Looks like it’s Tenn, Aub & Ark left

There may be only one Big 10 team remaining after this weekend so everyone is overrated. If Baylor loses to a really good UNC team then I guess they are overrated too in some people’s eyes. It’s called March Madness for a reason.
Baylor wasn’t overrated imo even if they lose due to how seriously injuries gutted them

Reactions: VolPack22
Three losses and Ark barely beat Vermont. Thank God for us and Auburn. SEC overrated themselves and will pay the price in future brackets.
It didn’t hurt the Big 10 after their face plant last tournament. They went 8-9 with nine teams in the tournament. They could have a similar record after this weekend too. They were the first team in the history of the NCAAT to get more than 7 teams in and finish with a losing record. The bias is real with that conference.

What will people say whenever the SEC is 6-3 after this weekend, while the Big 10 is 6-7 or 7-6? But I guess they still deserved 3 more teams than any other conference this year lol

Reactions: Rickyvol77
There may be only one Big 10 team remaining after this weekend so everyone is overrated. If Baylor loses to a really good UNC team then I guess they are overrated too in some people’s eyes. It’s called March Madness for a reason.
That’s for sure. Any team can lose at any time if you don’t bring your A game. And it’s hard to bring it 6 games in a row.

Lol, another lesson not to get involved in discussions before having my morning coffee. 🤪 Don’t know why I put Kansas. I meant to say Purdue, even though beating Yale by 18 isn’t exactly dominating.
All is forgiven. Just remember today is game day. Have your morning coffee in your lucky Big Orange cup to keep our mojo and luck going. GBO!

Reactions: TrapVol
Michigan will be a battle. They were 11-7 in a league that is better than the overrated SEC. Light everyone is saying. We have to make shots.
Wouldn't expect anything less than a battle. The SEC was probably overrated but how many times out of 100 do you think UK loses to St Peter's? Illinois should have lost to Chattanooga. St Mary's monkey stomped one of the teams that got in ahead of A&M.

There's more basketball to be played before declaring that the Big 10 was "great" or the SEC sucked.

Wouldn't expect anything less than a battle. The SEC was probably overrated but how many times out of 100 do you think UK loses to St Peter's? Illinois should have lost to Chattanooga. St Mary's monkey stomped one of the teams that got in ahead of A&M.

There's more basketball to be played before declaring that the Big 10 was "great" or the SEC sucked.
If the Big 10 doesn’t put any teams or only a single team into the Sweet 16 then that would be a massive failure for the “premier conference” in college basketball. If your conference makes up 13% of the entire field then you should at the very least get 2 or 3 into the Sweet 16.

Reactions: Lankykong and sjt18
If the Big 10 doesn’t put any teams or only a single team into the Sweet 16 then that would be a massive failure for the “premier conference” in college basketball. If your conference makes up 13% of the entire field then you should at the very least get 2 or 3 into the Sweet 16.
I'll be surprised if they don't. They got pretty favorable seeding.

Reactions: Lankykong
I don’t think judging an entire conference on tournament games is very accurate just like it’s not for bowl games in football either. Anything can happen in one game especially in basketball. It’s fun for bragging rights but all it takes is for one mid major to get hot from deep and they can beat anyone in a one game situation.

Just curious, what makes you think that the Big Ten is so much better than the SEC? Iowa knocked out in the first round by a 12 seed. Illinois probably should’ve been beaten by Chattanooga and escaped by the skin of their teeth. Michigan State barely got by Davidson. Ohio State‘s offense looked unimpressive in their first match up. Wisconsin nearly got upset by 14 seed Colgate. Indiana got blasted by St. Mary’s. And then there’s Michigan, a team with 14 losses who played like crap in the first half until turning it on to get by Colorado State in the second. I’ll hand it to Purdue, they beat mighty Yale by 18 points.

By contrast, Alabama lost a key player to injury, and LSU lost their coach. Kentucky is the biggest failure, of course. And we all know Texas A&M was screwed.

I watched most of the 2nd half, and Chattanooga gave that game away. It seemed everything they did was living on the edge. Illinois did OK at the end, but Chattanooga made it easy for them to stay in the game. Other than the big center for Illinois, I was not impressed at all with either team.

It is so nice to have good point guard play on our team. I would not have wanted to be a fan of either Illinois or Chattanooga. I would be pulling my hair out.

I
Michigan will be a battle. They were 11-7 in a league that is better than the overrated SEC. Light everyone is saying. We have to make shots.
I am expecting a tough game, but am not ready to sing the praises of the Big10. They have already lost Indiana, Iowa, and Rutgers and Illinois almost got beat by UTC. I want to see who is left after the second round before concluding which conference is overrated.

Reactions: Lankykong
Three losses and Ark barely beat Vermont. Thank God for us and Auburn. SEC overrated themselves and will pay the price in future brackets.

Auburn lucked up and ended up with, by far, the easiest path to the Final Four. The side of the bracket is soft. Miami's not a pushover, but still better than drawing Ohio State, Michigan State, or Murray State. Wisconsin is easily the most overrated 3 seed. They should've been closer to a 5. If Kansas makes it to the Elite Eight, they'll be tough, but Auburn's road before that is comparatively easy.

The Big 10 got 9 teams last year, including 2 1s and 2 2s. 8 were done after the first weekend. This year, they got 9 again, including several that didn't deserve to be in the field at all. The prior year has no bearing on the next year.

As someone noted above, the Big10 is as overrated as the SEC. Chattanoga SHOULD have beaten Illinois--led the entire game, had a relatively easy shot for the win and he clanged it. Davidson had a great chance to knock off MSU but they couldn't make a shot in the last 5 minutes of the game. Give credit to MSU for stout defense down the stretch, but Davidson missed some easy shots. Wisconsin struggled with Colgate. As for the SEC, bama, lsu and kentucky all played like crap.

The key was the B1G teams won while the SEC teams lost.

Alabama and Kentucky were both embarrassing. I knew LSU would lose all along and I thought they at least gave a good effort against Iowa State.

Three losses and Ark barely beat Vermont. Thank God for us and Auburn. SEC overrated themselves and will pay the price in future brackets.[/QUOTE
LSU players had had very little chance to win after the debacle Wade made for them. Bama would’ve won with JQ. Hard to recover losing your leader, primary ball handler, and scorer. The Wildkittens??? Got outplayed and had two guards that can’t shoot …
Hopefully SEC make some elite 8 runs

I don't think this is the case. As the OP pointed out one team lost their head coach and the other loses their PG. And you think they're going to punish the SEC in the future because of Kentucky?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I don't think this is the case. As the OP pointed out one team lost their head coach and the other loses their PG. And you think they're going to punish the SEC in the future because of Kentucky?
Will depend how the remaining SEC games go. If only 1 team remains after today, yes I believe victories inside the SEC will be devalued.

Reactions: BreatheUT

VN Store

Back