Vandy chose to try to squib towards the corner hoping it would find a dead area around the 30 yard line.

She, just like my son, is not a D1 kicker. The locker room speech stuff, if true, is yeah, a little corny.

That squib kick was high and long enough to make a 26 yard field goal.

This comes down to the Vanderbilt players just being a bunch of lame dudes tired of getting beat on and finding an excuse to quit.

It was a very big deal to watch a female kicker trot out there and break that barrier.
Had that kick made it to an upback that played a little offense , and he managed to find a lane to run through, she would have been tasked to be one person that was eligible to tackle him....think about that.

Now imagine if she would have tackled the ball carrier had it been returnable...
Her putting herself out on the field of play exposed her to that potential danger.

Women that train hard still have less bone density than an average man of similar size.

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
I'll say this. Sarah Fuller may be a fantastic person. She may be a doctor one day and save 10,000 lives. I don't know what she studies and what she plans on doing with the rest of her life. Hopefully, she does a lot of wonderful things.

What I do know is that whatever she accomplishes, she owes it all to sexism.

Because sexism saved her from the greatest rear end-whipping ever recorded in human history. If she were a man, she'd be drinking from a straw for a long time. To join a new group of people that you don't know who have a common bond forged through years of physical sacrifice and do that. You have not been a part of that group and are going to be gone as quickly as you came, and decide to tell them what's wrong with them and what they should be and what they should do.

Be thankful sexism is alive and well, Ms. Fuller. Had you been treated equally, the consequences of punishment from the criminal justice system would have been the only thing to protect you.

But, but, it's politically correct. (What happens when men want to play on the women's basketball team? Will they be discriminated against because of their gender?)

Reactions: 91Vol and onevol74
I'll say this. Sarah Fuller may be a fantastic person. She may be a doctor one day and save 10,000 lives. I don't know what she studies and what she plans on doing with the rest of her life. Hopefully, she does a lot of wonderful things.

What I do know is that whatever she accomplishes, she owes it all to sexism.

Because sexism saved her from the greatest rear end-whipping ever recorded in human history. If she were a man, she'd be drinking from a straw for a long time. To join a new group of people that you don't know who have a common bond forged through years of physical sacrifice and do that. You have not been a part of that group and are going to be gone as quickly as you came, and decide to tell them what's wrong with them and what they should be and what they should do.

Be thankful sexism is alive and well, Ms. Fuller. Had you been treated equally, the consequences of punishment from the criminal justice system would have been the only thing to protect you.

Thatā€™s weak sauce 99.

Thatā€™s weak sauce 99.

Not weak sauce.

Think of the whole picture.

You have a group of people who bust their rear and physically sacrifice for one another. Then someone, who has not contributed in any way to the good of the group or suffered any of the hardships that the rest of the group have in common.......someone who is joining the group today and will be gone tomorrow.....that someone is going to stand in front of that group and be critical of them.

Imagine a kicker on an NFL team who was picked up on waivers this week trying to pull the same thing in the locker room of the New York Jets (to pick a losing team). That would have flown for 5 seconds if that. They would have had to get that poor soul out of the locker room to protect him.....which is the reason it wouldn't happen.....because no one is that damn stupid.

Sorry, not weak sauce.

VN Store

Back