Looks like targeting will be more like futbol

Its the one thing that needs to be fixed the most. There's literally hundreds of ways things can go wrong in a millisecond and Bam you're gone to the locker room. Lot of times the offensive guy initiated targeting going in with head down or lowered at the last second and yet the defensive player was flagged. I understand the safety aspect for it I just don't think it's something you can legislate to completely fix it. I'd be on board for a flagrant 1 and 2. I bet if you reviewed all targeting penalties that 95% weren't intentional but by the rules they were the definition of targeting

the rule I would like to see fixed is offensive facemask. Not sure why the ball carrier gets a free pass to grab/yank the facemask of the defender trying to bring them down. if its about player safety it needs to be called on all sides.

it would be nice if they brought back the intentional call to facemasks as well. touching is apparently the same as grabbing and yanking.

I would like to see them back off the roughing the passer stuff. This is what rushing the QB will look like 10 years from now if the keep tweaking things.
giphy (4).gif

VN Store

Back