Looking for Pons to be the biggest surprise of 2019-20 season

iKrager

Hard to have stats when you’re sitting on the bench. Read the thread
Nice, there was no mention of his stats or his performance on page 6(the page we’re on). His athleticism is still at an elite level. Maybe him getting quality PT can progress him as a player. It worked with Alexander and Schofield.

Roustabout

Nice, there was no mention of his stats or his performance on page 6(the page we’re on). His athleticism is still at an elite level. Maybe him getting quality PT can progress him as a player. It worked with Alexander and Schofield.
Admiral really put it upon himself and did the off-season work regarding his shot and ball handling. Turned himself into a legit guard.
Pons is struggling in a euro summer league that is likely not focusing on this.

pimo1

Sad Panda
Hi numbers were terrible. Even given the level of competition and his limited minutes he had a +/- in the negative and none of his numbers were impressive.. in his best games he literally did nothing. Who knows maybe we don't know the full story and he played the role he was given quite well but at this point I don't see the upside of him playing for France other than a lesson in humility. He was playing against mostly NIT level competition and his numbers there were funny enough about that same as his averages here last year.

In his latest episode of the College Hoops Today podcast where he interviewed Bruce Pearl, Jon Rothstein named off a few potential breakout players in the SEC this season and said Yves Pons was one of them.

I think we can safely assume Rothstein has no idea what he's talking about here. Would love for him to be right, but man, that seems ridiculously far off base.

JbVols865

I love pons but he looks lost with the ball in his hands if not passing immediately and sometimes looks lost without it. My favorite play is a pons alley oop though!

VN Store

Sponsors