Looking at our 2022 schedule

How is this not going to be a stellar year? Am I unrealistic in seeing 10 winnable games? Assuming we pick up a few decent transfers from the portal and continue to improve, it looks very promising to me. Of course all games are theoretically winnable but how do you see it?

Ball St at home (Cupcake game)
Pitt on the road (No Pickett, we should get revenge)
Akron at home (Cupcake game)
Florida at home (new head coach, who knows what they'll look like?)
LSU on the road (new head coach, who knows what they'll look like?)
Alabama at home (Maybe we'll play them close 3 and a half quarters this time)
UT Martin at home (Cupcake game)
Kentucky at home (They may have a new coach too, Stoops may move to another school. either way...W)
Georgia on the road (Still going to be a tough game no matter what)
Missouri at home (We'll destroy them again)
SC on the road (We'll destroy them again)
Vandy on the road (Is it really "on the road" though?)

If we get some defensive help and OL help, and Hooker comes back, yeah, 10 wins is absolutely on the table.

While pitt will definitely get worse from losing Pickett. Who knows with Lsu and Florida. On top of that we lose a lot of depth this year. Next year could be worse then this one boys. It will take a couple seasons before we get back the quality depth needed to get 9 or 10 wins in the sec.

Reactions: robed20
How is this not going to be a stellar year? Am I unrealistic in seeing 10 winnable games? Assuming we pick up a few decent transfers from the portal and continue to improve, it looks very promising to me. Of course all games are theoretically winnable but how do you see it?

Ball St at home
Pitt on the road
Akron at home
Florida at home
LSU on the road
Alabama at home
UT Martin at home
Kentucky at home
Georgia on the road
Missouri at home
SC on the road
Vandy on the road
I agree that only 2 games look like there is a high probability of losing but that back to back of Florida at home and LSU on the road will be tough. Winnable? Sure. That isn’t the same thing as likely winning both though as the odds are UT won’t win both. It’s more likely you split there. It’s possible another game gets dropped as well but 9-3 seems reasonable today. However, we have no idea who will be back, especially at QB, who UF or LSU will hire, and many other things that will all factor in. 9-3 if all our eligible players return. If Hooker goes and Milton is our starter then 7-8 wins is more likely. Even that’s assuming he doesn’t take a major step forward, which is very possible. I’m sure we will revisit this topic several times between now and game 1 next year.

Reactions: robed20

Ball St at home
Pitt on the road
Akron at home
Florida at home
LSU on the road
Alabama at home
UT Martin at home
Kentucky at home
Georgia on the road
Missouri at home
SC on the road
Vandy on the road
Favorable schedule for sure.

Pitt should be down.
Florida should see a heavy roster turnover. Year One coach.
LSU - see above
UK in Neyland

We have to pull in quality transfers to create depth and new starters at multiple spots. Assuming we get some of our current guys back for their extra year, there is a path to somewhere between 10-2 and 8-4. Still not ready to Bama or Georgia, but it's a great year to catch Florida and LSU.

UT’s roster will be depleted even further next season, IMO. They will lose many key players. I expect next season to go much like this season.

I've heard the soonest they could jump is 2023. Not too worried about it.
The buyout to leave the conference us like 85 million. There are negotiations going on to pay around 50 Million to leave and Join league in 23 .lots of dollars 💸 if they leave early. In CHRIST Alone

That Florida, LSU and Bama run looks a lot like the old Florida, Georgia, Bama schedule. They all better be on alert next year. Especially if we sure up a SOLID OL, find a RB as good or better than Ty and Hen Dog comes back.

While pitt will definitely get worse from losing Pickett. Who knows with Lsu and Florida. On top of that we lose a lot of depth this year. Next year could be worse then this one boys. It will take a couple seasons before we get back the quality depth needed to get 9 or 10 wins in the sec.
UT has no depth. That’s the problem. Youngsters better step up

Reactions: JacketVol
don't take no rocket scientist to see ten wins there! Course I'm talking if we played them right now! Next year probably win 11 or 12!

Our stock is high. Hopefully we can pick off some good recruits. The whole team can recruit at this point.

Normally, I am one who hates on the people saying we have to win a certain number of games. But this schedule is very favorable given a weak SEC East and the non-conference being close to a cakewalk.

IF HOOKER RETURNS it would be unacceptable to go anything worse than 7-5.
If he doesn't, we still should probably be setting that as a near floor.

But LSU and UF will still likely have a talent gap over us if they find a half decent coach. So the ceiling may not end up being too high either.

Ball St at home. Win
Pitt on the road. Win
Akron at home. Win
Florida at home. Win
LSU on the road loss
Alabama at home loss
UT Martin at home. Win
Kentucky at home. Win
Georgia on the road. Loss
Missouri at home. Win
SC on the road. Win
Vandy on the road. Win
9-3
On to 2023

The problem is every team plans on “continuing to improve” and hitting the transfer portal/recruiting at high level. Then you have teams like Florida that regardless of their previous season, when looking over their schedule, count us as an automatic win the same we do Kentucky/Carolina/Vanderbilt because of history. Yes, we should beat Pitt because they lose a lot more than us, and we should beat Florida at home because they are a dumpster fire. Let’s say we win those two, the assumption then is everything else stays the same and we go 9-3 instead of 7-5. The next logical progression is to say “LSU is a dumpster fire too, we can beat them” to get to 10-2. However, no one wants to consider the possibility that someone like Carolina could also improve considerably, catch us on a bad day, and beat us at home for a signature win.

If Hooker, Mays, Tillman, and Evans return, then I’ll say 9-3, which in the modern SEC is a fantastic year. Even Ole Miss and A&M who have a couple of the best teams in their history will be lucky to be 9-3 this year. It’s just life in the sec these days. Wish it was more like basketball and baseball where you still have a shot in the postseason even without the best record in the league (no one would want to draw us), but that’s not how it works.

Pitt loses Pickett. Even with him they barely squeaked by us when we had a lot of injuries. Why would you look forward to UF? Do you love seeing TN get hammered at home?

Why NOT look forward to facing Florida? I mean, Hell, they just fired their HC. They will probably lose some commits, and several transfers. Tennessee on the other hand is on one of the best upward trajectories under the circumstances of this year. Good chance with that in mind? That the only hammering Tennessee fans are going to see is knocking back plenty of celebration drinks after the Vols hammer Florida.

It’s an absolute guess but if Hooker returns, we vastly improve on defense, and get some quality transfers I could see a 9 win regular season.

It’ll take some high end coaching and a little luck but it’s possible. Still too much time between now and then to be certain though.

VN Store

Back