Looks like TE Vol Commit Hudson Wolfe season is over?

Tnphil

I don't think he's played in any games at Hardin County this season?

WTF has been going on with our tight ends and oline the past few years?!? Other than Michael Rivera, it seems like they have all either underperformed or medically retired!

I had the same surgery in college due to high school weight lifting. You recover in 3 months. It made me 100% pain free immediately. However, it took over a year for my body to really feel ready to cut well again and be comfortable competing at the same level.

Not good. Back surgery at 18 isn’t a good sign.
My 18 year old (6'4" -275) had surgery for a C4-5 disc rupture 3 1/2 weeks ago. He injured himself June '19 and has lived with terrible sciatic pain until the surgery. Terrible post op pain for a couple of weeks. Just now stabilizing. He has two disc that are degenerated and will never regenerate and he will always be at risk of a bad lift putting him on his back again. I feel for both these kids.

What happen to him?

Been sorta quiet here as to his situation. It seems he had a back injury sometime last year (not to serious) maybe happened at a camp. It is thought that UT has had some input into having it fixed now rather than later when things could be more time sensitive or the injury could be more serious because of more contact. Another factor is that his family as had a few bad outcomes from C-19. Young man has been on the sideline of his high school home games. This seems to be a preventive maintenance procedure that has been able to be taken care of due to an opportunity presented by C-19. Now, what I am saying is local rumor I have confidence in, I have not discussed with family members I am friends with.

Reactions: Tnphil
I had the same surgery in college due to high school weight lifting. You recover in 3 months. It made me 100% pain free immediately. However, it took over a year for my body to really feel ready to cut well again and be comfortable competing at the same level.
Do you even lift bro

My 18 year old (6'4" -275) had surgery for a C4-5 disc rupture 3 1/2 weeks ago. He injured himself June '19 and has lived with terrible sciatic pain until the surgery. Terrible post op pain for a couple of weeks. Just now stabilizing. He has two disc that are degenerated and will never regenerate and he will always be at risk of a bad lift putting him on his back again. I feel for both these kids.

That’s too bad about your son. I hope the pain will go away. Maybe in the future, there will be some way to replace/reinforce those discs so he isn’t so much at risk.

That’s too bad about your son. I hope the pain will go away. Maybe in the future, there will be some way to replace/reinforce those discs so he isn’t so much at risk.
Thank-you for that. I hadn't even thought about it from the future of medical technology standpoint. The procedure they used on him was pretty incredible in itself. It's tough seeing your kid carrying a cane.

I had the 1990s version of the same surgery at 35 yrs of age. Saved my life. Obviously had a great doctor, did all my post op PT, and got lucky. I remember the doc asking me what I wanted to do most...I said snow skiing. He said “you are good to go.” He was right. Now at 62 I’ve overdone it a time or 20 but with a stretching routine I’m ok within a week or so. The kid should be fine if he does what the docs and PTs tell him and hopefully he had a good doctor.

VN Store

Back