looks like Jazmine is leaving

Following her commitment in Jan. 2017 (Maria Cornelius’ article)

“I told my mother, ‘I really want to go to Tennessee.’ Ever since I was a young girl, I knew I always knew that I wanted to come to Tennessee because Candace Parker was my favorite player, so I wanted to follow her. I just felt like it was right. I was following my dreams.

“I was thinking about it and I came to my mom. I was like, ‘Mom, I am going to do it. I am going to commit to Tennessee.’ ”

Jazmine Massengill commits to Lady Vols

The power of the portal....

Why is someone said that Zay removed all her lady vols from Instagram? Somebody tell me some about zay not Jaz. If they ever allow players to transfer without sitting for a season the game will be over. it will be crazy.

totally agree!

Well, since it looks like this is the real McCoy, I have to wonder two things (and if we'll ever find out):

1. Why does Jaz think this will be in her "best interest"? She's a starter in one of the toughest conferences. She improved a lot under Kellie. Does she feel that prospective contenders will be interested in her, would she prefer a backup role on such a team to a starting role on a rebuilding Tenn. team, or is there a conflict with staff or team members?

2. Why did the person who wrote the script in the initial announcement feel that Jaz will make a "major impact" on any program?

(Not meaning to disparage Jaz, especially since I like her, but she seems like a steady hand who is consistent...not an impact player using the common definition of "game-changer." She's not a big scoring threat and seems right now to be someone who could contribute to a team lacking a point guard...like us...or who needs a good bench contributor. She was our most-improved player from freshman to sophomore year, but unless she grows by leaps and bounds, that announcement seems awfully hyperbolic...as though it was written by an agent. I can't imagine most of the top teams are just drooling over the news. Anyway, best of luck to her in the future).

Is entering the transfer portal the same as floating your name in the draft, as local boy Mac McClung from Gate City did recently? Can a player enter the transfer portal and then remove her name? If so, has anyone done that? It would seem to make for an awkward situation, particularly for players with more than one year of eligibility left.

Haven't heard anything official from Green yet, so hoping the thread about her is just mistaken. What would have seemed to be a very promising situation would turn into a back-to-the-drawing board scenario. If that happens, at least we'll be able to see how Kellie can build a team using her own recruits. Immediate playing time will be opening up for interested parties.

I'm guessing she's off to play with her girlfriend. :rolleyes: Anyone who thinks this isn't a big loss isn't paying attention. Suddenly the pressure is on Kellie to find a quality grad transfer point guard or next year's team is in serious trouble...

Who is her girl friend?

Reactions: Flovol
I'll take the obvious reason that no one has considered.....Mass has heard there is a portal point guard transfer coming to the LVs, and she wants no part of it....

Got to satay positive guys....
giphy.gif

Can't imagine that Vic would go after her. He's already loaded at the G-W spots.

If anything, I'd guess that he loses Xaria and they become a package deal to some other school.

Until Coronavirus took over the world, everyone in college hoops was expecting Vic to take over a different program after there was a retirement. With the way the season ended, it appears at this point that retirement isn't happening and Vic is staying in Starkville for another year.

Regardless, the immediate eligibility rule is likely to pass in June, so portal season is going to be very interesting to watch.

Until Coronavirus took over the world, everyone in college hoops was expecting Vic to take over a different program after there was a retirement. With the way the season ended, it appears at this point that retirement isn't happening and Vic is staying in Starkville for another year.

Regardless, the immediate eligibility rule is likely to pass in June, so portal season is going to be very interesting to watch.

So was the rumour that Blair was going to retire before the start of next season, and Vic was tapped to replace him? Would be a dumb move IMO. He's gonna have a great team at MSST next season.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
So was the rumour that Blair was going to retire before the start of next season, and Vic was tapped to replace him? Would be a dumb move IMO. He's gonna have a great team at MSST next season.

He's an Aggie. His kids, other than the daughter that played for him at MSU, are Aggies. They are building a (allegedly) vacation home near College Station. He's going to A&M one day, it's just a matter of what day that is.

He's an Aggie. His kids, other than the daughter that played for him at MSU, are Aggies. They are building a (allegedly) vacation home near College Station. He's going to A&M one day, it's just a matter of what day that is.
Not saying I don't think he's going there at some point. I think that was a foregone conclusion. Just saying he would be unwise to pull the trigger now when he'll have a national championship contending team for at least the next 2 seasons.

Also, didn't Blair go to TAMU for her Master's?

Not a good look for Kellie and her staff to have one of your SEC media days reps leaving less than a year later...
You’re talking about the gal that hired her friggin husband for her staff?
Sure, that’s a good plan.

Not saying I don't think he's going there at some point. I think that was a foregone conclusion. Just saying he would be unwise to pull the trigger now when he'll have a national championship contending team for at least the next 2 seasons.

Also, didn't Blair go to TAMU for her Master's?

If he passes on A&M now it won’t be open for him again.

VN Store

Back