Looks like beer at Neyland was a success

Elitist mindframe because some people don’t have a problem with pricing. You ain’t going to Neyland for food selection. If a $12 beer is gonna make or break your wallet, you prolly shouldn’t be going to a football game in the first place. Concessions are hardly one of the bigger line item expenses for going to a game

Concessions are not a larger expense of a game. But twelve bucks for a beer is excessive exploitation of fan loyalty. There is no doubt. If you cannot see that is out of line, then your nose is way too high above the rest of your face. jmho

Concessions are not a larger expense of a game. But twelve bucks for a beer is excessive exploitation of fan loyalty. There is no doubt. If you cannot see that is out of line, then your nose is way too high above the rest of your face. jmho

Bless your heart.

All these people complaining about concession high prices. Don’t wanna pay it don’t buy it. You can’t take food into the movies but have to pay the high prices to eat or drink. Most top name concerts have outrageous concession prices. Depends on the venue I would say. Ever bought food at Disney?

This thread has turned into a ridiculous discussion. It’s actually pretty simple. If you want the food or beverages for the cost that they are in the stadium, buy them. If you don’t want the food or beverages at the cost they are in the stadium, don’t buy them. Don’t fault people for either choice they make. The lines and revenue show the prices are working out just fine with less incidents. End of thread and thanks for reading.

This is crazy, in a Disaster, there are people that can't buy anything, as their money etc. floated away, got burned up, etc. To charge anyone in this type of situation for water should be a crime- it is despicable. I'd be ashamed of myself for trying to profit off a bottle of water during a Natural Disaster. I suppose selling food to a displaced child would okay? I hope not.
I think that money is one of the first things that people grab in a disaster. The possibility of a sudden disaster where people would not be able to grab their cash is very remote.
Not trying to argue, just my opinion.

Last edited:
All these people trashing folks who object to paying twelve dollars for a beer at our alma mater's stadium can go-to Nashville for an NFL game. They are the same kind of people who support charging diabetics seven hundred dollars a month for insulin while dumping their cancerous garbage into our water.

Last edited:
What I find funny is all the proponents of selling beer at the game are the ones bitching about the expense and somehow claiming they are getting gouged because it's not the same price as the Natty Light in their coolers at the car. We are truly an entitled fan base.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
All these people trashing folks who object to paying twelve dollars for a beer at our alma mater's stadium can go-to Nashville for an NFL game. They are the same kind of people who support charging diabetics seven hundred dollars a month while dumping their cancerous garbage into our water.

(blue font) Here we go the elevated reasoned approach that if you support $12 beer you immediately hate diabetics and want them to pay insane prices for insulin. Had to have been an Oxford scholar at the bare minimum.

Price gauging starts when you buy tickets for a game,if you’re going to pay a ridiculous price for a ticket probably shouldn’t complain about concessions.

(blue font) Here we go the elevated reasoned approach that if you support $12 beer you immediately hate diabetics and want them to pay insane prices for insulin. Had to have been an Oxford scholar at the bare minimum.

Wrong. Pattern recognition is a function of normal intelligence, not elevated reasoning. It requires no scholarship to Oxford, just normal intelligence and integrity. So why are you misrepresenting me and this issue with such pathetically false ridicule?

I think that money is one of the first things that people grab in a disaster. The possibility of a sudden disaster where people would not be able to grab their cash is very remote.
Not trying to argue, just my opinion.
Tornados catch people away from home or near their ATM all the time, look at what happened in Oxford, however; I will never get on board with charging people, for food and water during a natural disaster. The "market sets the price" is only true for some things, not for others, example: electricity, sewer and water service. These monopolies give up their "right" to over charge (gouge) in order to be the only provider. It is far more complex than a few would have you believe. For the record, I don't care what is charged for beer at Neyland, but of the 1.5 million in sales, I'd like to know what UT's cut (profit) was. Aramark is not known to give up even once cent of profit- nation wide.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Tornados catch people away from home or near their ATM all the time, look at what happened in Oxford, however; I will never get on board with charging people, for food and water during a natural disaster. The "market sets the price" is only true for some things, not for others, example: electricity, sewer and water service. These monopolies give up their "right" to over charge (gouge) in order to be the only provider. It is far more complex than a few would have you believe. For the record, I don't care what is charged for beer at Neyland, but of the 1.5 million in sales, I'd like to know what UT's cut (profit) was. Aramark is not known to give up even once cent of profit- nation wide.

Aramark? The way Tennessee politicians are trending, we should ask if they have sold a percentage to Vladimir Putin.

Reactions: I40flyer
Aramark? The way Tennessee politicians are trending, we should ask if they have sold a percentage to Vladimir Putin.
Aramark is the TN food vendor and the vendor that got the beer license for Neyland-I'm not pointing any fingers, but I wonder if any of our politico's sons have suddenly been hired as consultants or the like.....

Soda is something children can drink. Beer isn’t. Not the same thing basilio. Having a kid smell like a beer is ridiculous

Kids shouldn’t drink soda it’s terrible for them. All the sugar and carbs change your brain for the worse. In a few decades people will finally realize it’s as bad as letting your child smoke cigarettes.

It should be illegal to price gouge at events... Oregon has a written law against it... airports, concerts, football games etc have to sell beer and other merchandise at the same rates as pubs and retail around the area do.

They lock you from exiting the stadium for four hours, then force you to pay 3 times the value of basic consumable items (not to mention they don't even have a smoking area... which is ridiculous and inconsiderate............ I don't even smoke, but I frequent games with people that do, and some of them act like they're about to die after four hours without a smoke... it doesn't take any effort to gate an area outside the stadium for smokers to do their thing without forfeiting their tickets)

They'd make just as much money with more people willing to participate in concessions and it would create an atmosphere that people aren't feeling like they're being taken advantage of... which would increase ticket sales... more sell-outs... better looks from recruits... all the things better by just setting reasonable prices and setting up reasonable things like a smoking section outside the stadium.

As far as alcohol sales goes... I don't know why it was ever not a thing? Prohibition has been gone for far too long to be concerned about these things at a college campus where tailgating is one of the major selling points... stupid rules are stupid

Been there but I would still rather live in East Tennessee.

Shake your head all you want, but it gets stupid here sometimes with $25.99 prices on a case of water they usually get $3.99 for. Its not everywhere, but its definitely an issue. Its not "basic economics".

Then keep 5 or 6 cases around at all times. I do this and dont have to worry about hurricanes.

Reactions: 12 Monkeys

VN Store

Back